CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #19

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before I go to bed, I wanted to say that this website has changed my life. I am on it all day at work and when I wake up randomly at 3 a.m and as much as I love this place,I really hope that we don't have another case like this .... For a long as it takes or evil to strike.

They are all sad and all deserve attention, grace, and love. Honestly, the idea that this child was possibly dismembered took it to a whole other level of horrificness. I don't know much about the mind of this type of person but Jesus, this case gutted my insides.

There are so many of you that I look up to an intently seek to read. The world needs more of you. The good seeds in an average world.

I am now 100% more aware of my surroundings and safety because of this site. I'm grateful for that.

Hugs to all of you. I still stand firm that it takes a special person to be here and I'm glad I am affiliated even if at only a few hundred postings.

RIP little Jessica.

I know in advance that I am going to get attacked....

This is a terrible event that has happened and this young man has committed a horrible and unthinkable crime, for which he must pay a dear price that will never bring sweet Jessica back. He has hurt so people....its immeasurable.

But still, reading his history, I feel compassion for him. I suppose this is what separates us from violent people. We can allow our hearts to break in appropriate ways.....

I'm so glad the perp was caught and no one can or will suspect the mother or family anymore.

Can't argue whether the right perp was really found when they've got a confession, body parts found in the perp's house, and (soon) a full DNA match. I'm relieved the family won't face additional wild speculation of being involved--as if their pain and horror aren't enough.

And ditto the father of JR's friend, who drove his son to school and was imagined as being involved in JR's disappearance. The guilt alone has to be awful, but to be thought of as someone sinister...it compounds the pain of so many innocent people.

I always hope lessons will be learned that highlight it's important to not start pointing fingers when a crime occurs and facts are not known. Trying to guess the perp or unsub on CSI or one of the crime shows may be fun, but these are real people's lives being altered forever.

*cough* Isa Celis *cough*. BBM. Same "rules" apply, IMHO

I agree. I too think the human remains will end up being those hotly debated and speculated about missing remains belonging to jessica. I won' t be surprised if diarticulated animal remains are found as wel though. I am pretty convinced there were animal "practice runs", particularly in light of the classmate who described the rat decomp experiments. :(

There were many uncared for cats in the Siggs' home, according to one article that interviewed the neighbours (I can't find the article now), FWIW.

So that twitter linked above said he was picked on because he had a really high pitched voice. And on NG, one of his childhood friends was a younger neighbor girl, who said he used to hang out only with her and her girlfriends. He had few friends his age and played with younger girls.

If it was a split second decision and he just grabbed her, what did he hog tie *shiver* her with? Did he have a kit he stashed in the car, just in case he was able to grab someone?
I carry rope in my car (as well as duct tape and wire), but mine are for tying on mattresses :) , Christmas Trees, and wiring on broken alternators. Just saying it isn't unusual to have such in a car (or am I really the only one?)

I know in advance that I am going to get attacked....

This is a terrible event that has happened and this young man has committed a horrible and unthinkable crime, for which he must pay a dear price that will never bring sweet Jessica back. He has hurt so people....its immeasurable.

But still, reading his history, I feel some compassion for him. I suppose this is what separates us from violent people. We can look at allow our hearts to break in appropriate ways.....

It does not justify his actions, but it does kind of explain how he got there, imo.
I feel badly for him too, although I would beat the chit out of him is given the chance.

I was just about to post about his voice and wondered if we'd seen anything about him being bullied. I listened to some of the youtube stuff with him, his brother and the next door neighbor and his voice stood out, i immediately thought 'i bet this kid was bullied'. It's no excuse.

From those videos, he seemed like an awkward teen, trying to be cool. I wonder what happened between then and now for him to escalate to this.

Anime was mentioned earlier. Does anyone know anymore on that? There is a seriously dark side to Anime.

Isn't there a seriously dark side to Western comics and cartoons too? E.g., Batman, DC/Vertigo comics, "The Crow", some of the really disturbing stuff they show on Adult Swim...

(Sorry--I struggle with a lot of the negative connotations with various subcultures, hobbies or online activities because they're so unbelievably common, especially among millennials. My teenage niece wants to be an anime illustrator.)

I was just about to post about his voice and wondered if we'd seen anything about him being bullied. I listened to some of the youtube stuff with him, his brother and the next door neighbor and his voice stood out, i immediately thought 'i bet this kid was bullied'. It's no excuse.

From those videos, he seemed like an awkward teen, trying to be cool. I wonder what happened between then and now for him to escalate to this.

I think his girlfriend broke up with him, for one. I know my son took it really hard when his first love broke it off. Looking back on it, I guess I should be relieved that the fists through the wall and the broken bedroom door are the only bad things that happened.

None of those things in and of themselves (gaming, Anime, fantasy role-playing) should be a cause for such a depraved action, and I don't believe it is. In the hands of normal, healthy, emotionally fit kids and within some amount of moderation I think it's not dangerous. In the hands of someone who is mentally ill or otherwise not emotionally stable, I think it's just another piece in a complex puzzle that doesn't help them and may serve to contribute to their darker impulses in some way. The same could be said for anything though: movies, TV shows, books, comics, etc. It's easy to blame a violent game, but are there studies that show actual causation? I think it's much more complex and involves more important things like the family, family structure, relationship with parents, etc, etc.

It does not justify his actions, but it does kind of explain how he got there, imo.
I feel badly for him too, although I would beat the chit out of him is given the chance.

Obviously there is not justification for his actions. The entire crime rips my heart out.

I don't know what I would do if given the chance. Probably sit in front of him with my head in my hands and cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member