CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"She was supposed to meet a friend, a boy her age. The 1,000-foot walk down the street to his home should have taken four minutes, maybe five."

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_21820092/jessica-ridgeway-what-happened-colorado-girl

J does not live 1000 feet down the street. I do not understand this. I thought her mother said her regular routine was to meet her friends at the park and walk to school together. Why was she meeting this boy at his house? His house IS NOT ON HER ROUTE TO SCHOOL. Why the difference in routine this day? I realize I have missed many posts and have not been able to keep up like I usually do - but this is not sitting well with me.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Without sleuthing Jessica's friend, how do we know exactly where he lives? The location that was thought to be his home (and formerly indicated on a map posted here) may not have been correct. According to the Denver Post article it almost certainly is not correct. I don't take that possible location as the correct one.

IMO.

Woe I apologize. I don't know what to think anymore. I know that in investigations what people think originally is usually wrong or updated as more information takes place. That Scanner thread was all over the place and almost all the info people now believe is wrong. Maybe the whole new story is false info but I'm MAJORLY confused. She was seen by who with the purple thing? They mention Aunt's boyfriend but never follow up on that. What is the deal with that?

This article is a prime example of what I just posted. If you click on the link, you will see that LE refuted what was reported tonight on the news. Like I said, MSM doesn't have the best track record for accuracy...their job is ratings.

Interesting that denverpost corrected what fox31 tv station reported. They quote LE in their correction.

A Denver TV station reported Sunday night that investigators in the Jessica Ridgeway abduction and murder had received new evidence.

Investigator Trevor Materasso of the Westminster Police Department said that "60 percent" of what Fox 31 reported Sunday night was "erroneous and bad information."

Read more: Police get tuft of hair from park near where Jessica Ridgeway found - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-tuft-hair-from-park-near-where#ixzz2A0BuwxAw
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Hey NC - I get that LE wants to know if anyone has seen this particular cross in the possession of someone. That's all fine. LE posted that on their facebook earlier.

BUT - if our sleuths want to run it down - they may. If no one comes forward to say that they have seen this particular cross in someone's possession before, LE may have to look to see if they can figure out where the cross was purchased. So... our sleuths may continue this down this road.... if you don't want to participate, that's okay. No worries. Just skip by the posts. It's all good!

Salem

thanks Salem :seeya:
After while it was all a blurr, LOL

I realize a lot of kids have parents who aren't together, but Atumn Pasquale, the 12 yo girl from NJ who was coming home from dad's and went missing is similar to JR, who lived with mom. and they both loved dogs, from the pictures.

is this the same perp? god I hope they find her tonight!

Reporters often misquote and misrepresent events. They get it wrong. Sometimes they correct themselves, but often they do not. Often. And yes, its tough to rely heavily on anything. Over the years, you get a feel for good newspapers. And you will get burned by a few who lead you astray when you are really depending on them.

LE will not respond to every incorrect item that is released by the media. Sometimes, LE themselves can mislead the public and use the media to do it. They will do whatever it takes to get the perp. Its how the whole thing works....and its crazy. Take the new info....I wouldn't be surprised at all if there is something new...and I wouldn't be surprised to find that LE is denying it.

The new story completely contridicts what was said in the scanner in almost every way. They would have to contridict it unless it's false for a reason. This is absolutely crazy for me right now.

Ok everyone. This thread is headed back in the same direction that got it closed down twice today. No accusations, snarky comments or nasty remarks directed at the mother. She has been cleared and she is a VICTIM! Same goes for the dad of Jessica's friend! The mods will shut this down if this keeps going!
That is correct.

How long would it take to get DNA back from JEssica? You think they have that back?

They already have it. I went to first page of entire case, 10-5-12 and started reading all over again. It refreshes a lot.:seeya:

egorski@denverpost.com

By Eric Gorski and Jeremy P. Meyer
The Denver Post

Here's the authors' email if someone would like to contact them in regards to the sources of their article. I fear we'll go round this topic till the cows come home.

Hey, not me!! Because just like the wood, it really isn't something we can expect to find an accurate answer on! I honestly think the abduction site is known and it will end up being one of those things LE keeps close to the vest. JMO

Woe I apologize. I don't know what to think anymore. I know that in investigations what people think originally is usually wrong or updated as more information takes place. That Scanner thread was all over the place and almost all the info people now believe is wrong. Maybe the whole new story is false info but I'm MAJORLY confused. She was seen by who with the purple thing? They mention Aunt's boyfriend but never follow up on that. What is the deal with that?

Oh wow. That is a new thing for me. Where is that posted? tia

OK scadder...now you're one of us! Soldier on! :websleuther:

I think in the scanner and early stages it's just rapid fire going on tips and hints rather than hard facts. I would hope so because if not NONE of this makes sense.

My phone is acting up, I posted the next post a couple down. So sorry.
The white car has come up a few times in reports recently.
AND the guy put a rag over her face.
Creepy.

Makes me wonder if it is a copycat now that the earlier Ketner abduction attempt has been widely publicised.

How long would it take to get DNA back from JEssica? You think they have that back?

They identified her body by DNA. Either from her mom or a toothbrush or hairbrush that belonged to Jessica.

They already have it. I went to first page of entire case, 10-5-12 and started reading all over again. It refreshes a lot.:seeya:

I know they have DNA to identify her, I meant foreign DNA and run through database... To link w Ketner park jogger perp.

Motorcade fundraiser benefits family of Jessica Ridgeway

"Thousands of motorcyclists and drivers came out Sunday to honor the memory of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway and raised an estimated $40,000 for her family."

"The approximately 2,000 participants each paid $20 to participate in the event, according to organizers. Every dollar earned will go to Jessica's parents, Sarah Ridgeway and Jeremiah Bryant, Beckwith said."

Stephan Teske, a family friend and spokesperson for the Ridgeways, said it was by far the largest fundraiser in memory of Jessica.
"I know that most of the money is going to be used for the Jessica Ridgeway Foundation" the family plans to create, Teske said. "They want to do something positive for her memory, like sending kids to camp and cheerleading stuff. Jessica really wanted to do cheerleading."

"Beckwith's sponsors designed a special purple helmet that said "We Love you, Jessica" on the front and had a purple memorial ribbon on the back.
Beckwith led the motorcade on his bright red motorcycle just before 2 p.m. At the end of the tour, he and his family signed the helmet and gave it to the Ridgeways."

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...e-fundraiser-benefits-family-jessica-ridgeway

Wow, that's so wonderful.
That is amazing!
2000 people. The family knows people care about them and their tragedy. Finally something to reconfirm the good of man and womankind.

public service announcement

Copying from the scanner forum is forbidden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics