CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be easier to drive the car into the garage and enter the home through a door between the garage and the area where there is a fireplace (back of the house, behind the garage).

Not if the garage was used for storage. A lot of people don't use their garage to park their car. When police got to the house, his vehicle was in the driveway and not parked in the garage. I'm just assuming here, though...

I do remember seeing a picture of the garage open and crime scene there and it looked like there was a lot of stuff in the garage. I'll have to see if I can find the pic again.

If the garage couldn't be pulled into, that side door would definitely be an alternative since it was between the two houses and on the garage side of the house next door and there might not have been windows from the other house facing his house. No one would have seen a thing.

Edited to add: I found the pics and while I can see garbage cans, can't really tell if garage was full or not...sorry...
http://photos.denverpost.com/2012/1...rrested-in-connection-of-jessica-ridgeway/#24

:( I really, really hoped that a sexual assault wasn't going to show up in the charges. It's awful enough without it. To think she may have suffered through that just makes me even sicker.

I have zero legal expertise, but based on the charges and a couple of other cases I've followed I think the assult was before she died. He wasn't charged with sexually assulting a corpse. It makes me so sick to type that.

"Crime of violence" I am guessing is something extra disgustingly violent. It's weird wording IMO - I mean killing someone's generally pretty violent on its own, right?

For all we know she was dismembered while alive in addition to any other torture this deviate could conjure up. Think “lust or thrill kill”. The state of her remains in Arvada sent such a strong message to LE that they responded with one of the largest manhunts I’m aware of. This thing(have a hard time calling it a person)does the unthinkable to the point of shocking LE.

-----------
My bold above. It's an interesting phenomenon, because the Lord Jesus Christ himself was: murdered, despised, abused, beaten, persecuted, rejected...

OK, end of my "rant."

You took the words right from my fingers. Thank you:)

So I guess they are saying that since Sigg killed Jessica, he would have killed the jogger too. It makes sense, but I'm not sure how well that will work in court.....
Maybe as part of his confession AS admitted that he intended to kill the woman he tried to abduct? If it is in his own words, it would be hard for the defense to refute it.

JMO.

---------------------

enzeder:

Do you think she could have died of chloroform poisoning, say on some "practice kidnapping run"?

From the article you posted above:

She was wearing shorts and a T-shirt, and police do not believe she was involved in a water-recreation accident.

There were no outward signs of trauma to the body, Pickett said.

The case is being investigated as a suspicious death.

I see that you got to read that article at the link I posted concentric. For some reason that article isn't showing up now?. Here is the article via the Google Cache for those who can't access it at the original link. http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_18381728

Google Cache: Read more: Body of young woman found in Clear Creek - The Denver Post http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...+Creek&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=nz#ixzz2Ant3L0RF

do child killers and child rapists survive for very long in adult prisons?

sorry, I'm hoping for the worst for this and I have no compassion for his life whatsoever.

I don't know... rumor is always that they don't last long, but I've wondered how true that is. Without getting into too much detail to embarass myself even further, a friend of my husband's was in prison for awhile- nothing violent, it was a prescription painkiller thing, but there were enough charges that he was in for quite awhile. Something about under a year they go to county jail and over a year they go to state prison, and he was in a state one. He says fights were pretty common (there's a surprise right?) but that the response, both from prisoners and staff, varied depending on why the person was there. He said one person might get medical staff rushing to help them, while another person would be ignored for awhile. He remembers watching a guy nearly bleed to death while nurses were frantically trying to get to him, but the gates/doors were locked and the guards sort of "conveniently" (his words) couldn't get them open. This is all just from what I've heard and not even direct personal experience, nothing I could link to, but it is directly from the friend, not a "friend of a friend's neighbor's cousin" kind of thing.

------------

I say he was into what is termed: gore *advertiser censored*. That would encompass it all.
Early after the arrest some source published that AS was into Japanese anime. I am not familiar with anime but I have read that there are a lot of Japanese comics, video games and animation that show abuse of young girls and even some that show the mutilation and murder. Other than general descriptions in the MSM I know nothing about these things but have linked them in my mind.

I wonder if given AS's predilection for *advertiser censored* and death he had moved from innoucuous anime and into the darker forms?

JMO.

Probably the backpack and its contents.

Or, if he did filch some lab supplies? (disclaimer: I dunno if that happened, have just read some posts suggesting or wondering about it.)

It would be interesting to be able to read the wording of the charging document

What are some potential additional charges that could be added on for Jessica down the road, based on what limited info we know? Or what has been speculated? Anything else that makes sense if he hasn't been truthful and they're still investigation (which I imagine they are)? I really hope there are more to come. In case some get thrown out. Or for some reason he gets lower ends of sentences.

It's occurred to me that his *advertiser censored* addiction he was being treated for had to do with his desire for children. If you recall his young female neighbor claimed he liked to play with the young girls in the neighborhood. I wonder if it had been discovered that he was viewing child *advertiser censored* and the mother put him in therapy for that. He could have also been viewing *advertiser censored* w/violent acts. Just wondering. It makes sense to me.

Good point. Ooh if that's the case I will be fit to be tied. IF this is the case and they did NOT monitor him.....oh boy. Rights be da@&ed...creeps (even young ones) who are known to view child *advertiser censored* should be monitored closely. Period. The correlation between child *advertiser censored* and child molestation (leading to murder even) is too strong to not have some sort of monitoring procedure in place. Wth?

I could have gone forever without hearing about the sexual assault. That makes me sick. That poor poor baby.

I'm by no means a legal expect and have no idea how it would be charged in CO but could he be charged with taking a vehicle that wasn't his? Could robbery be in association of anything he took from his family?

Scetch: Front view of suspect in court.

Thanks I think... yuck, I can't believe I get nauseous from even viewing his sketch.

I did notice he doesn't seem to be wearing a "suicide jacket" like I saw on the alleged killer in Whitney Heichel's case. It's probably dumb but for some reason that pisses me off. Like he doesn't have remorse. Like I said dumb but I keep thinking "can't you at least have the decency to be suicidal?"

Maybe as part of his confession AS admitted that he intended to kill the woman he tried to abduct? If it is in his own words, it would be hard for the defense to refute it.

JMO.

That's a great thought, ziggy !! And I hope that's the case. However, even if he didn't confess plans to kill the jogger, I believe that 12 of his peers will know that he did plan to kill her.

ETA: Much thanks to all our "WS Court Reporters" for giving our brd up-to-the-minute updates. You Rock.

Although I am heartsickened about the sexual assault, I don't think most of us are that surprised...given the *advertiser censored* addiction.

Robbery definition is the crime of taking or attempting to take something of value by force or threat of force or by putting the victim in fear. Wondering if robbery charge is for the backback?

JMO.

Maybe he logged his attempt and intent.
Just a thought...

Although I am heartsickened about the sexual assault, I don't think most of us are that surprised...given the *advertiser censored* addiction.

Robbery definition is the crime of taking or attempting to take something of value by force or threat of force or by putting the victim in fear. Wondering if robbery charge is for the backback?

Could it be Jessica?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member