CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But that would taint the jury pool.. IF this does go to trial then WHERE will they find jurors in CO that don't have knowledge and opinion about this case? Under a rock?

Maybe they could try Superior when it comes to jury selection.

Maybe he'll receive 40 years for each charge of murder? 80 years?

Can I hope?

I'm still not clear on why there are two charges of 1st degree murder.

Quoting this link regarding arrest: "... told LE in great detail abt what happened to Jessica. He also told them that human remains were inside a crawl space under the home."

We don't know for sure that the "human remains" are JR's... am I right abt that?
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/24/austin-sigg-told-police-where-to-find-human-remains/

Some news stations have confirmed it is her remains, some have said LE has refused to confirm. But anyway it has been made very clear by the press conference announcing the arrest that the first three counts on which he is being held are related to JR case (two counts of first degree murder and one count kidnapping), and the fourth and fifth are related to the Ketner lake jogger. The last two are attempted murder and attempted abduction.

I don't have a link, but the news conference has been posted (maybe in last thread?)

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/344512/28/Ex-girlfriend-JessicaRidgeway-suspected-killer-was-sweet

[? says she ran into Sigg twice on a trail near Standley Lake, and he stared at her in a way that made her extremely uncomfortable.
She says, both times, Sigg was with two friends.

"It just really freaked me out," ? said. "When I saw them I just felt automatically like they were up to no good. It hit me. I almost fell over seeing his picture. It brought me back to seeing him here and it just being so close."]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thinking about what ? said about the friends made me remember this article about an attempted abduction and A green SUV and an 8 yr old girl.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/22/8-year-old-girl-says-one-word-stopped-her-potential-kidnappers/?wref=tp

Because of publicity about what happened to Jessica Ridgeway, she was able to do what she needed to do when the two men in a green SUV approached her.

“We did have a witness that we talked to when we did a canvas who stated that she didn’t see anything today but in the past couple of weeks she has seen a green SUV in the neighborhood watching the bus stop,” says Aurora police spokeswoman Sgt. Cassidee Carlson. “So that is concerning to us.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope that woman has given a description of the two men she saw him with in the park those two times to LE. I've always thought he wasn't always alone in this.

Also why in the world didn't some of those people call LE about that SUV watching the bus stop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited to supply correction on who saw Sigg in park...
Originally Posted by epiphany
Poor reporting by the writer of this article.

Danni, Sigg's ex-girlfriend, did not run into Sigg on the trail with his two friends.

However, another female identified and shown with her dog in the video did run into him twice with his friends according to the video at the link.

The bolded by me should NOT be attributed to his ex-GF, Danni.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/story...storyid=344512

hmmm, so he could have a couple of buddies in on it? who are still out there?

I don't remember what I had intended to post when I woke up this morning and I don't remember what I was going to post when I first started catching up on posts from last night. Eventually as more information comes out, I'd like to think some clarity will come. Though nothing will ever really be enough to understand WHY this monster did what he did. Instead with what's slowly coming out about AS, I'm getting more and more outraged. I know some people have expressed compassion for him, and have explained their feelings very well... I appreciate the capacity to have such broad perspectives not limited only to the obvious victims. For me personally I'm not capable of that in this case. The heinousness of this crime and how premeditated it was, how cold and detached AS is from his atrocious actions and complete disregard for this child's life... It's all anger. I felt very sad for the young man who was bullied and had a father who may not have been ideal. It's upsetting that he may have had untreated mental health issues, or problems with anger or self esteem. But the moment he turned all of that outward and made the conscious decision to violently attack the woman in May, failing, and the moment he snatched Jessica off the street ending her life in the most hideous way imagineable... each second he had her in his possession as he tortured that innocent child for whatever reason, whatever past, whatever neglect or pain HE may have suffered.... any sympathy I had for him was snuffed out just like Jessica's life was.

And now the next brutal phase begins for the Ridgeways. I imagine AS will take joy in taunting the family all over again, seeing LE and the judicial process make him the "star" of this show... I wonder if he realizes the pain he's caused his own family. I'd like to hear from a reporter who was in court if he looked at his mom and brother or reacted to them bawling their eyes out seeing him enter the courtroom shackled. My rational side knows the defense attorney has a job to do and the law only allows for certain punishments, but my stomach turns even hearing the defense ask for bond (clearly knew he wouldn't get this granted). That they will fight to get AS released as early as possible (or worse, off of the charges) is frightening. There are some good, moral defense attorneys and they all make the system go round but my goodness, in a case like this knowing that whoever represents this man will be advocating for him and his rights absolutely terrifies me. Whether they want him back out on the streets in 40 years or 5, I'm SO sick of the law protecting predators and endangering society after innocent victims are so callously slaughtered. And the most ironic, "good time" 2 for 1 or 3 for 1... "hey! you murdered victims and were sentenced to 90 years, but you didn't beat up any inmates and you mopped the floors real good, so we're gonna let you out after 30 years. Good luck and please don't kill anyone else!" Too many liberties for violent offenders. Why do "we" continue to allow this????

Vent. Rant. Over. For the moment.

But that would taint the jury pool.. IF this does go to trial then WHERE will they find jurors in CO that don't have knowledge and opinion about this case? Under a rock?

I am very curious about the details too but I don't want him getting off an a technicality.

I know people who don't know about it. My neighbor always waves her hand in dismissal when I ask her about a certain story and says "I don't pay attention to much news"

@TreeClimbingGirl, I had no idea that stuff was out there. I was unaware of the "dark web." I feel so disgusted now knowing all this but I thank you for your research and the info you have shared. I immediately purchased a toddler tracker online. I hope it gets here before Halloween because I am way too paranoid now lol

I'm still not clear on why there are two charges of 1st degree murder.

Quoting this link regarding arrest: "... told LE in great detail abt what happened to Jessica. He also told them that human remains were inside a crawl space under the home."

We don't know for sure that the "human remains" are JR's... am I right abt that?
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/24/austin-sigg-told-police-where-to-find-human-remains/

MSM is saying they are indeed her remains.

Colorado gives a count for the murder and a count for...somebody else said it in the last thread....organizing or intent to murder? I cannot remember now. Sheesh, it's MY state, too!

Since the judge has sealed all the documents, when will the public be able to know all of this? So far it looks like a lot of leaks and speculation. I don't agree with any of this. I think there should be cameras in the courtroom, and that the public should be privy to all of the information that the police have once charges are filed. It's frustrating being kept in the dark and not knowing what is going on.

I read it was on the trail on the way to school, but who knows if that's true.
if true, I'd think that meant past Chelsea Park, in the small open space area between the houses and school yard.

I'm kind of curious as whether AS' father and his "common law wife" have a 10 yr. old blond bespectacled daughter?

If you really want to get a surprise go here where I've done a search for attempted abductions. It's not all about Jessica. If you scroll down the first page you'll see where a 14 yr old boy was chased and caught by the perp but he fought enough to get away.

http://kdvr.com/?s=attempted+abduction&search_submit=

Omg! There's a kidnapping attempt in April from Lone Tree and the perps look like the perps described by the little 8 year old the other day.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/344512/28/Ex-girlfriend-JessicaRidgeway-suspected-killer-was-sweet

She says they first met at Warehouse: 180 in Arvada, which is a gathering place for Christian teens.

It may help explain the small wooden cross Westminster police call a vital clue.

"We went to church together. It wouldn't surprise me if he wore a cross. He always wore a necklace similar to the one in his mug shot," Danni said.
------------------------

Christ and the Cross = Love

However,

The killer of a child either:

a) masqueraded as a Christian

or

b) turned away from Christ at some point.

The murder and mutilation of a child is satanic and evil.

He made his own choices.

I know people who don't know about it. My neighbor always waves her hand in dismissal when I ask her about a certain story and says "I don't pay attention to much news"

Omg I'm sorry but really??!! At your neighbor and people like her. I don't have TV reception but I have a responsibility to not only myself but to my family. Willful ignorance is not only infuriating, it's dangerous. Willful ignorance contributes to horrible crimes such as this. The "I don't give a crap" mentality is just as bad as the crimes perpetrated IMO. Apathy is selfish and it only complicates the majority of problems. When are we going to learn?

If you really want to get a surprise go here where I've done a search for attempted abductions. It's not all about Jessica. If you scroll down the first page you'll see where a 14 yr old boy was chased and caught by the perp but he fought enough to get away.

http://kdvr.com/?s=attempted+abduction&search_submit=

all these abduction attempts make me think there is a big underground industry involving children that's very active in CO. (who is the guy who now identifes as a woman and is in or near Seattle looking for little girls to be part of his pedophile cult? Is s/he from CO?)

at least Jessica is safe on another dimension and not in the hands of a sexual predator for the long term.

hmmm, so he could have a couple of buddies in on it? who are still out there?

I'm beginning to suspect a ring of creeps who all know each other.

He alone may be responsible for Jessica but I truly think he was into something with others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member