CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be interesting to be able to read the wording of the charging document

Oh gawd yes! I do so love original docs in cases. I'm expecting though that this doc will be sealed due to it's Juvie Ct.? Or sealed due to gag order? IDK...

No 'Mohawk' today!

I wonder if his lawyer advised against it. Or maybe he has been slightly humbled after being in jail for a week.

Also, I wonder if they now have "proof" of the sexual assault after finding the rest of her body? Her pelvis?

Now I want to throw up. Sorry guys.

I am not sure yet what to think about the *advertiser censored* addiction. Part of me suspects he was caught doing something nasty, and when pressed ("Why would you do that?!") claimed ihe got the idea from "the *advertiser censored*" rather than admitting it was his own perverse idea. Just a thought that's kind of been floating around in my head.

Many thanks, to you and others who posted for finding the pics! IIRC in the article it said the motorhome was sold earlier this year due to financial difficulty, so it would make sense that the pool would be uncovered and ready to use at that time as well. I wonder what time of year they typically cover it for the winter?

I wonder if LE has ran forensics on the sold motorhome?

Just saw the story about the charges and it's just new horror each week, isn't it?

Even if I despise Fox31 for being broadcasting and standing behind rumors and inaccurate information, I was really hopeful that when they reported "a source" told them he killed her right away that it was true.

For that matter, I wasn't particularly pleased to see a suggestion somewhere (7News, I think) that they're still searching for missing remains. :tears:

Waiting room boredom. Dearest hubby in surgery. Heading back to catch up on any news of hearing and then may post thoughts.

Please forgive my ignorance on the order of things.....but did he enter a plea?

Please forgive my ignorance on the order of things.....but did he enter a plea?

I'm not positive and someone else may answer this better, but I believe today was an advisement of charges, no plea entered.

Good point. Ooh if that's the case I will be fit to be tied. IF this is the case and they did NOT monitor him.....oh boy. Rights be da@&ed...creeps (even young ones) who are known to view child *advertiser censored* should be monitored closely. Period. The correlation between child *advertiser censored* and child molestation (leading to murder even) is too strong to not have some sort of monitoring procedure in place. Wth?

Who should have been monitoring him? Who dropped the ball here?

Law enforcement sources told The Post that investigators discovered a wooden cross with Jessica's dismembered body shortly after it was found Oct. 10 near a culvert in Pattridge Park Open Space.

Read more: Police strategy may have spurred mom of suspect Austin Sigg to call - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...have-spurred-mom-suspect-austin#ixzz2AoKghLjC
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

forgive me if this has been stated, I did not remember seeing the cross was found with the body.
BBM

He has a November status hearing and his lawyer will also be asking to have him charged as a juvenile, so his plea won't be entered until that debate is resolved by the court.

There's a lot of lawyering that will be taking place before his counsel allows him to enter a plea.

First thing I notice in the charging docs is the phrase "acting alone" so that affords me a bit of relief that LE oes not think there was an accomplice and makes me more confident that the much discussed youtube video was a hoax. Sick little jerks lying in the video is bad enough.

Second thing I notice are the sexual offense charges :( http://twitpic.com/b8tvdy

Poor litle thing.

I could have gone forever without hearing about the sexual assault. That makes me sick. That poor poor baby.

I'm by no means a legal expect and have no idea how it would be charged in CO but could he be charged with taking a vehicle that wasn't his? Could robbery be in association of anything he took from his family?

Did Jessica have a cell phone? If she had one the morning that she left for school, and if it wasn't found with her or her things, that would be theft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990