CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Showing up in court with a hair style, interrupting the judge to ask questions, looking (eye contact) with the family members of his poor victim, etc. -- That's not a good sign IMO. Agree with posters who think he's relishing his role and the attention. Sick sick sick.

• I too am having trouble with the confession as reported: Perp was in his car, saw Jessica, passed her, no mention of where exactly this happened, turned his vehicle around [note that the 'passed, then reversed direction back toward victim for the snatch' is the m.o. he allegedly used ON FOOT when pursuing the Ketner jogger], immediately got her into his vehicle, quickly strangled and hogtied her (which came first? Geez), then ... then what? No joy, so he "went further" or some such? No, not buying that sequence of events.

• As to whether AS targeted Jessica or knew of her, I don't recall [and don't intend to sleuth!] the age of the older friend or cousin she was supposed to walk with that day. Thinking of AS's younger brother who is said to be 14, whom AS would reportedly take to school. Guess we are talking different age range and different schools, though. Just a thought.

• People have mentioned the many cats in/around perp's home, and interactions he's had with at least one neighbor regarding the cats. I'm recalling several mentions early on when Jessica was first reported missing, that she loved cats very much, and would help to care for a neighbor's cats... something like that. Remember? We've heard of puppies, real or imaginary, being used to lure victims. It's a stretch, but what about a cat or kitten? You never know.

• Re the dad's home in Parker: Well, have you seen images of it? Respectfully, it's more than just a nice home in a gated community. It's more like a windswept hilltop castle or a celebrity compound. Multiple out-buildings, about 15 vehicles on the property, etc. JMO I hope it is true that it's being searched, too.
  • Re Minecraft and IMVU being harmless games: Yes, definitely so, for most users. But just as the Internet has a shocking dark side, so do these online games. All it takes is a Google search, seriously. Blood and gore for one and all if you know where to look. Ugh.

BBM:

http://blogs.westword.com/latestwor...igg_robert_sigg_media_empire_law_troubles.php

The link talks about the father and this:

"Right now, the station says Sigg is in Mexico -- and his beautiful Parker home is being searched by authorities hoping to find any other information that could lead to the conviction of his seventeen-year-old son for incredibly shocking acts."

Okay, lol apparently I've lost my mind again. It's fine, it's not the first time. However, in that same video, I see what looks like 2 sheds in AS's backyard. Not sure, they may be the neighbors...

I have to keep reminding myself we are talking about an adorable little girl that this monster destroyed with his evil. I just went and looked at her picture for a long time....there is no way we will ever no why, there is no why, there is no explanation, I do not care what has happened to him in his life prior to this...there is no excuse he is a depraved,evil monster that should NEVER again see the light of day...but he will and that might be the most evil part of all. Oh sweet Jessica I cannot believe what he did to you. I am so sorry you had to ever meet with this much evil! Rest sweet girl...<3

I hate to see her picture placed right next to his, on some of the news sites. To be quite honest, I'm sick of seeing his picture. That poor child. To think that this monster is the last thing she saw, before she died.

Dr. Know, were there any indicators that the twitter account belongs to the suspect?

There is a minor named Austin S######## and he is a student in another state. TIA!

I found a couple others by that name so I deleted my post. It was active but now it gives an error message but better safe than sorry.

Thanks for taking the time to look Dr. Know. I don't have a twitter account and my kids are at school or work in order for me to ask them about it :)

First time I got to post..--

Rest in peace sweet child..

I'm so sorry for this loss.

I'm so tired of children killing children..monsters killing children....

I can't even begin to address what has happened lately. These monsters
stole these two children's lives.
Justice for Jessica.

Prayers and thoughts go out to Jessica and her family. Weeping openly
for the loss.

Goz

Kempur has an hour long interview on Youtube and it's very interesting. If I remember correctly he did it just to do it. He didn't have any anger or anything against the victims. It was just if there was an opportunity to do it he would. Eventually after he killed his mother and one person who knew he was at his mothers house he just stopped and turned himself in. No remorse for doing it, no joy in doing it it was just like breathing to him but you have to think that deep down it had to do with his mother as they had a horrible relationship and once he finally killed her he just didn't have the desire/need to do it anymore.

I remember crying readin his story in one of John Douglas' books. My dad had a very similar unpleasant upbringing, even including being made to sleep in the basement. When I read that Kemper's mom made him sleep in the basement, it shook me and I tears just started coming.

I never was able to tell what was there and still can't. So maybe no?

I noticed that whatever is there, it is on the road side of the fence, above the culvert. All the other photos I have seen show people working/objects on the other side of the fence and right near the opening below the culvert. I can't see anything in that area in this photo (I took a screenshot). I am more confused than ever. I also can't distinguish anything.

Regarding the Deep Web, aka TOR (The Onion Router): I had never heard of this before the Luka Magnotta case. I learned a bit about it then, and here is what I remember. Please correct me if I am wrong on anything, I really would like to understand it better. When you search 'the web', or what we consider 'the internet', it is like casting a net out over the ocean. When you google something, the browser uses google to track back over the 'rope' (links) of the web to find the information. Google, and other search engines, 'crawl' the entire web constantly, and that is how they know where to go back to when you search something. Now, imagine the water of the ocean underneath that web which is floating on top.... THAT is the Deep Web. There is SO much more information down there, but it is not connected together via 'rope' (links) like the web is connected. It is designed to be untraceable. I believe it was started and is still supported by various research and academic institutions as well as most governments of the world, because it guarantees freedom and privacy of information. I really don't understand how this happens. I 'get' the concept of the web on top... that makes sense to me. I guess maybe, if I had a barrel full of information, and I dropped it off in the deep web, you could stumble on it if you were swimming near by, but you would not necessarily ever be able to find it again because of the currents. If I dropped that barrell off, however, I would need a way to go back and find it - otherwise it is useless. As the 'owner' of the barrel, I guess I must have some sort of "GPS" system to track it. If you wanted to see the information in my barrel, I may, or may not, give you the GPS coordinates to find it. Sorry.... that is the best I can do for explaining the concept of why it really can't be tracked by the FBI - pedophiles, criminals, and murderers won't share their GPS locations.

Kempur has an hour long interview on Youtube and it's very interesting. If I remember correctly he did it just to do it. He didn't have any anger or anything against the victims. It was just if there was an opportunity to do it he would. Eventually after he killed his mother and one person who knew he was at his mothers house he just stopped and turned himself in. No remorse for doing it, no joy in doing it it was just like breathing to him but you have to think that deep down it had to do with his mother as they had a horrible relationship and once he finally killed her he just didn't have the desire/need to do it anymore.

Like I said Evil has no why....it just is and Lord, help the one who has to come face to face with it....like Jessica did!

I don't know when he made his account, but cafemom, babycenter etc.. all have threads about Jessica

I see absolutely no evidence that he has an account at cafemom. (This is not directed at your reponse peeples).

I wish people wouldn't post stuff like this with NOTHING to support it. JMO

Repeat of question, is there any film footage in the courtroom today. I looked in the Denver Post and say nothing.

I was thinking about something like that. I was thinking about the thrill that a serial killer must experience plotting and planning, being clever, keeping secrets, evading experts. And I thought, what if someone could do those same things, but for achieving good? Could you get the same kind of thrill?

I remember hearing a sermon once about being just as clever for God as people are for selfish and criminal reasons. The minister recounted cases where people had gone to great lengths to commit fraud, for example, and tried to inspire the listeners to use that kind of ingenuity to do good in the world.

There is a book (that was made into a movie) called "Magnificent Obsession". It was about this kind of thing--secretly helping people in a huge way. It is kind of the converse of the murderers and frauds who secretly hurt people massively.

Several times I tried something like this in my own life. I heard about people who were in need and secretly mailed them either a money order or cash. I did get a thrill from knowing that I was helping in a totally anonymous way.

I think it could be elaborated on and made more "clever" than just sending someone money. Like the "random acts of kindness" thing, but taken to an ever greater magnitude.

CS Lewis wrote that evil could never be purely bad because it needed merits (like motivation, cleverness, etc.) in order to carry out its plans, so it always incorporated some degree of good. Another way of looking at it is that there are neutral tools a person has and its a matter of how s/he chooses to use those tools. A hammer can be used to build something useful, or to destroy and even kill. Intelligence, stealth, physical skill, scientific knowledge, etc. are all tools that can be used to make the world a better place, make people happier and healthier, or can be used for selfish reasons or to commit evil and hurt others.

JMO

Therapy time ~ Back in the 70's when I was 15, I got my first job in a women's clothing store.
The store was in a covered Mall that served several communities. It was a small independently owned store.
My coworker, who had been working there already for some time, was two years older than me.
So when I was a sophomore, she was a senior in hs.
She was the homecoming queen, prom queen, cheerleader and a good student at another school in the same district as my hs. We didn't know one another apart from the store.
One day she asked me if I'd ever taken anything from the store. I replied 'no'. She asked me 'why not?'.
Then she taught me how to take a little top in to the changing room and demonstrated how easy it is to tuck the top into the waistband of the clothing you were wearing. So I ended up walking out of the store that night with the top without paying for it. :waitasec: I knew that it was wrong to steal but she somehow had convinced me that I deserved the top if I wanted it. :waitasec:
If I had really wanted it, I could have paid for it and received a small discount as well. :waitasec:

Another time, she told me about the box of *advertiser censored* magazines the son of the owner (he was hardly ever there) kept on the shelf above the toilet in the employee only restroom. Since I was an employee, I had been in there many times and never thought to open any box or snoop into the few things that were in that little grungy room. Of course, after she told me about the contents of the box, I couldn't resist looking when I went in there.
These were not Playboy if you know what I mean. Obviously, it didn't bother the mother that her son kept his *advertiser censored* stash there even though young girls worked in the store. :waitasec:

Although I bit the bullets that the cheerleading, prom queen, upper class student hit me with, none of them stuck and I never became a perpetual shoplifter or desired anything *advertiser censored*.
It took me a long time to figure out what a bad 'guy' the coworker was though.
Years later it dawned on me that, after she set me up, she ran to the boss to tell her what I did leaving out the part that she gave the initial lesson. If it was allowed, I'd publish her name here - lol!

Anyway, one piece of advice she gave, that I never followed, concerned the method of birth control she used. She told me that after she had sex with her bf, she would stand up and jump up and down. :floorlaugh: Maybe I had grown a little by then because I remember telling her, 'be careful, I don't think that works'.

The moral to my story is that evil can be very subtle and usually acts to serve itself in some way. When the evil seed is there, it attempts to spread and take hold in new places. And evil does it's best to hide.

I checked out the house ... people, it's not a castle. It's a mcMansion, barely, not a castle. Four bedrooms. Less than 5,000 sq ft, less than a million bucks, by quite a bit. It's on acreage, out in the sticks. Obviously a very nice setup, but he probably didn't pay much more than $600K for it. Which is a lot of money, sure, but not unusual at all.

Regarding the Deep Web, aka TOR (The Onion Router): I had never heard of this before the Luka Magnotta case. I learned a bit about it then, and here is what I remember. Please correct me if I am wrong on anything, I really would like to understand it better. When you search 'the web', or what we consider 'the internet', it is like casting a net out over the ocean. When you google something, the browser uses google to track back over the 'rope' (links) of the web to find the information. Google, and other search engines, 'crawl' the entire web constantly, and that is how they know where to go back to when you search something. Now, imagine the water of the ocean underneath that web which is floating on top.... THAT is the Deep Web. There is SO much more information down there, but it is not connected together via 'rope' (links) like the web is connected. It is designed to be untraceable. I believe it was started and is still supported by various research and academic institutions as well as most governments of the world, because it guarantees freedom and privacy of information. I really don't understand how this happens. I 'get' the concept of the web on top... that makes sense to me. I guess maybe, if I had a barrel full of information, and I dropped it off in the deep web, you could stumble on it if you were swimming near by, but you would not necessarily ever be able to find it again because of the currents. If I dropped that barrell off, however, I would need a way to go back and find it - otherwise it is useless. As the 'owner' of the barrel, I guess I must have some sort of "GPS" system to track it. If you wanted to see the information in my barrel, I may, or may not, give you the GPS coordinates to find it. Sorry.... that is the best I can do for explaining the concept of why it really can't be tracked by the FBI - pedophiles, criminals, and murderers won't share their GPS locations.

I suspect that some of those sites may be maintained overseas which may make it even more difficult for FBI to try to stop them. But I do think all nations could work together to put a stop to it and arrest people.
It is scary to even know something like this exists.

I checked out the house ... people, it's not a castle. It's a mcMansion, barely, not a castle. Four bedrooms. Less than 5,000 sq ft, less than a million bucks, by quite a bit. It's on acreage, out in the sticks. Obviously a very nice setup, but he probably didn't pay much more than $600K for it. Which is a lot of money, sure, but not unusual at all.

LOL! you beat me to it! I just studied the photo and immediatley knew it was a McMansion!

Thank you for that. I understand.... I think. Enough at least. I probably don't want to understand unless I can conduct an at home UC sting myself and pass it directly onto the FBI director. Rather unlikely!

Otherwise what I take from your post is - Stay out of the deep end, wear a lifejacket and/or just sit on the sand in a beach chair sipping a cold beverage!:cooler:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3