CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL my mom got me something similar when I worked late nights- a personal alarm... set it off a few times accidently getting something out of my purse... on a call floor! I had forgot about it til I read that! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Sorry OT, but another little story; my coworker got a stun gun after there had been several rapes in the parking garage we used. I remember her picking up her "purse" (it was a blue Crown Royal bag), and she stunned herself with it. This was the first day she bought it

ARREST MADE NEAR KETNER LAKE!!!

NEWS conference at noonl

Good call, ZhaZhaZha!!!

They specifically said arrest made at HOUSE near Ketner. I wonder when it was...I heard a TON of sirens maybe last night (? - not sure), but my friend said, "I hope they're going to get that !*#!&"

Also, they just said on news that last night, they received a MAJOR BREAK in the case that they were hoping for. They got a call which led them to a home near the Ketner Lake open space area.

On my drive to work today I looked at the changing colors against the mountains and thought how beautiful it all was, like today is special for some reason. I have a really good feeling that we'll get big answers today.

I've been reading from behind and I came across your post, and I knew something was going to happen. I literaly got chills all over!!

THANK GOD!!!!!! This MONSTER is locked up!

If she was murdered at the location where she was found, how did she get there if not by car?

My apologies, I was wrong on that thought. Thanks for questioning me on that.

I had Ketner Park and the Arveda Open Space mixed up. I thought that houses lined the back of the recovery location, in which case the perp and Jessica could have walked there, but, it is the Ketner Park/Attempted Abduction location that is lined with houses.

A car or truck MUST have been used by the murderer of Jessica, as you suggested, Otto.

Officials released a statement which I quoted yesterday, indicating that a vehicle has NOT been linked to the attempted abduction or Jessica's murder.

OH MY GOSH!! I bet this is a small/young man who attempted to abduct women and couldn't, then moved on to smaller victims.

Is their a link to the news conference??

It won't be long until we all completely understand the meaning of "light skinned".

That's funny, I put surgical gloves on when cleaning in part because it makes the bags easier to open.

As for chloroform or any other inhalant anesthesia, the speed depends in good part on the bodyweight of the victim. In medical practice, they use some type of IV to induce anesthesia for patients over around 80 pounds because it just takes too long for an inhalant anesthesia to work.

Having been the unlucky subject of a gas-only anesthesia (hate, hate, hate teaching hospitals), it's terrifying to go through. It felt like drowning on dry land. I could still breath but I felt like I was smothering.

Doesn't surprise me that the chemical soaked rag was not particularly successful with adult women.

I think the bar attempt was a copycat and probably two or more drunk idjits egging each other on. Those perps tried it in plain sight of a bunch of people whereas the Ketner Lake suspect made his attempt without witnesses.

A related factor that I was thinking about (for why the chloroform, if that's what it was) wasn't effective is this: one of the great things about inhalational anesthesia is that it is quick to blow off. If you've been at the dentist's and taken inhaled anesthetic through a gas mask, one of the reasons they do that is so that what you're breathing in is controlled - usually a liquid anesthetic + oxygen (and possibly other gases) to vaporize it. A cloth (a porous material, by the way) manually held over the mouth doesn't provide this kind of control. Also, at least in my experience with small animals, it doesn't take long to take effect (though not instantaneous), but it also can be quickly reversed by decreasing the % anesthetic in the mixture. Meaning that a few breaths of fresh air would probably be quite sufficient for this woman to blow off whatever the guy thought he was administering...particularly if her lungs were already open from exercising.

HFS! I just saw the announcement! Link to watch?! OMG I'm so excited.

oh my goodness, what good news today! May this sweet girl get justice.

A link to the presser please...

:rocker: This is awesome news!

Best news ever. I just hit my knees in relief. A monster off the streets!

On my drive to work today I looked at the changing colors against the mountains and thought how beautiful it all was, like today is special for some reason. I have a really good feeling that we'll get big answers today.

OMG OMG OMG!!! DID I know it or WHAT?! :great:

Westminster Police said in a press release Wednesday:

"Late Tuesday evening, police received a call that led them to a home near the Ketner Lake Open Space. With this discovery, police [announced] they made an arrest in the Ridgeway murder investigation. Additionally, authorities will file charges against the attacker in the May 28, 2012 attempted abduction at Ketner Lake.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/295910/339/Arrest-made-in-Jessica-Ridgeway-case

You were right!

jessica-ridgeway-640x480b_1349903953989_284747_ver1.0_320_240.jpg

Justice is coming sweetie.

Th tree where she was found on that angle of picture, looks triangular to me, the hump in the ground that is.

I legit jumped out of my chair and instantly got here after hearing this on Social Media...I am soooo happy.

7News and TheDenverChannel.com
BREAKING NEWS: Westminster police say they have arrested a suspect in the Jessica Ridgeway case.

I can't wait to see what this looks like. *advertiser censored**** scum of the earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double