CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He was on IMVU? This is the virtual sex world online game that Zahra Bakers stepmother was using during the time Zahra Baker was killed. This is a bad site.

:doh: Ummm some of our members here are very familiar with IMVU. Happened during Zahra's investigation, unfortunately. I think they will all agree that it's a bad site. :silenced:

It is called "evil". I've been lurking long enough the past 2 days and need to get this off my chest.

Evil is not "brilliant".The GED carrying, community college freshman, AS, is neither "bright" nor "brilliant". His behavior is pure evil. Even to call him a sociopath or psychopath, is missing the gravity and depravity of this individual.

The so called "dark web" does not provide vital information to evil doers. It is basic simple stuff, nothing ingenious about it. It is in its perversion, misanthropy, its violence and evil that it distinguishes itself, not in its originality nor genuis. Anyone can do evil. Anyone could do what AS did, what prevents us isn't even laws. What prevents us is our basic humanity, our goodness. But the deed itself is neither skill nor talent.

Give him "Life without glorification, without media attention"! Why do we provide the depraved with the opportunity to parade their hairstyles and personas, etc... in front of the cameras? Why do they get exactly what they seek,"credit for their evil", broadcast worldwide? So that they can be the inspiration for the next miscreant? Why will we give AS "a life" behind bars, in place of life behind bars?

OK - rant over. Aside to Foxfire - thanks for the link to "Beyond Good and Evil".
Would be reading it now if it were available for the Nook. But its on its way.

ITA. You really took the words out of my mouth, but cleaned 'em up nicer. I'm a believer in evil. Pure and simple evil. Not psychological - based, diagnosable, treatable evil or possessed-by-the-devil evil. No childhood trauma, no genius gone bad.... Just people who are cruel, angry, vicious, violent, sinister, beyond help and rehabilitation. No reason, no excuse, no love or treatment can help or remedy their evil.

ITA again with your assessment of the "dark web". It's not cracking some DaVinci Code or Stonehenge mystery. It's not brilliant or outstanding, but it's alarming because of the simplicity and nonchalance in its step-by-step guide to the most evil acts a mind could think of. That all of what they discuss is so normal and encouraged and *rewarded*, whereas no person in the realm of mental sanity could dream of doing these things, this sick subculture is not sophisticated...... JUST EVIL.

EVIL. EVIlL. EVIL. I think this ARS is getting too much credit, IMO. He's just.... (guess it...) ....evil.

Omg I'm sorry but really??!! At your neighbor and people like her. I don't have TV reception but I have a responsibility to not only myself but to my family. Willful ignorance is not only infuriating, it's dangerous. Willful ignorance contributes to horrible crimes such as this. The "I don't give a crap" mentality is just as bad as the crimes perpetrated IMO. Apathy is selfish and it only complicates the majority of problems. When are we going to learn?
---------

Thank you, you've said what I've wanted to say for some time now.

I looked even at the ones reported here that he's supposed to be on and I can't find him. Most likely he was on all the websites I listed. Ustream is rather popular but the grittier stuff went on with stickam. if you're not familiar with stickam, google it so you can see the dangers of it. I haven't been on there in at least 2 years when I hosted a chat there for fans but pedophiles that are in the teen range are very abundant on there.

:doh: Ummm some of our members here are very familiar with IMVU. Happened during Zahra's investigation, unfortunately. I think they will all agree that it's a bad site. :silenced:

Some is not the same as all or even several. I for one had never heard of it until this post, and still have yet to Google it.

It amazes me how many times I have googled some innocent word or innocent phrase, and I see a returned link to an obvious sexually related website.

I am convinced that some of those websites purposely put in "metatags" that are common so that when people search for the common word or phrase, it brings up their website. It is very difficult to protect people from these websites when the owners of the sites are purposely making people find them. The best we can do is to educate our kids to never click on them and take other steps to avoid those websites altogether.
Some applications exist to prevent the websites from being viewed, and those are good steps too.

You gotta turn SAFE SEARCH on!! :O

I actually used to belong to a free online mom forum and there was a HUGE scandal shortly after I joined in another "birth month" thread separate from mine. A woman in Ireland posed as someone else. Stole her photos of the whole family from the woman's photobucket account and made forum signatures and avatars with them, etc. gave them all different names but posed as the mom herself. When this was exposed a bunch of us went so far as to post "proof pics" of us with our kids and our names and the date the photo was taken. Then we made our board invite-only. It was so scary.

Did you ever figure out what her intentions were in pretending to be someone else?

What is wrong with it??

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IMVU"]IMVU - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Never heard of it before now.. but sounds kinda cool

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/25/supreme-court-no-more-life-without-parole-for-juveniles/

Supreme Court: No more life without parole for Juveniles

www.foxnews.com/.../supreme-court-no-more-life-without-parole-fo...Jun 25, 2012 – The Supreme Court says it's unconstitutional to sentence juveniles to life in prison without parole for murder. ... The 5-4 decision is in line with others the court has made, including ruling out the death penalty for juveniles and ...

I thought in Miller v Alabama, SCOTUS ruled that there can be no MANDATORY LWOP sentences but LWOP is still an option. For example, here in Louisiana a 1st Degree Murder conviction has 2 possible sentences: a true life without parole (offender spends the rest of his natural life in prison) or the death penalty. A juvenile facing 1st Degree Murder charge would have to have an additional option and no death penalty option because the sentence for the charge is a mandatory LWOP. The judge could still sentence the juvenile to LWOP, though.

My personal option on Miller v Alabama is that it should ONLY apply to Juvenile offenders being tried as juveniles. An offender on the cusp of majority like Austin being tried as an adult should be considered an adult throughout the entire judicial process, including sentencing.

WOW. Now there's a creepy thought! I don't know why his mom would link him, I think he was just on there. I think this guy was on a LOT of forums. Why he would be on there, I have no idea. But you know how sometimes things just pop up like "join my life" or whatever? Maybe that happened and he joined, maybe he was into little kids and people on that website (at least when I was on there pregnant and venting) do share photos of their kids.

I'm reaching of course but that's really an odd forum for a boy to take interest in. He may have been pretending to be an expectant mother. I think he pretended to be a lot of things online, it allowed him freedom from what he felt he was confined to.

I don't know when he made his account, but cafemom, babycenter etc.. all have threads about Jessica

I don't know when he made his account, but cafemom, babycenter etc.. all have threads about Jessica

Ah, good point. Maybe he logged on to follow what people were saying about him. . .

<SNIP>

I hope Sigg is convicted of every charge they can stick to him If he jaywalked while dumping her body, charge him with that. Charge him with littering, desecration of a corpse, anything and everything and sentence him to the max for each charge, then have the sentences run concurrently.

This pyschopath needs to not see the light of day again. EVER.
BBM

I know this post is pretty old already, but I just finally got caught up here. It's not really important, but I just wanted to make a small correction. Having sentences running concurrently means they're all done at the same time. The most time you could spend locked up would be the amount of the longest sentence. If they're served consecutively, they're served one at a time. If you were sentenced to 30 years for one, 20 for another, 10 for another, 5 for 3 of them, you could be locked up for 75 years.

For anyone who wants to learn about the character on AS's myspace profile, here is the wikipedia link[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ichigo_Kurosaki"]Ichigo Kurosaki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Did you ever figure out what her intentions were in pretending to be someone else?

No. We think she just wanted to "role play" but of course it set everyone on high alert. This poor woman was terrified that this other woman was gonna come across the pond and steal her children or even go full SWF on her somehow and I don't blame her.

We petitioned photobucket to remove the fraudulent woman's account because she had her own account with this woman's photos but they didn't do anything about it...so we all boycotted photobucket.

ETA: Forgot that this person was pretending to be from Ireland but the ISP address actually placed them in the Netherlands. Which was even creepier.

From your link:

Meaghan Barker said Sigg did a project exploring how bodies decompose. He used skinned rats and placed them in several different environments, including freezing temperatures, covered in dirt and out in the open.

:cry: I know, I know, I know the benefits of animal research. I do animal research. I doubt that they were skinned alive. But still, :cry:.

What is wrong with it??

IMVU - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Never heard of it before now.. but sounds kinda cool

IMVU - (OFF TOPIC WARNING)
You weren't down in the basement with us Peeples? That was LITERALLY a roller-coaster ride! We all had avatar's with names different than our user names here... because we are websleuthers, and did not want any of the people we were looking for in IMVU that might have been associated with the Zahara Baker case to find us!! I remember riding roller coasters at the beach, riding on boats, etc. with my fellow Websleuthers, and honestly, it was one of the funniest things I have ever read in my life as we tried to figure out how to move around the room, change our clothes, and get the right size head for our bodies! I have NEVER laughed so hard. IMVU seemed to be like everything else on the internet, or in real life - you could do positive things, or you could do horrible things there. I tried to talk to a girl who was sitting on a bloody bed with dismembered parts all around us in one of the "gore" rooms. She and I were the only ones in there. She wouldn't talk to me, so I finally got up the nerve to go sit on the blood-soaked bed beside her, but I did something wrong, and laid down behind her instead of sitting beside her. She looked at me, and then went poof - she never said anything, but the way she went poof, it was obvious that she thought I was annoying and an idiot. :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh: I did it for about a month after we stopped, and then I got bored with it... it sucked up too much of my Websleuth time, and it just wasn't fun without other Websleuthers down there.

You gotta turn SAFE SEARCH on!! :O

Thanks. Good suggestion. Since I have no kids in the house and none ever visit, I use the simple method of just not clicking on any suspicious links that show up in a google search. But I would definitely take much more extreme steps if I had kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand