CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I got that. Just telling you why it might be important to know or at least have an idea of what kind of wood it is, and why it might matter to posters. I'll tell you, there are very few Denibian Slime stones out there.....

Meh. You're just not looking in the right places, that's all.

Why, I know this little gaming establishment near that wormhole whose owner could get you a great price on any quantity you wanted...

And he's got some interesting holo-novels. If you know what I mean.

Exclusive: DNA from Jessica Ridgeway suspect linked to unsolved attack, sources say

Posted on: 11:03 pm, October 21, 2012

WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Sunday afternoon, about a mile from where Jessica Ridgeway’s remains were found, someone walking in a field made an unsettling discovery.

Police closed the field off in crime-scene tape and performed a grid search removing bags of evidence.

A source familiar with the investigation said the person discovered a clump of blond hair which investigators believe may be Jessica Ridgeway’s.

Fox 31 Denver has learned new details about the Ridgeway murder investigation showing investigators are making progress in finding her killer.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/exclusiv...uspect-linked-to-unsolved-attack-sources-say/

I haven't seen a thing about Jessica's case in local papers here in NM...I don't read them everyday but almost everyday. And we are not that far away. Only if I happen to flip by HLN.

Anyway, the story printed today does contradict a lot of things. Maybe these things don't matter to LE right now, but they are contradictory.

9NEWS Denver‏@9NEWS

Police tell @9NEWS they collected something from Pattridge Park today that could be evidence in the #JessicaRidgeway case.

Omg., my heart is beating so hard, after reading this.

IMO, I think this is really true. If you think about what happens in just a car accident or something - 4 people will have 4 different stories to tell. When they all calm down and can think straight again - you can fit the pieces of their stories together to make a complete picture.

The scanner happens before everyone calms down. Rapid fire to get emergency assistance. It is not until LE is on the scene that they can begin to actually fit things together.

Just my :twocents:
Salem

I gotta think this is true honestly. No way that things are so different now than then. So she's spotted and then not spotted and then seen with a stuffed animal and then the stuffed animal is back in the house and then she was seen in school but no one confirms it and then they talk about the route she walks from school to home incase she got there and left. I'm not taking that as fact I'll take the newstory that hasn't been contridicted as fact.

I am not a MOD but we cannot tell a fellow poster what they can or can't post about. It is against the TOS rules. If you have not read them please do so.

Ignore the post or alert a Mod if something is not to your liking.

Do not want this Thread to be closed and give our MODs more work to do.

So the things that seem to be false now that are on the scanner? Are they true? Are they false leads? Is the current story all lies? How could she be seen in the Rec Park? Why would she take a stuffed animal with her on her walk to school? How could a friend at 4pm confuse what day saw someone at school?

what exactly is false? I think there's a fair amount of gray area and reading between the lines in this case. We all kind of accepted that the events of the morning JR went missing don't add up, but were told by LE that the family is cleared. Also, I trust LE have investigated everything that was said and all the people who said it. They do not get on the scanner later and tell us what came of the claims and their investigation of such. so we will not know what the outcome is. They very well may still be watching certain people if things didn't add up right. no suspect doesn't mean no one to be suspicious of.

I guess my doubts arise from the rewind thread and the statements of the ones who were interviewed. There were major discrepanies in those interviews and while I could accept one mistaken date, I find it hard to accept two or three accounts as being on the wrong day. Sorry, but it doesn't compute. One mistaken date okay, two or three not buying it. jmo

It happens, though.

In the Amber Dubois case, several witnesses said they saw her close to the school and even at the foot of the school driveway. LE consequently focused all their attention on that area.

They were all mistaken. She was actually abducted from a side street nowhere near the school.

There's a reason why mistaken eyewitness testimony is all or a significant part of about 75% of wrongful convictions. It's because it is quite unreliable but human nature tends to weight it as though it were reliable.

Exclusive: DNA from Jessica Ridgeway suspect linked to unsolved attack, sources say

WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Sunday afternoon, about a mile from where Jessica Ridgeway’s remains were found, someone walking in a field made an unsettling discovery.

Police closed the field off in crime-scene tape and performed a grid search removing bags of evidence.

A source familiar with the investigation said the person discovered a clump of blond hair which investigators believe may be Jessica Ridgeway’s.

Fox 31 Denver has learned new details about the Ridgeway murder investigation showing investigators are making progress in finding her killer.

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/21/exclusiv...uspect-linked-to-unsolved-attack-sources-say/

This is what LE has already stated 60 percent false and for all they know the hair could be dog hair. They haven't even analyzed it yet.

Investigator Trevor Materasso of the Westminster Police Department said that "60 percent" of what Fox 31 reported Sunday night was "erroneous and bad information."

Read more: Police get tuft of hair from park near where Jessica Ridgeway found - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...-tuft-hair-from-park-near-where#ixzz2A0HkTrbe

And the FoX News story From tonite is here...

Sixty percent is significant...

You guys should have been following the Karen Swift case. Talk about contradictory information! Between, HLN, MSM, Nancy Grace, Memphis, Nashville and local Dyersburg papers, no one was able to get anything straight. What a mess!

It happens, though.

In the Amber Dubois case, several witnesses said they saw her close to the school and even at the foot of the school driveway. LE consequently focused all their attention on that area.

They were all mistaken. She was actually abducted from a side street nowhere near the school.

There's a reason why mistaken eyewitness testimony is all or a significant part of about 75% of wrongful convictions. It's because it is quite unreliable but human nature tends to weight it as though it were reliable.

also, there were no interviews in the scanner thread. just LE asking questions and verifying what exactly happened. you're reading it as they were getting their heads around it. it's not a nice tidy 45 min crime show. it's real life and chaos when there's a missing girl.

right. she probably wouldn't, and nowhere that is credible and verified does it say she did.
there is no Amber Alert for her yet but this was said in the paper so it looks like they believe it was abduction. I know this is not her thread but I fear it could be related.creepy gets creepier. the map of where this girl was last seen has her home close to a small lake and field/open space area.

I just remembered I have been there - I had a HS friend from there.

"MacDonald said borough police and officers with the Gloucester County Prosecutor’s Office - along with the area CART (Child Abduction Response Team) - are searching for Pasquale."
http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county/index.ssf/2012/10/clayton_girl_12-year-old_autum.html

I don´t know what you are talking about :what:

I´m talking about the map with obvious WRONG address for the friend of Jessica that she was supposed to have walked with to school the morning Oct 5th.
The address which you said was correct when I posted that it could not be right.

But now you are responding concernning somthing totaly different than what my post was about

Your posts are VERY confusing.

It is not unusual for there to conflicting reports that come out early on and often even later in a case.

One thing that is helpful is to look carefully at who is making the comment.
If the reporter writes:
LE says that xyz happened.

it is not the same as

"XYZ happened", said Officer John Doe.

The latter type of comment- doesn't typically change, but the former type of comment very often do change and most likely will.

Reporters paraphrase often in a sensational way and while we can use MSM information for the framework- don't lock yourself into the early reports because they change and evolve as more information is revealed by LE.
Do the best you can to stay civil with one another regarding some of the reports and sort through them the best you can.
Thanks.

EDITED TO ADD: ok, read further and see pd has said most of this is untrue. NVM :)

this has a lot of new and possibly interesting information but I am suspicious of the reliability as it is all from "sources". Nothing on Westminster PD FB page or twitter.

There are no hard facts. It's all very fluid right yet. I just try to remember all the little details and file them away without judgement or decision. I've been fooled too many times having a preconceived notion. :blushing: :twocents:

Best advice tonight!! Newcomers should take note! Thank you for this very helpful comment. And with that, I'm outta here!

I just don't belive that!

WHY on earth would Jessica walk 0.9 miles ( ca, 17 minutes) to a friends house in order to get to school (and then add to that, from the friends house to the school it is 0.6 miles ca 12 minutes), when the walking distance from her very own home to school is 0.4 miles (ca 9 minutes) ???

It just doesn't add up.
So, I looked up the two addresses on Mapquest. It is .9 miles if you go by streets. IF you could go as the crow flies, it is only about 2000 feet from one to the other. That is about .37 of a mile or 10 minutes, give or take (ASSUMING THE ADDYS IN THE SCANNER ARE CORRECT). Around our area, there are cut-throughs and trails, I don't know about there. Meeting at Chelsea park makes the most sense if a bunch of kids are walking together from the direction of Jessica's house. Going from Iris Way to Chelsea Park makes no sense at all, unless you really, really like the people you walk with. It would make more sense to meet up with anyone coming from Chelsea Park at 106th street or almost to the school.

That being said, I remember walking an extra half mile to a different bus stop in my area in High School because I had a crush on a person who got on the bus there. Worth the walk for the chat before the bus got there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!