CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a parent or caregiver has the responsibility to ensure a child arrives at school. moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

social media will either make or break this case

with all the tweets, it's like you are right there

sometimes I think it is such an invasion of privacy

just letting off some steam

How will social media make or break this case? :waitasec:

I think LE would be this thorough with any house they were searching in the neighborhood. Or I would hope so. If LE asked everyone to search their property for either a child or possible evidence of any kind, you would do the same. Check in sheds, garages, car, under the house and in your trash cans,etc. This just may be the fact that the news agencies are already parked near the Ridgeways' and can clearly see what LE is doing....and ran with it. imo

Yeah, but shouldn't they have already done this by now? I thought they searched all the homes, except ones where kids were sleeping and they were asked to come back or people weren't home. I thought this home was already searched.

In our district we get absent calls after 6pm!! If something was to happen to my son I wouldn't know until he didn't make it home after school! He is now in 7th grade and is just now starting to take the bus occasionally. The bus picks him up at the end of our driveway where I wait with him.

Why not have the child text or call once he's at school if he has a phone?

I feel a parent or caregiver has the responsibility to ensure a child arrives at school. moo

Same here. My kids were trained to text me that they made it to school safely from the first time they rode their bikes independently. Just because they're out of my sight, their well being and safety are still my responsibility.

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
We do not have any suspect sketch at this time nor is the #jessicaridgeway case currently connected to any existing sketch.

Same here. My kids were trained to text me that they made it to school safely from the first time they rode their bikes independently. Just because they're out of my sight, their well being and safety are still my responsibility.

That's a good idea, but many schools don't allow kids, especially grade schoolers, to have or use cell phones.

If a parent puts a child on a bus to school..they still have no guarantee
that child will get inside the building..

"Police say there is no indication that she has been abducted."

http://www.9news.com/dontmiss/293151/630/Police-volunteers-search-for-missing-girl

"We do not have any reason to believe there is a person going around abducting children," Materasso said.

http://www.coloradodaily.com/ci_217...-space-areas?source=most_viewed#axzz28ksn3C1k

Okay, then where is Jessica and what happened to her? :waitasec:

Whoa, what do they think then?
She's a runaway who packed her bag and then dropped it off in the middle of the night 6 miles away?
Something happened at home and the bag was planted by a family member? (not sure I am allowed to say that? I'll prepare myself for a modderly snipping)

Have we heard of any other house being searched as thoroughly as the one that keeps getting mentioned now (trash, backyard, etc)?

If a parent puts a child on a bus to school..they still have no guarantee
that child will get inside the building..

Our district a very good system in place for the grade school bus riders. Our campus has staff outside as each bus arrives and the children immediately enter the building and go to the cafeteria for breakfast or to the gym.

Well I agree that it's a parent's responsibility. My kids have to text me also. Even my oldest, who's 22 :) I just looked at the map however, and I thought about how long it would take that little girl to walk to the point of being "out of site" and wondererd realistically, if the Mom really stood there that entire time, every single day, until she made it that far. Again, if she was the only child walking in the neighborhood to school each morning, that's different (if they live in an area where there aren't many kids, that could be the case). That said, if there weren't lots of kids out and about, my kid would not be walking alone period. I'd be driving her. Again, I'm not pointing fingers at mom. It just doesn't seem realistic to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi