CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks I think... yuck, I can't believe I get nauseous from even viewing his sketch.

I did notice he doesn't seem to be wearing a "suicide jacket" like I saw on the alleged killer in Whitney Heichel's case. It's probably dumb but for some reason that pisses me off. Like he doesn't have remorse. Like I said dumb but I keep thinking "can't you at least have the decency to be suicidal?"

It was reported that he was wearing a bright green jumpsuit last time he was in court ... looks like the same clothing again today.

So I guess they are saying that since Sigg killed Jessica, he would have killed the jogger too. It makes sense, but I'm not sure how well that will work in court.....

Makes me wonder if he confessed that his intentions were to murder the jogger.

Maybe he logged his attempt and intent.
Just a thought...

Police may be simply looking at the fact that he murdered the child he successfully abducted, therefore he would have murdered the woman he attempted to abduct.

Family members of Sigg cried when he was led into the courtroom in a green jail jumpsuit and shackles.

The county took extraordinary security precautions. Sigg was surrounded by Jefferson County sheriff's deputies. A total of 15 deputies guarded the entrance to the courtroom and the courtroom itself. One deputy stood directly in front of the Sigg family and stared at them throughout the hearing.

Media members were required to undergo a second security check before entering the courtroom. Deputies took lids off felt pens during a search of media possessions.

http://www.timescall.com/ci_2188706...dgeway-be-formally-charged?source=most_viewed

I remember some people were saying he could be charged with sexual assault "just" for removing her clothes, even after he killed her.

Did Jessica have a cell phone? If she had one the morning that she left for school, and if it wasn't found with her or her things, that would be theft.

The .pdf file linked above says the robbery was due to the backpack. I tried to copy and paste. But it is Count 11 that he was charged with.

Those are scary, scary charges.

Well, I abandon the notion of an accomplice.

Austin Sigg needs to never re-enter society, ever again.

RIP sweet little Jessica.

BTW, the guards might not be there to protect him, but to protect others in the courtroom from him. He's the murderer, after all.

Thank you for the link! It says right there that the robbery charge was over the backpack.
backpack.jpg

I don't know if this is just how charges are filed or not, but is it something worth noting that (most of) the actual murder charges have the wording that he acted alone, but not the kidnapping charges??

Why the difference in wording for some of the charges?

I think at this point they would charge him with jaywalking and spitting on the sidewalk if they could. It appears from the document that they're chasing every aspect of criminal behavior they can match to a state statute.

I'm surprised there is no charge of abuse of a corpse, but perhaps the crimes of violence charges address that. I would have thought it would have been a separate charge given what he did to her and presumably at more than one location.

There has been nothing to suggest that he did not act alone.

The youtube video (subsequenty yanked) had many speculating that ARS had posted it nd it featured a second voice, suggesting an accomplice. These charges suggest the video was a hoax IMO.

I think at this point they would charge him with jaywalking and spitting on the sidewalk if they could. It appears from the document that they're chasing every aspect of criminal behavior they can match to a state statute.

I'm surprised there is no charge of abuse of a corpse, but perhaps the crimes of violence charges address that. I would have thought it would have been a separate charge given what he did to her and presumably at more than one location.

Agree with you! I was thinking the same thing when I didn't see any references to 'abuse of corpse'....just wondering if 'violence' charges could 'produce' long time-wise jail sentencing than 'abuse of corpse'. At list, looks like DA makes all proper efforts to charge this monster with everything possible to insure the LONG and SECURED sentencing!!!!

Thanks I think... yuck, I can't believe I get nauseous from even viewing his sketch.

I did notice he doesn't seem to be wearing a "suicide jacket" like I saw on the alleged killer in Whitney Heichel's case. It's probably dumb but for some reason that pisses me off. Like he doesn't have remorse. Like I said dumb but I keep thinking "can't you at least have the decency to be suicidal?"

Suicide jacket? I always thought those were bulletproof vests for their protection?

There has been nothing to suggest that he did not act alone.

I never thought he had accomplices...but I know some on here did believe there was a possibility. I was just wondering if by deliberately stating in the charges "acted alone" does that mean that there are no accomplices?:waitasec:

Meaning...SOME of the charges state "acted alone" while others don't...such as kidnapping charges. Just curious.

Excerpt: "Among the sizable contingent inside the court was Sigg’s father. FOX31′s Hendrik Sybrandy said Robert Sigg sat two rows behind his son and was visibly shaking."

I'm just going to come out and say....they are far better parents than I am (I guess). There is no way in Hades I would be in that court house. No way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jackojohnnie