CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was laying down with my little guy tonight and my heart broke knowing there are TWO families who will never be able to cuddle or snuggle their children like that again- granted one was probably way past the snuggling stage- but I know you all know what I mean.

Makes me so sad for both families.

I was literally praying over my children last night that they would never be responsible for the death of another. My heart aches for over the possibility of an unknown future.

That part was bizarre ... he was asking if he could go home until there was a trial ... somehow, his CSI games didn't prepare him for the reality of "culpability=jail".

asking for bail is SOP for a client with no criminal history by defense. Nobody, not the defense attorney, or AS expected that to happen. Had the attorney not tried at least he would have been derelict in his duty to his client. :cow:

The blood in a large artery or vein that is severed will flow with the pull of gravity in a deceased person. (Example: a garden hose on a hillside will drain with the pull of gravity.) Smaller arteries and veins will more quickly clot (even in a deceased person).

But, only what is in the vein/artery. I was just thinking about the area and the amount of blood. Sorry, not a pleasant thought this time of night.

Found it ... it's at the bottom of the list:

"Public defenders argued that Sigg should be released on bond, saying he has no criminal history and is a low flight risk. But Chief Deputy Deputy District Hal Sargent said Sigg poses a threat to the community and cited "overwhelming evidence" against the teen, including a DNA match and his confession. The judge ordered Sigg held without bond.<snipped for space>
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-murder-austin-sigg-appears-in-court-thursday

BBM and apologies if this has already been discussed. WHAT?! A low flight risk? IIRC his father has a house in Mexico or at least frequently does business there? I'm not saying anything negative about the father, I'm just saying how many people would even have other countries that were somewhat familiar to flee to? IMO, I would guess not that many especially at 17. It seems to me like he has a lot more places to possibly flee than your average teenager.

My understanding is that investigators did a house to house neighborhood search. During that search they looked in his mother's house, where he lives, took a DNA sample from him, and carried on. They did not smell, or see, human remains in the house.

He is a Minor.I don't buy what the media is Selling about his DNA.

The blood in a large artery or vein that is severed will flow with the pull of gravity in a deceased person. (Example: a garden hose on a hillside will drain with the pull of gravity.) Smaller arteries and veins will more quickly clot (even in a deceased person).

Jessica may have bled to death, and she may have been strangled ... chances are that this CSI buff strangled her first to reduce the amount of blood evidencce.

Austin referred to a "crawl space". This is typically a space under the home where there is a perma frost 4' below grade basement. The house may have had a basement, but it may only been half as wide as the floor plan ... maybe furnace, hot water, electrical, and crawl space ... concrete ... but only 4 feet in height.

He is only 5'6 right? He probably spent a lot of time in the crawl space. Rat like. jmo

Jessica may have bled to death, and she may have been strangled ... chances are that this CSI buff strangled her first to reduce the amount of blood evidencce.

That was the point I was trying to make in my earlier post. I do believe this. jmo

:floorlaugh: I didn't see your post, made the very same joke, though. Glad I'm not the only sicko ..

Sigh, okay, a I suppose I earned that.

Alas, for want of a word that word being NOW adult son

:rolleyes:

What you quoted says it is consistent with sexual assault, not that it is sexual assault.

I am not sure what the law is in Colorado.

In a recent 2012 verdict in Ontario, Canada, the remains of 8 year old schoolgirl Victoria Stafford were too decomposed to determine sexual assault on the child.

In his charge to the Jury, Judge Heeney had this to say (again, Canadian law)

The 12-member jury asked Justice Thomas Heeney whether removing a child's underclothing over the course of an unlawful confinement constitutes sexual assault and asked later whether doing so would constitute sexual assault causing bodily harm.

In response to the second question, the judge laid out the three requirements for sexual assault causing bodily harm explaining that it involves an intentional force, which could include removing a child's clothes, the force was of a sexual nature and that it caused bodily harm.

Heeney explained that jurors could find Rafferty guilty of sexual assault if only the first two conditions were met.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/05/11/tori-stafford-jury-question.html

What was the order of the despicable acts he committed on Jessica? I thought he strangled her right away and then he hogtied her after but while still in his vehicle. If this is so, why did he hogtie her? What was the point? Hogtie a dead girl? Was he into bondage fetish stuff on the internet? If so, then he is on the deep web, IMO. He has to be there.

So he kills and hogties her to get his kicks but that's not enough so he dismembers her. I call BS. He had every intention of defiling her body that day. Is he so brilliant that he could find a place to leave Jessica's body for awhile and then return to cut her up? It seems to me LE doesn't know where he dismembered her. Why is he not revealing that info to police? If they don't know yet, then he is not pleading guilty IMO. Where did this guy hang out? I'm not going to be shocked to find out that this guy hangs out in graveyards and he may have even stolen pieces of people's bodies from the cemetery. JMO

OMG.....sick sick sick individual....................

Kind of O/T but thank all of you who answer my questions... I'm sure learning a lot! I may not have known jessica, but I prayed for her a lot. And she has touched my soul, I'm already a good mom, but this has made me a better mom. I share some similarities with her mother and my heart aches for her. I hope someday she can find some peace. Sorry, just had to put it out there!

Saw the preview for ch 7 news (thedenverchannel.com) they said they have info why LE from another city wants to talk to AS...any news posted about this?

:floorlaugh:third round of stash:floorlaugh:
PS a cellar is like a basement but only a foot or so high. You can crawl in it to access water pipes, etc, but cannot stand up in there or store much.

I would consider a cellar to be different than a crawl space, based on where I grew up (OK). Cellars might be separate from the house. They would have an entrance and concrete steps down to a non-finished, single, concrete room that was pretty small. It would typically be a place to go during a tornado.

Sometimes entrances to cellars would be found inside a house. My grandmother had a basement *and* a room she called "the cellar". It was windowless (her other basement rooms had windows), very small, and was better protection than the rest of the basement during a tornado. She also kept 'root vegetables' down there through the winter - potatoes, carrots, turnips, etc.

Crawl spaces are areas where - as you said - you can access plumbing underneath a house that is not built on a concrete slab. We have a crawl space underneath our laundry room. It's probably about 2" - 3" high. We have a basement that goes underneath most of our house, and it's about 3/4 finished. The unfinished room has a lot of exposed plumbing. When the previous owners put on an addition, they didn't dig additional basement - they just made sure that there was a crawl space you could enter from the original basement so you could get to the new plumbing underneath the laundry.

Basements, to me, are like cellars, but larger, and are likely to have windows.

Saw the preview for ch 7 news (thedenverchannel.com) they said they have info why LE from another city wants to talk to AS...any news posted about this?

Not that I have heard of, but definitely just added channel 7 news to my DVR listing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member