CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulldozer/Truck on fire just minutes from the AS house...wow weird.

Oh wow, just saw the news. Haven't had time to be on the board today... left myself lurking on the previous thread. How crazy... he's only 17?

I'm so, so glad his momcaught him!!?!!

RIP Jessica.

Wonder how close LE was to this guy? While I'm very glad he's off the streets, it's a little unnerving that he turned himself him. Could he have kept going if he hadn't?

I don't even think he was on their radar. I watched an interview with a neighbor, and I think she would've mentioned if LE had searched the homes there.

They had his neighbor talking on HLN. She said neighborhood is in shock, mom was nice lady, quiet. her only interaction w suspect was bc his cats came into her yard where she had dogs. She would ask the cats to leave ans he would take them away. she said family had lots of cats that were uncared for (wonder what else?). i think neighbor lived 2 doors down. She thought he was still in HS.

Yesterday boys w some kind of bike, scooter came to house but she didn't know whether they were for younger brother to play. So it seemed like yesterday life was normal at house.

seems like family has been there forever, and i think brother may be younger as family has been there since younger boy was a baby. she said next door neighbor had boys the same age and they use to play w suspect. She said mom was single mom, mom had boyfriend in past but she thinks they broke up a month ago. Neighborhood is kind where people bother, go to homes, etc.

Let's just put him in general population and save us tax dollars.

I said that, only because I felt it was someone who moved about easily in the neighborhood, without sticking out. Also the time of morning she disappeared, a teen who drives.

I have no maps up. Has anyone looked to see if he would be traveling through her neighborhood on the way to school? Also, the kid who took LE to their "hangout". Were some of those kids older?

Does Sigg have younger siblings?

A neighbor said he lives with his mother, M, and a brother, P. P is younger, but I don't know by how much.

I saw that, too, so I went searching. Here was an explanation of the charges for the Colorado movie theater shooter. Looks like they do two-for-one specials in Colorado, one count for "causing harm" and one for "extreme indifference to human life."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57482151/james-eagan-holmes-charged-with-murder-attempted-murder-from-colo-rampage/

"For each victim who died in the rampage, Holmes, 24, was charged with two counts of first-degree murder, one for allegedly intending to cause harm and another for allegedly acting with extreme indifference to human life, according to court documents."

I apologize if this has already been mentioned. I was having trouble getting on for awhile.

Thank you Thank You! I understand now.

Insane. I am so glad they caught him.

His mother must be beside herself. I feel SO badly for her.

I don't know your age, but this case has got me really thinking about how I (and maybe others) grew up with a very specific serial killer stereotype: Ted Bundy. (And for me, a bit of Hannibal Lecter or other fictional mature, super-smart killers thrown in.) So I also dismissed the theories of it being a kid, I really expected an experienced killer late 20s/30s at least. I'll have to really think about my intellectual prejudices in this kind of thing and where I picked them up.

Yeah, I was waiting to pick up my child at school as the press conference was taking place and thinking about that. My assumption is that killers in these types of cases are 20-40 yo white men. That was the way it used to work.

I think the cultural of violence has changed and we as a society are just catching up. Maybe mental illness is manifesting earlier? Maybe there's something about our society where a 17-year-old--apparently a high school graduate and college freshman--can do this. He's the same age as Dylan Klebold was--17, almost 18 (and Eric Harris was barely 18). Columbine is hardly the only high school shooting that's taken place in the last decade. Maybe we're not connecting the dots when it comes to heinous crimes by teen males against random people or complete strangers?

How can a person who kills one person be charged with 2 counts of murder?

I have to check CO law for sure, but it means that he committed murder in conjunction with another felony, i.e. kidnapping, and that the murder was used to conceal his other crime...

Looks like they were looking for or collecting eveidence on the front fo the jeep... maybe suspect hit JR with his car, maybe by accident (or is saying that he did) and then panicked...? that doesn't explain the attack on the jogger or the "not in-tact body" though. I will be so grateful when they relase more details.

that never occurred to me!
wow, good point...will be interesting to find out the truth!

I don't even think he was on their radar. I watched an interview with a neighbor, and I think she would've mentioned if LE had searched the homes there.

One woman who lives about a block away did say that teams of LE DID search her home and her immed. neighbors after the abduction. She didn't know about Sigg's home as she doesn't have direct sight of his home and did not know the family.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_can_a_person_who_kills_one_person_be_charged_with_2_counts_of_murder.

If the deceased was a female who was pregnant and carrying a viable fetus.

Criminal Law Questions

This has been answered .. and they explained it in the presser... I wish my brain was working well enough to explain it... but it's not.. lol. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double