CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been horribly busy since Friday. Exhausted but that is life what can ya do about it. Finally able to sit down and read articles from better places then yahoo and facebook. Had a failed attempt yesterday to read here but lost internet connection driving in the sticks. One question which I have not been able to catch in articles yet..... Who watches her when mom works nights?

Been horribly busy since Friday. Exhausted but that is life what can ya do about it. Finally able to sit down and read articles from better places then yahoo and facebook. Had a failed attempt yesterday to read here but lost internet connection driving in the sticks. One question which I have not been able to catch in articles yet..... Who watches her when mom works nights?

Her grandmother. My understanding is that mom, Grandmom, aunt and Jessica all share a home.

Is anyone else thinking that the same perp may be responsible for both Jessica and Katelynn? Both girls have a striking resemblance in appearance and Cody, WY is only about 500 miles from Westminster, CO.
I've been looking at the map and it's a straight shot from Westminster, Co. to Cody, Wy where Katelynn was taken. Katelynn was found 14 miles from where she was abducted, 5 miles off the highway, near a reservoir (from looking at the map). Just looking at the area where Jessica went missing from and looking at wooded type reservoir areas within 15 miles of the abduction site, I'm wondering if the searchers have searched these areas. Just looking at the route and knowing where he left Katelynn, I'm thinking he (if it's the same person) doesn't veer too far off the highway to attack his victims and from where Katelynn was found I would say he is (again, if it's the same person) headed west toward Yellowstone Natnl Park. All jmo

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S...orado+80021&t=h&mra=dpe&mrsp=2&sz=8&via=2&z=6

Did we get a time for the family press conference?
Praying they find Jessica safe.

Is anyone else thinking that the same perp may be responsible for both Jessica and Katelynn? Both girls have a striking resemblance in appearance and Cody, WY is only about 500 miles from Westminster, CO.
I've been looking at the map and it's a straight shot from Westminster, Co. to Cody, Wy where Katelynn was taken. Katelynn was found 14 miles from where she was abducted, 5 miles off the highway, near a reservoir (from looking at the map). Just looking at the area where Jessica went missing from and looking at wooded type reservoir areas within 15 miles of the abduction site, I'm wondering if the searchers have searched these areas. Just looking at the route and knowing where he left Katelynn, I'm thinking he (if it's the same person) doesn't veer too far off the highway to attack his victims and from where Katelynn was found I would say he is (again, if it's the same person) headed west toward Yellowstone Natnl Park. All jmo

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=S...orado+80021&t=h&mra=dpe&mrsp=2&sz=8&via=2&z=6

I was shocked by how much they look alike. I had both threads open, and it was just ...eerie.

I almost want to believe that these two, Jessica and Katelynn are connected...

But, if he already dumped #2... odds wouldn't be very good for #1 still being alive.

If you have an Elizabeth/Shawn situation where the person took (or tried to take) more than one victim...
The second victim would likely know about the first.

Unless of course victim #2 became too much for the perp to handle before he could take her back to victim #1. I could see that...

I am probably wrong but I would be looking in the opposite direction of Jessica's home and where her backpack was found as well. My reasoning is that the perp would try to distract attention away from wherever the perp feels is the home base for the crime.

Your comment reminds me of the Joanna Yeates case in Bristol. Her body was found on a rural road that seemed to have no connection to anything, but she was killed elsewhere. It seemed that the perp had taken her there to distance himself from the crime. As it turned out, the murderer was her neighbor - living on the other side of the wall in their apartment building. Karen Swift is another example of the perp taking the evidence and spreading it in various locations away from the last place she was seen (home).

I think you're right in that the backpack was placed in a location that is meant to lead investigators away from the real evidence. One thing that I've noticed during map searches is that in the district where Jessica was abducted, property values are in the $150-200k range, but the backpack was left a district where property values are in the $350-400 range. I'm wondering how that factors into everything. Not only is the backpack left 6 miles away, but also in an area where standard of living is quite different - what would that suggest about the perp?

But, if he already dumped #2... odds wouldn't be very good for #1 still being alive.

If you have an Elizabeth/Shawn situation where the person took (or tried to take) more than one victim...

Unless of course victim #2 became too much for the perp to handle before he could take her back to victim #1. I could see that...

Jessica's backpack was found in an area that appears to be near two bodies of water, the Standley Lake and the Great Western Reservoir. I wonder how secluded these areas are and if they have been searched.

I think it could be the same guy, too. I even wonder if he was the one who took Lyric and Elizabeth.

Cody police issued this statement this morning. http://www.cityofcody-wy.gov/archives/45/OG - 12-225 Abduction of Katelynn _RN507.pdf

Thanks for the link. I was more interested in the highways 80/76 that leads straight from Iowa (Evansdale area) to Westminster - about a 10 hour drive.

I think it could be the same guy, too. I even wonder if he was the one who took Lyric and Elizabeth.

Cody police issued this statement this morning. http://www.cityofcody-wy.gov/archives/45/OG - 12-225 Abduction of Katelynn _RN507.pdf

I agree with you but if the same person took Lyric, Elizabeth, Jessica and then Katelynn last night, he either escalated very quickly between the last 2 or we need to be reexamining other cases of young girls that have disappeared between L&E going missing and Jessica being taken on Friday.

I agree with you but if the same person took Lyric, Elizabeth, Jessica and then Katelynn last night, he either escalated very quickly between the last 2 or we need to be reexamining other cases of young girls that have disappeared between L&E going missing and Jessica being taken on Friday.

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Because it's a huge gap between July 13 to October 5. I wonder if there are others, or I wonder if something happened to trigger him escalating. Job loss? Divorce?

Is there a way we can open a thread to discuss these links without distracting from the current threads? I don't really want to post on all three threads finding similarities, is there somewhere we can discuss this without interrupting the current search for Jessica?

Twitter

Rick Sallinger ‏@ricksallinger
Parents of #Jessicaridgeway to read statement to media pool later today

All the focus being directed toward posting and distributing flyers makes me think they think that she may still be alive and there is a possibility she may be allowed out in public?

Don't most abductors "part ways" with their victims within 24 hours or so? Wouldn't they keep a victim very well hidden?

What kind of kidnapper takes their victim out in public?

Just thinking out loud...

if it is the same person, he let #2 go...did he think she was dead and went on his way or did he just let her go? im eager to hear the rest of the story.

if he just let her go, then if he would happen to be the same perp in westminster then where would he just let jessica go at? its not far from the foothills and the "middle of nowhere" types of places that if she were on foot i dont know how long she could make it without finding help... or this time he thought she was dead and she really was, unlike katelynn...all moo, of course

When I read the description of the abductor in Wyoming, my first thought was that he'd be pretty easy to spot with white hair and a white goatee. But then I realized that if he shaved his head and face, he'd look quite different.

If the same person took Jessica, that is extremely scary! Taking two girls within such a short time makes me worry he'll keep on going until he's caught.

And because this man is an older person, I'm worried that he may have been at this for a long time. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Best Online Jewellery Mar