CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what time her school starts? If she left the house at 8:30 to walk 3 blocks to meet friends for a 1.3 mile walk to school then that would mean school starts after 9 am?????

8:50 I'm pretty sure.

There's still the option that she was taken by someone who was not a stranger and not an immediate family member -- a more distant relative, a friend of the family, an older sibling or parent of a friend, for instance. Even a neighbor might fall into that category.

But how would that not be an abduction?

Really invasive and unnecessary, IMO, along with digging up bio-dad's record. I wish they wouldn't' do this crap. Knowing what mom looks like doesn't give us any insight into the situation.

respectfully disagree, I feel people naturally relate to the families visual expressions, emotions, etc...whether we like it or not. I see the sad the mom and I feel horrible for her. It may get more people out there to help.

As far as the Dad, it is what it is, sometimes bad things happen to children if a parent is involved in criminal activity/jail/prison. It may not be them, but could be the people they are associated with.

In this case, he is not a POI, but it does explain his delay in getting to CO, he may have had to get permission to leave the state to lend his support and assistance to the case.

Everyone may not agree with me, just my opinion

Cubby, the way I took it is they want people to focus on her facial features because clothing and glasses could be different. (re: sans glasses)

Thank you nurse', would you say this might mean LE is asking the public not to have tunnel vision so to speak? Or maybe better said they are requesting people expand what they might be looking for and to report anything that might be unusual?

tia!

I don't think the community would get upset or worried. I think they would go straight into panic mode. I know I would. Start buying guns when they don't know how to use them. Shooting at things that move. Start calling LE out everytime the wind blows. People will keep their kids home from school. LE needs to focus on Jessica and not the other stuff right now. I do think LE has a grasp on the situation and don't believe the community at large is in danger. As LE usually hints in situations like this, everyone should continue to use safety measures they do on a daily basis.

JMO!

What about the previous reported attempted abductions though? Surely they would all have guns left over from that panic buying session? (I'm kind of joking, but not completely)

IMO, families in this area should have been on high alert for a while already - same with the schools, they should have clear and effective policies in place and ensure everyone knows to act upon them.

However, back to Jessica. I've been wondering why LE have been saying they do not want volunteer search teams, and now denying she may have been abducted.

There are very few options left.

If she is a runaway, then the more people looking for her the better, before she does come to harm. She's only 10 for goodness sakes, not some stroppy teen who takes off every few days.

Which brings us back to the family.

If LE doesnt think this is an abduction,then do they think it may be someone in the home, just ttying to figure this out.

Actually, this sketch has been out there a while. Below is a story from September 14 that includes that sketch.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/09/...ase-sketch-in-child-enticement-investigation/

IMO I don't believe there is any indication that LE thinks this suspect is responsible for Jessica's abduction.
You may be coorrect..I was via mobile this afternoon and was going by the fact of it being posted on the missing fb site yesterday and wasnt able to search the internet to verify if in fact it had been released elsewhere already..maybe its connected..maybe its not..

But i will say this..LE is ABSOLUTELY looking into these attempted abductions by the suspect in the sketch..you damn well better believe they are regardless of when or where they previously released this sketch..and thats for the simple fact that these attempts were made 8miles from where Jessica was abducted, TWICE WITHIN THIS LAST MONTH(Sept 9th and Sept 14th)....so whether lE is indicating its connected(and they wouldnt be releasing that info publicly) or not i stand by my opinion that theres a good chance at it being the suspect in the sketch that abducted Jessica!

Thank you! I wasn't going to say anything since I ranted about the article on Dad's record just a short while ago but this is so intrusive and unnecessary. This woman is living a nightmare and should be entitled to a bit of fresh air without having her pic snapped and tweeted for everyone to gawk at or having people comment on why she isn't making a statement.

Jumping off this post in response to this general sentiment: If she wanted privacy, why didn't she go out back for fresh air?

Thank you nurse', would you say this might mean LE is asking the public not to have tunnel vision so to speak? Or maybe better said they are requesting people expand what they might be looking for and to report anything that might be unusual?

tia!

:twocents::twocents: My opinion is that they want the public to focus on her face. I didn't read anything into it other than that.

Jessica has a very distinct gap in her front teeth which could be very helpful in identifying her facial features even if her hair was cut or her glasses removed.

:twocents::twocents:

I feel like if Mom wanted fresh air, but didn't want to talk to the media, she could've gone in the backyard. Of course, the media is going to take her picture and ask for a comment.

I can't think of any missing child case that caused such a panic, that people started buying guns and shooting at anything that moves...:waitasec:

I lived in L.A. through the Nightstalker, two Freeway killers and the Hillside Strangler. I've seen everything I mentioned happen. Thankfully, it appears LE has learned a thing or two since then and now avoids setting off a panic.

Has anyone in her family come out and asked for her safe return? I always wonder when family does not do that. They could have and I missed it.

There was a link earlier in this thread to her grandmother on a morning show speaking out if I'm not mistaken.

LE seems to be more or less brushing off abduction, the idea of someone taking children from the street and the notion that the man in the sketch has anything to do with it. So what remains?? I can't help but feel they are ruling out everything outside of her own home.

Weren't the statements about there being no evidence of an abduction made on Friday? I was wondering if the reason they don't think people have to worry about someone just randomly abducting kids is that they believe she's still alive, and most perps don't take another one while they still have a living one. MOO

I lived in L.A. through the Nightstalker, two Freeway killers and the Hillside Strangler. I've seen everything I mentioned happen. Thankfully, it appears LE has learned a thing or two since then and now avoids setting off a panic.

Those are serial killer cases. I have never seen what you described (increase in gun ownership, etc) following ONE missing child case. The Nightstalker murdered people in their houses, so I could see people buying guns, in that case.

Jumping off this post in response to this general sentiment: If she wanted privacy, why didn't she go out back for fresh air?

I feel like if Mom wanted fresh air, but didn't want to talk to the media, she could've gone in the backyard. Of course, the media is going to take her picture and ask for a comment.

Quite. She would be able to see the media circus from her window. She clearly wanted them to see her

What about the previous reported attempted abductions though? Surely they would all have guns left over from that panic buying session? (I'm kind of joking, but not completely)

IMO, families in this area should have been on high alert for a while already - same with the schools, they should have clear and effective policies in place and ensure everyone knows to act upon them.

However, back to Jessica. I've been wondering why LE have been saying they do not want volunteer search teams, and now denying she may have been abducted.

If she is a runaway, then the more people looking for her the better, before she does come to harm. She's only 10 for goodness sakes, not some stroppy teen who takes off every few days.

"On Twitter, police asked people not to conduct their own uncoordinated searches for Jessica because it "disrupts police dogs."

This morning police say they have sent out a new team of bloodhounds that reportedly picked up on a scent Friday, but it may have been older than Friday morning when Jessica disappeared."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/07/jessica-ridgeway_n_1946520.html

Volunteers are only useful in a situation where you have a child who has wandered off and likely to be alive, but maybe injured. Such as a search and rescue operation. Other than that, untrained volunteers contaminated a crime scene, get lost and hurt themselves and take away resources from LE.

Look at what we know, she's probably not in her original clothing or glasses and they are searching in places that you would find a body. Could family be responsible? Sure. But there are still many other possibilities out there.

LE seems to be more or less brushing off abduction, the idea of someone taking children from the street and the notion that the man in the sketch has anything to do with it. So what remains?? I can't help but feel they are ruling out everything outside of her own home.

If not ruling out everything outside of her own home, then I think they have an idea of who is responsible - meaning, there is not someone on the loose and it must be someone she knew and perhaps went willingly with initially. I say 'initially' because I don't believe she ran away or ever had the intent to stay away.

I think it is someone within her circle of family/friends/neighbors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesspi