CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #17

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it may be a fact that the child said it, but later was determined that the child was wrong. Stuff in scanner time is on the fly, info coming in that needs to be verified, checked out.

It was proven wrong that the child didn't say it or it was proven wrong that the child really didn't see her?

The question is if while interviewing a friend of J's who said she didn't walk with me but i saw her walk up to the doors but she didn't come in.

Is that established fact in this case?

Is her being spotted with her specific purple stuffed toy by someone considered a fact in this case?

... stuffed toy? No. She was on her way to school. Either her pillow case, her sheets, or a stuffed toy were used as scent tracking material. She was not walking to school with her pillow toys ... Jessica wanted to be a big kid.

The mistake in days about Jessica arriving at school on October 5 is not established fact. Jessica left her house at 8:25 AM, on October 5, walked to meet a friend and didn't arrive. The friend was taken to school by his dad, who did think to report that something was wrong .... when the neighbor girl didn't show up for the ride to school.

Ok so LE confirming to public is what is considered fact and not statements of sightings from witnesses?

Are you reading back a bit when you post? Because a lot of your questions have been answered in detail and it appears as though you're missing the answers you asked for? Really not trying to be mean, just wondering if you are checking for the answers you're requesting. Sometimes you might even have to click a page back to see the responses. JMO

I didn't know of the scanner till yesterday, I was going on the Denver Post article as being what was fact at the time so the scanner threw me off hardcore. I'll just take the Denver Post article as the facts that we know..

She called to friends to confirm going there that day, talked to the dad, at 8:25 she left Mom's house, at 8:40 the friend left without her in the car because 10 minutes till the bell.

Scadder, are you afraid of LE? Only preps need to be afraid of them. They are watching and know. We shouldn't doubt too much.

You mean 'perps'? Lol.... is someone on here a perp??? Let the rumors begin...

Feel free to delete this post - I have a headache from the last three pages.

You mean 'perps'? Lol.... is someone on here a perp??? Let the rumors begin...

Feel free to delete this post - I have a headache from the last three pages.

Not afraid at all.......from Illinois, and was fingerprinted multiple times for my job. I'm clean :)

Yes, but it does have SPECIFIC statements by people lines of thought that have been completely dropped. Someone seeing her walk up to the school then leave, one kid stating both he walked with her to the door and she left and her walking and talking to a teachers aide. She was also seen with her purple pillow a specific describtion of it. I believe the cop then said she must have come back because the pillow is here. Just specific statements that were completley dropped.

BBM

how do you know this information was completely dropped? Could not the information have been "completely investigated" by LE. We are not privy to what happens to the information gathered once it is handed over to the detectives/investigations in the case unless this information is discussed officially by LE via video/paper press conferences/releases.

Scadder here is the thread link you requested for the scanner thread for Jess:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8495471#post8495471"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

It was proven wrong that the child didn't say it or it was proven wrong that the child really didn't see her?

A couple of ideas here and then I gotta hit the hay. The scanner is not something that proves or disproves what a witness either says or shares. It is dispatch and feedback.

I learned in school that eye witnesses are the least reliable evidence. Eye witnesses get it wrong or incomplete.... as much or more than they get it right.

Just a couple things to keep in mind. Now I hear a pillow calling.:seeya:

I keep thinking about the California EAR/ONS case. This guy terrorized California during the 1970s to early 1980s. He started out with prowling and rape in the Sacramento area (50+ incidents), then moved on to Orange County where he murdered 12 people (men and women). It took a number of years to connect the rapes with the murders.

Guess what? LE is in possession of his DNA but it has never shown up in any database. Now THAT'S scary.

California requires DNA for felony arrests now due to this perp, who made Zodiac look like an amateur in comparison.

A couple of ideas here and then I gotta hit the hay. The scanner is not something that proves or disproves what a witness either says or shares. It is dispatch and feedback.

I learned in school that eye witnesses are the least reliable evidence. Eye witnesses get it wrong or incomplete.... as much or more than they get it right.

Just a couple things to keep in mind. Now I hear a pillow calling.:seeya:

I agree eye witnesses are least reliable. But if I saw a man walk past my house with a Santa hat on can it be proved that I didn't see that? Yes it can if there is a camera at my door 24/7 but any amount of other people not seeing thise person can't prove that I didn't see him.

Ok, I'm thinking that at this point either
A- absolutely no explanation is going to help.
or
B - someone is just choosing to be obstinate to stir up the board.
Either way, I am going to bed.
Nite all.

:takeoff:

No I'll drop it....i"m just saying there is no way to "prove" that someone didn't see what they said they saw. Unless that area was under video surveillance.

It's 2:11 on the east coast, and I have 4 hours til breakfast cooking time, so goodnight everyone. Hoping I don't wake up to 8 new pages of :banghead:
But we should all wake up fresh and sorted out and ready for news of progress!

Back to the background in this case until I'm clear of what the actual facts are in the case.

To get a SOLID answer you would have to ask the LE involved, to which they would probably not give the information at this time anyway. I personally think that a lot of the initial info on the scanner was an exchange of information between LE, not facts. Facts are given when the LE go to channel 4 on the scanner so scanner listeners cannot hear them or in their personal discussions/meetings, etc.

Oh, yes....good ole Channel 4; and I'll tell you that happens a lot!!

I feel uncomfortable discussing the scanner thread up here.....

One more "come on in" shout to the forum guests. Bet you have something useful to post and we would like seeing your your ideas, notions and posts. Come on in, the water is fine.

Nite all,,,, :offtobed: sweet dreams. Prayers that Wednesday will bring the truth and justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member