CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Westminster Police‏@WestminsterPD

We continue to work hard to find #JessicaRidgeway. We will provide an update tomorrow morning at a 6:30 AM press briefing.

Yeah, but shouldn't they have already done this by now? I thought they searched all the homes, except ones where kids were sleeping and they were asked to come back or people weren't home. I thought this home was already searched.

I don't know if they could have searched outside as it was probably dark or just getting there....since some kids were already asleep. I don't believe LE did it here, but I've seen where LE will ask property...and business owners to check their property as best they can for any signs, etc....and/or help their neighbor if they are elderly or unable for some reason. Even ranchers and farmers. Can't remember the little girls name, but I believe it was in Greenville, WY? a few years ago, where LE even had a list to give to local media asking the citizens to go over their property with it. She was eventually found...but it wasn't a happy ending. :(

Whoa, what do they think then?
She's a runaway who packed her bag and then dropped it off in the middle of the night 6 miles away?
Something happened at home and the bag was planted by a family member? (not sure I am allowed to say that? I'll prepare myself for a modderly snipping)

IMO, it's LE speak so as not to panic the community. In todays presser the PIO spoke at length about training kids for this type of situation and that parents should talk to their kids about it. etc etc.

Statistically a child abductor will not turn around and take another child so soon. Also statistically it could be someone known to Jessica, but not a stranger and not necessarily family.

Why isn't she answering questions??

It must be an extremely difficult and scary time for her, but perhaps she could say a quick thanks to everyone's concerns and prayers for Jessica. Then say 'no questions at this time'. We just have the cousin's statement so far.

Jessica's dad should be in town soon. It's about 9 hours driving time from KC to Denver, or an hour to fly.

You all will know where I am going with this, and I hate to have to ask it (but I've learned from other cases it is important.

What day is trash pickup in Jessica's neighborhood? Sorry if this has been discussed -- I'm new to this case.

IMO, it's LE speak so as not to panic the community. In todays presser the PIO spoke at length about training kids for this type of situation and that parents should talk to their kids about it. etc etc.

Statistically a child abductor will not turn around and take another child so soon. Also statistically it could be someone known to Jessica, but not a stranger and not necessarily family.

Saying there is no evidence of an abduction is very unusual.

I'm having a heck of a time trying to keep caught up with this case. No way I can read through all of the posts.....

Can someone please catch me up on what was meant by not relying on the clothing Jessica was reportedly last wearing? :waitasec: Does this mean her clothing may have been found? Or she took clothing with her? I'm not thinking she ran away, but maybe she snuck clothing mom wouldn't allow her to wear? Though, she may be too young for that yet.

TIA! As I am really not sure what to make of this don't rely on what she was reported as seen last wearing?

Westminster Police‏@WestminsterPD

We continue to work hard to find #JessicaRidgeway. We will provide an update tomorrow morning at a 6:30 AM press briefing.

:floorlaugh: I'm sure the media is thrilled with that announcement.

Not without direct evidence of an abduction. Aside from the BP I don't think LE has any (direct) evidence yet and they won't give credence to any single theory over another without direct evidence.

Cubby, the way I took it is they want people to focus on her facial features because clothing and glasses could be different. (re: sans glasses)

I've heard it in most cases of missing women and children and it turned out to be exactly that. Deny foul play when it is, say no evidence that a person is a victim of foul play when they were.

That doesn't make sense - not you, the logic behind it. They can't tell porkies just in case the community gets upset or worried - there are already reports of attempted abductions in the area so surely these parents and children need to be on high alert anyway.

They clearly have a jolly good idea of what has happened to Jessica. Too similar to the April Jones case, and too soon :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi