Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
God bless you TCG. Let us know about your book, I'd like very much to read
It! Thank you for sharing the results of your "research" which traumatized you so much but provides other parents with valuable insights into the minds of these sick, demented monsters. This should be a lesson to all parents. The monsters are waiting for that one second that you let your guard down. God help us!
---------------

Why can't the FBI or similar agencies equipped to do so stop it?

And, why is it I keep hearing from people in the general public that "you"-- meaning us and anyone concerned on sites such as websleuths should back off and leave the crime fighting to the professionals?

This is what keeps me up at night. We have always known that predators walk among us. But the dark web means they no longer have to exist in isolation. They now have their own alternate universe where social norms are turned on their head- where evil is seen as a virtue, and there are hundreds of like-minded people feeding off of each other, normalizing and encouraging their darkest thoughts and impulses. It's a social hierarchy built on one-upsmanship, with each new shocking image or story leading to demands for more. It's like a heroin addict always chasing that first high-and it takes more and more depravity to satisfy their urges. It is a zero-sum game-and our children are the game pieces.

Snipped for brevity.

Hats off to you, TreeClimbingGirl, for being so brave, in venturing into the deep, dark , terrifying web, full of evil and monsters.

We need the likes of Bill Gates and his entourage to get to the deep layers of wickedness involved, by the tech savvy criminals who hide being proxies and whatever else they do.

I, myself, stumbled upon something so horrifying and revolting, while sleuthing a case (not Jessica's), it gets so deep rooted in your brain, and you can't take it back, and you can make yourself SICK, worrying about all the existing and future victims.

We need special, strong, International forces, to round these sickos up.

Colorado already has done away with mandatory life sentences for juveniles. In 2006, the Colorado legislature opted to give judges more flexibility when sentencing juveniles and allows 40-year to life sentences for felony convictions. The cases affected by the new ruling were litigated before that law went into effect.

Mary Ellen Johnson, executive director of the Pendulum Foundation, an organization that advocates for age-appropriate sentences for juveniles, said Colorado is ahead of the curve in juvenile sentencing. It was the first state to get life-without-parole sentences rescinded and the first to establish a juvenile clemency board.

http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_20981799

A starting point for understanding that determinate Colorado statute(s) were in place prior to SCOTUS rulings on LWOP for minors under mandatory minimums.

Hopefully, responsible Colorado media outlets will be providing coherent information with regards to potential sentences for Sigg.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/25/supreme-court-no-more-life-without-parole-for-juveniles/

Supreme Court: No more life without parole for Juveniles

www.foxnews.com/.../supreme-court-no-more-life-without-parole-fo...Jun 25, 2012 – The Supreme Court says it's unconstitutional to sentence juveniles to life in prison without parole for murder. ... The 5-4 decision is in line with others the court has made, including ruling out the death penalty for juveniles and ...

For all the questions to him about "WHY".....I think we have our answer.

This selfish, sick, perverted person just simply wanted to get "joy" out of it.

These type of people give no value to human life, and have no remorse. It is important that we realize there are people out there like this. It took me a long time to really believe people can be this way, but the reality is they do exist.

It is called "evil". I've been lurking long enough the past 2 days and need to get this off my chest.

Evil is not "brilliant".The GED carrying, community college freshman, AS, is neither "bright" nor "brilliant". His behavior is pure evil. Even to call him a sociopath or psychopath, is missing the gravity and depravity of this individual.

The so called "dark web" does not provide vital information to evil doers. It is basic simple stuff, nothing ingenious about it. It is in its perversion, misanthropy, its violence and evil that it distinguishes itself, not in its originality nor genuis. Anyone can do evil. Anyone could do what AS did, what prevents us isn't even laws. What prevents us is our basic humanity, our goodness. But the deed itself is neither skill nor talent.

Give him "Life without glorification, without media attention"! Why do we provide the depraved with the opportunity to parade their hairstyles and personas, etc... in front of the cameras? Why do they get exactly what they seek,"credit for their evil", broadcast worldwide? So that they can be the inspiration for the next miscreant? Why will we give AS "a life" behind bars, in place of life behind bars?

OK - rant over. Aside to Foxfire - thanks for the link to "Beyond Good and Evil".
Would be reading it now if it were available for the Nook. But its on its way.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/344512/28/Ex-girlfriend-JessicaRidgeway-suspected-killer-was-sweet

"I knew he had a sword collection in his room or a knife collection or whatever. But it was his man cave. A lot of people collect stuff," Danni said.

A more recent encounter with Sigg left a very different impression on Danni.

Danni says she ran into Sigg twice on a trail near Standley Lake, and he stared at her in a way that made her extremely uncomfortable.

She says, both times, Sigg was with two friends.

"It just really freaked me out," Danni said. "When I saw them I just felt automatically like they were up to no good. It hit me. I almost fell over seeing his picture. It brought me back to seeing him here and it just being so close."

-------------

Just a question:

In some of the cases we are following that may be connected, there are 2 or more perps. One to drive, one or more to grab the victim, possibly?

Poor reporting by the writer of this article.

Danni, Sigg's ex-girlfriend, did not run into Sigg on the trail with his two friends.

However, another female identified and shown with her dog in the video did run into him twice with his friends according to the video at the link.

The bolded by me should NOT be attributed to his ex-GF, Danni.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=344512

Come on in and join us guests!!! It is so easy to become a member of WS!!!

:welcome2: :welcome5:

Did KDVR receive this information from a neighbor? I wonder if he was an inpatient and treated for more than an obsession with *advertiser censored*.

Psychiatric patients and their families are not always honest with their neighbors/coworkers about why their child had to be hospitalized. Few people tell their neighbors that their teen was hospitalized because he was having auditory and/or visual hallucinations, having homicidal thoughts, obsessing about a specific delusions, and etc.... The neighbors would be frightened and tell many other people. The parents don't readily share such info because their already ostracized teen would become even more of a pariah in his town. (In this case, having the neighbors watch him closely and contact the police if his bizarre behavior escalated might have prevented Austin from killing.) :(

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

They said Family member when I saw it. But that is the only source I have seen reporting it.

I get asked for directions all the time - why? Have no idea because I'm usually lost myself. But I can count on two hands how many times it happens per week. I have to believe most people are good and have positive intentions. If I don't, 'they' win. I won't let them rule my life or my view on people this way. I will never forget coming home one night quite late when my daughter was weeks old and there was no elevator at the train station. I HAD to always rely on someone to help me with the stroller- there was no other way. On this particular night, two tipsy guys with tie-dyed jeans and mile-high mohawks. And they were actually super nice. Look at all of us here, just wanting what is right. We can't let these sickos back us into a corner.

I get asked for directions all the time, too. Or money, depending on where in town I am. Around here, I just back up enough that I have a lot of space to react. I act completely pleasant and still enjoy my interactions with these strangers :) It's a 'just in case' thing.

I figure folks just think I'm weird about my personal space, lol. Works for me! They are strangers, after all, so they don't have to be right beside me if the sidewalk is large.

If I have to have help, I really do try to avoid the men and go with an old lady as my favorite choice. Sorry, guys, it's just statistics! I probably like you a lot; I just don't know that if I don't know you from Adam.

Colorado already has done away with mandatory life sentences for juveniles. In 2006, the Colorado legislature opted to give judges more flexibility when sentencing juveniles and allows 40-year to life sentences for felony convictions. The cases affected by the new ruling were litigated before that law went into effect.

Mary Ellen Johnson, executive director of the Pendulum Foundation, an organization that advocates for age-appropriate sentences for juveniles, said Colorado is ahead of the curve in juvenile sentencing. It was the first state to get life-without-parole sentences rescinded and the first to establish a juvenile clemency board.

http://www.denverpost.com/recommended/ci_20981799

A starting point for understanding that determinate Colorado statute(s) were in place prior to SCOTUS rulings on LWOP for minors under mandatory minimums.

Hopefully, responsible Colorado media outlets will be providing coherent information with regards to potential sentences for Sigg.

Wow. The states' treat 14-year-olds as adults in multiple areas. Your 14-year-old can refuse voluntary admission to a mental hospital, a 202 in my state. You have to get a 14-year-old's permission,/signature, even if you are their parent, to view their hospital record. (They can be 302'd if they fight a psychiatric admission and it is necessary.) In many states, young teens also receive birth control and Plan B in their high schools without being 18.

---------------

Why can't the FBI stop it?

Guess the best way to answer your question, is with a question, concentric.

"With 500 victims located along Interstates, why did it take til 2009(29 years)for the FBI to realize that there were possibly a many as 200 Trucker Serial Killers active since 1980"?

04/06/09 Today, we’re publicly announcing our Highway Serial Killings initiative to raise awareness among law enforcement agencies and the general public about this issue and our unique assistance on these cases.

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2009/april/highwayserial_040609

Twitter (2) Facebook (152) Share

Highway Serial Killings
New Initiative on an Emerging Trend

04/06/09

In 2004, an analyst from the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation detected a crime pattern: the bodies of murdered women were being dumped along the Interstate 40 corridor in Oklahoma, Texas, Arkansas, and Mississippi.

The analyst and a police colleague from the Grapevine, Texas Police Department referred these cases to our Violent Criminal Apprehension Program, or ViCAP, where our analysts looked at other records in our database to see if there were similar patterns of highway killings elsewhere.

Turns out there were. So we launched an extensive effort to support our state and local partners with open investigations into highway murders.

Today, we’re publicly announcing our Highway Serial Killings initiative to raise awareness among law enforcement agencies and the general public about this issue and our unique assistance on these cases.

First, some background. The victims in these cases are primarily women who are living high-risk, transient lifestyles, often involving substance abuse and prostitution. They’re frequently picked up at truck stops or service stations and sexually assaulted, murdered, and dumped along a highway.

The suspects are predominantly long-haul truck drivers. But the mobile nature of the offenders, the unsafe lifestyles of the victims, the significant distances and multiple jurisdictions involved, and the scarcity of witnesses or forensic evidence can make these cases tough to solve.

Enter ViCAP, part of our National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime and a national repository for violent crimes. The database—which contains information on homicides, sexual assaults, missing persons, and unidentified human remains—is available to law enforcement throughout the country over a secure Internet link on our Law Enforcement Online (LEO).

ViCAP analysts have created a national matrix of more than 500 murder victims from along or near highways, as well as a list of some 200 potential suspects. Names of suspects—contributed by law enforcement agencies—are examined by analysts who develop timelines using a variety of reliable sources of information.

(VICTIM MAP)
This map shows the more than 500 cases in our Highway Serial Killings Initiative database; the red dots mark where bodies or remains have been found along highways over the past 30 years.

Source: Suspect Told Police Jessica’s Murder Brought Him No Joy

October 25, 2012,

Excerpt: "According to a source, when Sigg confessed to kidnapping and killing the little girl, he told police he didn’t receive the joy from it that he thought he would, so he went further."

http://fox4kc.com/2012/10/25/source-suspect-told-police-jessicas-murder-brought-him-no-joy/

Too bad. I imagine that millions of people would receive great joy if AS were hogtied and strangled.....:furious:

Am I the only one who was chilled/freaked out/sickened by this:

"Sigg looked back at Jessica's family at least once during the proceedings. Jessica's family did not react to anything said in court Thursday."

http://www.9news.com/news/article/296031/71/DA-Overwhelming-evidence-against-Jessica-suspect

I'm usually a little slow to jump to conclusions based on someone's behavior in such a stressful situation, but AS certainly appears to be enjoying the attention he is receiving right now IMO. I get the feeling that AS is enjoying his participation in the legal process, and will be an absolute nightmare client for any attorney. JMO, but I think AS will have a hard time keeping his mouth shut.

It is called "evil". I've been lurking long enough the past 2 days and need to get this off my chest.

<snipped respectfully>

OK - rant over. Aside to Foxfire - thanks for the link to "Beyond Good and Evil".
Would be reading it now if it were available for the Nook. But its on its way.

This is an excellent book. I bought it about six years ago. It's sitting on my bookshelf about two feet away. Lol

Re: handheld devices and internet.

We were being good parents and manually turning off our internet router at 9pm when the kids went to bed ....

.... only to discover that they had their choice of various neighbors' wireless internets to log into.

*sigh*

You need only to walk up the street and can pirate onto anyone's wireless .. unless they have it password protected...

Nearly impossible to control...

Authorities also said at a court hearing Thursday for 17-year-old Austin Reed Sigg that they have "overwhelming" DNA evidence against the suspect, who kept his head bowed for much of his time in court and said very little.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...remains-found-victim-colorado-search/1656495/

The 17-year-old arrested in connection to the abduction, murder and dismemberment of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway made his first court appearance today, remaining calm as the judge announced that he will be tried as an adult.

<snip>

He was calm throughout the proceedings, interrupting the judge once to say he had not understood part of the hearing. It was explained to him by his court-appointed attorney.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jessica-ri...igg-calm-court/story?id=17558599#.UIl7OW_XZik

He kept his head bowed for much of the time and asked only one question during the hearing, which was for clarification on his rights as a defendant.

The judge told Sigg to consult with his attorneys for clarification, which he briefly did, then nodded to the judge to apparently indicate that he understood.

In arguing to deny bail to Sigg, Jefferson County Deputy District Attorney Hal Sargent said that investigators have obtained "a confession and DNA evidence."
"The evidence is overwhelming," he said.

A police custody report released on Wednesday said Sigg waived his right to counsel when investigators first spoke to him, in another indication he might have discussed the crimes.

During the hearing, Sigg made eye contact at one point with relatives of Ridgeway, who were in the courtroom wearing purple ribbons in the girl's memory.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...has-confessed-to-jessica-ridgeway-murder?lite

BBM - The fact that he is 17, and thus still a minor, I am not sure the confession would be admissible during trial. Any time I see a massage client under the age of 18, even when their parents have purchased a gift certificate for them, one of the parents must come with the client in person to sign for them on the intake sheet. I have a hard time understanding that he could legally waive his rights to counsel as he is a minor. This bothers me a lot that the confession could be thrown out on these grounds. :banghead: Someone correct me if I am understanding this incorrectly.

Danni, Sigg's ex-girlfriend, did not run into Sigg on the trail with his two friends.

However, another female identified and shown with her dog in the video did run into him twice with his friends according to the video at the link.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=344512

I caught that too, and was going to post this clarification as well. The video accompanying the article clearly shows the trail encounter with AS and his friends as a completely different woman.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/344512/28/Ex-girlfriend-JessicaRidgeway-suspected-killer-was-sweet

[per video Christy Mueller says she ran into Sigg twice on a trail near Standley Lake, and he stared at her in a way that made her extremely uncomfortable.
She says, both times, Sigg was with two friends.

"It just really freaked me out," she said. "When I saw them I just felt automatically like they were up to no good. It hit me. I almost fell over seeing his picture. It brought me back to seeing him here and it just being so close."]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thinking about what Christy said about the friends with him made me remember this article about an attempted abduction and A green SUV and an 8 yr old girl.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/22/8-year-old-girl-says-one-word-stopped-her-potential-kidnappers/?wref=tp

Because of publicity about what happened to Jessica Ridgeway, she was able to do what she needed to do when the two men in a green SUV approached her.

&#8220;We did have a witness that we talked to when we did a canvas who stated that she didn&#8217;t see anything today but in the past couple of weeks she has seen a green SUV in the neighborhood watching the bus stop,&#8221; says Aurora police spokeswoman Sgt. Cassidee Carlson. &#8220;So that is concerning to us.&#8221;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope that woman has given a description of the two men she saw him with in the park those two times to LE. I've always thought he wasn't always alone in this.

Also why in the world didn't some of those people call LE about that SUV watching the bus stop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited to supply correction on who saw Sigg in park...
Originally Posted by epiphany

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story...storyid=344512

Since the judge has sealed all the documents, when will the public be able to know all of this? So far it looks like a lot of leaks and speculation. I don't agree with any of this. I think there should be cameras in the courtroom, and that the public should be privy to all of the information that the police have once charges are filed. It's frustrating being kept in the dark and not knowing what is going on.

But that would taint the jury pool.. IF this does go to trial then WHERE will they find jurors in CO that don't have knowledge and opinion about this case? Under a rock?

I am very curious about the details too but I don't want him getting off an a technicality.

Did KDVR receive this information from a neighbor? I wonder if he was an inpatient and treated for more than an obsession with *advertiser censored*.

Psychiatric patients and their families are not always honest with their neighbors/coworkers about why their child had to be hospitalized. Few people tell their neighbors that their teen was hospitalized because he was having auditory and/or visual hallucinations, having homicidal thoughts, obsessing about a specific delusions, and etc.... The neighbors would be frightened and tell many other people. The parents don't readily share such info because their already ostracized teen would become even more of a pariah in his town. (In this case, having the neighbors watch him closely and contact the police if his bizarre behavior escalated might have prevented Austin from killing.) :(

Pensfan
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

well apparently he wasn't treated very effectively for the *advertiser censored* addiction, or for anything else. at least the family tried to get him help. too bad the counselor didn't see other warning flags, or wasn't able to do anything about them.
As soon as I heard he used to stare/leer at girls on the playground, I realized this was a sexually motivated crime. not solely sexual, but certainly part of it.

Regarding the *advertiser censored* addiction at age 15, I think that suggests a failure on behalf of the family to properly monitor what he was doing. It's quite likely that he accessed *advertiser censored* through the internet ... and it doesn't take much effort to have a look through computer history to see what's going on with the computer.

This isn't the first case I've heard of where a murderer was obsessed with *advertiser censored* prior to committing a bizarre murder.

But this kid was supposedly an expert with computers to the point of being a good hacker. That takes some skill. So he was never going to leave his 'history' on his computer for prying eyes and he had plenty of ways to cover his tracks.I doubt his parents were as skilled as he was with computers.

It is fairly easy to track a 12 yr old but 15 yr olds are quite cunning when it comes to technology. They have hidden accounts and they wipe the histories and clear the cookies and all kinds of stuff that the parents would not be able to
get past. Sometimes they even have an extra i-pad or cheap laptop their parents don't know about.

I am not ready to totally blame the parents because kids are pretty secretive and sneaky sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BexLuth0r