CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Canvas focusing on Jessica's neighborhood and some open areas.

Family poly's not part of investigation

Searching of water or open areas are to rule out the possibility.

Items have been found overnight, but not determined to belong to Jessica.

Kenny Holmes 7News ‏@KHOLMESlive
Police: 2 main focuses canvassing in and around #jessicaridgeway's home. Also, a search of some fields that they didn't get to yesterday.

Eric Lupher ‏@EricLupher7News
Westminster PD: Items possibly associated with #jessicaridgeway found overnight #findjessica

Re family poly's not going to discuss how they are dealing with or investigating people. Did state family is cooperating.

Says nothing specifically keeping them in the immediate area, just not leaving any stone unturned.

Eric Lupher ‏@EricLupher7News
Westminster PD: #jessicaridgeway family has been cooperating the whole time

Bringing on dogs again.

Two new pics and video to learn her mannerisms etc. so that she may be easier recognized if she is seen out and about.

Said something I didn't understand enough to type about the classification of abduction vs. running away. It did not make sense to me.

Disclaimer, non of my posts are verbatim.

The more they learn about Jessica, the better they may be able to narrow down that they feel she was abducted as opposed to running away.
This was basically what the spokesperson indicated during press conference.

The more they learn about Jessica, the better they may be able to narrow down that they feel she was abducted as opposed to running away.
This was what the spokesperson indicated during press conference.

Thank you. I have a pet peeve about LE classifying kids that young who have been gone this long as a runaway. I heard runaway, got befuddled and flustered and scrambled it all.

I wish he would not have said runaway at all. Sadly, hearing that people will quit wanting to be involved.

JC, I'm sorry, but Jessica is not a runaway. That possibility shouldn't even be an option. JMO of course. Now I'm angry. Stepping outside to have a smoke.

I would say LE has to consider every possibility. Let's not forget that they have much more information than we do. I'm sure they have talked to her friends and teachers....and gone over every small bit of information.
I don't believe Jessica ran away either...but they have to consider that perhaps she planned to run away and then met with foul play. Maybe she had been in an argument earlier with her mom over going to a friend's house...or going to a movie. We just don't know all the facts at this point and LE is holding a lot close to the vest in this case, as they often do.
What leads me to question all this is the fact that LE has mentioned she may not be wearing the clothes she left home in. Perhaps she carried extra clothes in that backpack, which might indicate a run-away situation at first glance. I know some have speculated about this already. I'm sure every possibility must be considered.....

You are right Shefner. But I've seen way too many cases where the runaway label was wrong and hurt the investigation in the long run. Amber Dubois, Kiplyn Davis, and so many others. Judges are hesitant to sign off on search warrants in cases of voluntary disappearances. Think of just that implication when looking for someone.

Like I said, the runaway label is a pet peeve of mine and I admit I am overly sensitive about it.

[I]KDVR FOX31 Denver ‏@KDVR
#JessicaRidgeway Police: Our focus is on abduction. We aren't treating this case as if this girl ran away. More updates http://bit.ly/SIvgCk
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite[/I]

KKTV 11 News ‏@kktv11news
Jessica Ridgeway has a gap between her two front teeth and a sore on the bridge of her nose, under where her glasses sit.

[I]KDVR FOX31 Denver ‏@KDVR
#JessicaRidgeway Police: Our focus is on abduction. We aren't treating this case as if this girl ran away. More updates http://bit.ly/SIvgCk
Collapse Reply Retweet Favorite[/I]

Thank goodness for this tweet! I didn't see this one out there. Thanks Nurse. Tough to remain neutral because we all feel certain this child was abducted. I pray Jessica is located today!

P.S. It'a almost like LE is speaking out of both sides of the mouth. These live press conferences are not putting across this idea that she was definitely abducted. They have been very indecisive in public about that. I wish they would just come out and say, "We have an abduction here. Let's find who did this!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thundercoyote