CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry.....still learning how to link. It's on KDVR. Reporter said a family member had verified he had been treated for a *advertiser censored* addiction at 15. And also that family had left country to Virgin Islands after Ketner attempt. If MODS want to remove my post until it can be verified and linked, that's fine. I'll learn how someday....

Here's the link:

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/exclusiv...-treated-for-*advertiser censored*-addiction/

Senior investigative reporter Josh Bernstein confirmed that the teenager had been treated for an addiction to *advertiser censored*.

Bernstein reports family members say he was just 15 years old and his addiction was so strong that it required counseling.

Charges in DIstrict Court will be on Tuesday. Today was something re. Juvenile Court. No charges pressed today this will be Tuesday. His attorney referred to him as a juvenile.
His family was there as well as Jessica's. His family was bawling.

This whole thing is so heartbreaking!

do you have a link to this info?

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/exclusiv...-treated-for-*advertiser censored*-addiction/

"Senior investigative reporter Josh Bernstein confirmed that the teenager had been treated for an addiction to *advertiser censored*.
Bernstein reports family members say he was just 15 years old and his addiction was so strong that it required counseling."

Sorry.....still learning how to link. It's on KDVR. Reporter said a family member had verified he had been treated for a *advertiser censored* addiction at 15. And also that family had left country to Virgin Islands after Ketner attempt. If MODS want to remove my post until it can be verified and linked, that's fine. I'll learn how someday....

Here you go ...

"Senior investigative reporter Josh Bernstein confirmed that the teenager had been treated for an addiction to *advertiser censored*.

Bernstein reports family members say he was just 15 years old and his addiction was so strong that it required counseling.

After the Ketner Lake incident, Sigg and his family went on vacation in the U.S. Virgin Islands. They stayed at a luxury resort.

Law enforcement officials in the Virgin Islands were very concerned to learn Sigg had stayed in their area. They asked Fox31 Denver to provide as much information as possible. We gave them a copy of Austin Sigg’s mug shot and a copy of his custody report."

Jefferson County District Attorney: Overwhelming evidence against Austin Reed Sigg - suspect in the Jessica Ridgeway case in Westminster

9:05 AM, Oct 25, 2012

Excerpt: "Multiple members of Jessica's family appeared in court wearing Jessica's favorite color - purple. Sigg's family was also present in the courtroom Thursday. As soon as Sigg was brought into the courtroom - sporting a goatee and a mohawk - one of his family members started to sob.

This was Sigg's first appearance in court. His public defenders kept referring to him as a "child" during the court proceedings. The judge did not read Sigg his charges, but he did explain his rights. Sigg asked questions in regards to his legal rights, which the judge allowed Sigg's attorneys to explain to him."

Read more:
http://www.9news.com/rss/article/29...ect?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

georgiagirl, my daughter just turned 28 and lives in Westminster. The feeling you have will never go away and I have been a wreck. As a mother I never stop worrying. Someone always has a story.
Example: while they have been looking for this monster.

My daughter last week is walking her little defenseless dog. She sees a very old man up ahead with two little collie type dogs and he has the kind of crutches that wrap around your wrist. He sees her coming and all she can think of is Ted Bundy. All the poor old man wanted to know was if he went a certain way if it would bring him to a small bridge and he could get access back into the neighborhood. She answered him from a distance. He thanked her profusely and went on his way. Normally she would not have thought anything of it as she is very friendly.
This is what our society has become. Something like that hitting so close really opened her eyes. You just never know. And to find out it is a 17 year old kid.

But as a mother I never stop worrying, never.

I get asked for directions all the time - why? Have no idea because I'm usually lost myself. But I can count on two hands how many times it happens per week. I have to believe most people are good and have positive intentions. If I don't, 'they' win. I won't let them rule my life or my view on people this way. I will never forget coming home one night quite late when my daughter was weeks old and there was no elevator at the train station. I HAD to always rely on someone to help me with the stroller- there was no other way. On this particular night, two tipsy guys with tie-dyed jeans and mile-high mohawks. And they were actually super nice. Look at all of us here, just wanting what is right. We can't let these sickos back us into a corner.

notice photo #14, the jeep is perfectly clean on the outside, not a speck of dirt on it, just like we all figured...wonder if it was always this way, or just after the crime?

It will be interesting to find out what the inside is like.

Maybe there's a shed in the backyard.

I mentioned a couple of threads ago (they were really moving fast yesterday) that the helicopter video yesterday looked like there was a covered swimming pool in the back yard. It is hard to see from the google maps view though. A large, empty, covered space seems like it may have been an ideal spot to do his dirty work.

Ugh. makes me sick to think of what he did to that beautiful child. :(

Here you go - I googled it for you (R/BBM):

Exclusive: Ridgeway murder suspect Austin Sigg treated for *advertiser censored* addiction

.....Senior investigative reporter Josh Bernstein confirmed that the teenager had been treated for an addiction to *advertiser censored*.

Additionally, we learned he left the mainland of the United States shortly after an alleged attempted abduction at Ketner Lake on Memorial Day Weekend........

I saw the police are still looking for tips. Do they think he may be involved in more than the ketner lake incident and JR? I am guessing yes, but there seems to be something more. Any thoughts?

That's the question of the day..... I'm no where near caught up with this thread, but the thought occured to me, with this kids obsession with death and decomp why take the fork in the road towards murder as opposed to something along the lines of an internship or job at the body farm?

Exactly! Think of all the good he could have done with that level of motivation, if the deviant part weren't there.

Another thing that bothers me is why did LE wait so long to provide the info to the public about the "cross".

IMO
It just bothers me that it seems almost like LE wants to be the one to capture perp(s) on their own without the public's help. It seems to me that only when they are in desparate need of public help, that they ask the public for help.
It is bothersome because he could have done someone else harm in the meantime.
If it is "EGO" based, I am very upset about that because they should involve the public as soon as possible and we are always glad to help LE in any way we can.

I see no purpose in waiting so long to provide this info about the cross to the public, and can only assume that witholding the info was ego based. This is the type of thing that makes me feel LE still has the "us against them" attitude.

I am really upset about this, and can only imagine how many other cases would be solved if LE would provide more critical info they are keeping secret in other cases.

Why would parents of young girls even allow him to play hide and seek with a mature 17 year old
And mom knew he had problems yet allowed him to collect swords and knives?

Maybe there's a shed in the backyard.

My puter is acting really crazy since arrest news broke yesterday. It takes forever for pages to open, etc. so I'm limited in being able to read prev pages here or go to sites w/photos, etc.

Question: has any mention been made of (or photo shown of) a small camper at AS's home??? TIA

I wonder if he did something at the father's house in Parker because LE is searching there as well.

How far is Parker from where Austin lived?

I have a feeling he is going to plead not guilty and make this go to trial. He can't get the death penalty and he can't get life without parole, but he is looking at 40 years minimum behind bars before he can come up for parole…If I understood right.

notice photo #14, the jeep is perfectly clean on the outside, not a speck of dirt on it, just like we all figured...wonder if it was always this way, or just after the crime?

It will be interesting to find out what the inside is like.

Yesterday when the helicoptor was doing the view before the jeep was taking away (2) CSI people were at the very front left side getting something off the front grill or underneath and bagging it.

I have a feeling he is going to plead not guilty and make this go to trial. He can't get the death penalty and he can't get life without parole, but he is looking at 40 years minimum behind bars before he can come up for parole…If I understood right.

He can get life without parole, he just can't get mandatory life without parole. They just have to think about his particular case... if I understood right that is.

Sure wish I knew what questions he asked in court today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz