CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
COLORADO Crimes of Violence: ARS has 6 of these counts (crimes of violence)

sentences for Crimes of Violence must be served consecutively, that is, one sentence must be served before the second sentence can be started. In a case where the District Attorney has charged multiple Crime of Violence counts, convictions will result in stacking the mandatory minimum sentences on top of each other. For example, two Second Degree Assault charges, each with a mandatory five year minimum, create a mandatory ten year sentence. The judge has no choice, and your criminal defense lawyer has no power to prevent this if you are convicted.

http://www.colorado-criminal-lawyer.com/sentencing/violence.html
http://ncw.fd.org/BrownBag/Cat Mod Cat Brown Bag.pdf
Specific examples of crimes of violence:
 Conspiracy whose objective is violent crime, United States v. Ayala, 601 F.3d 256 (4th Cir. 2010)
 Break‐out escape, United States v. Bethea, 603 F.3d 254 (4th Cir. 2010)
 Willful commission of a lewd or lascivious act upon the body of a child (part of N.C. indecent
liberties statute), United States v. Vann, 2010 WL 3720413 (4th Cir. 2010)
 N.C. breaking or entering, United States v. Thompson, 588 F.3d 197 (4th Cir. 2009) (ACCA

I don't have a whole lot of time so I am going to post this as quickly as possible.... I do not care if you are/were abused, physically, mentally or sexually. It does not matter that you are addicted to *advertiser censored* and play hideous games online. Even if you have a fascination with death and dismemberment, there is NO excuse good enough to justify torturing and brutally murdering another human being, especially a child! I have been through all types of abuse and I am bi-polar and suffer from PTSD... You don't see me out there abusing others for my amusement, let alone stealing their lives and innocence away! If I hear another thing about Sigg being abused or being addicted etc, I am going to screammmmmmmmm!!!

I have seen no one try to make excuses for ARS. What interests some of us is what causes sickos like him? if warning signs were there coud he have been recognized BEFORE a lovely child was murdered?

You have every right not to care or be interested in trying to answer those questions.

I have evey right to continue to try to find those answers.

Respectfully. An abuse survivor who has also not abused and murdered anyone.

Georgiagirl, you are more charitable then I am. :blushing: Now that he has confessed, let him take the easy way out, it will save the families & any other victims further grief. If he was going to grow a conscience maybe I would feel differently, however he is not...he does not have a conscience IMO. I hope he spares everyone further pain.

I was just about to post something like this..... I cannot imagine being in Jessica's moms shoes but I also cannot imagine being AS's parent. His mom who probably tried to protect him from monster when he was little is now faced with the reality that her son IS a monster himself. I am sure she is consumed with what ifs and how she went wrong as a parent. Same with dad too. And it seems dad's criminal past has just become fodder for the media and public consumption. His DUI's and mortgage fraud pale in comparison to the heinous crimes of their son. I recently read the statement from Robert Sigg expressing his sympathies to the Ridgeway family and his personal devastation over the knowledge his son killed their daughter and below that the writer saw it fitting to post some mugshot of the dad and talk about his criminal past. IMO his father's criminal past did not have anything to do with AS and his evil deeds. And don't even get me started about the little brother and what this must do to him....

AS has destroyed two families in his killing of that precious child. I hope they do have him on suicide watch so he can't take the easy way out.

I'm guessing that there was one, strong, male, role model in Austin's life. If that person has a long history of breaking the law and getting away with it ... well ... what can we say about the apple on the tree?

If what his friend said is true, he's egotistical and I highly doubt he's going to take the easy way out.

jmo

Georgiagirl, you are more charitable then I am. :blushing: Now that he has confessed, let him take the easy way out, it will save the families & any other victims further grief. If he was going to grow a conscience maybe I would feel differently, however he is not...he does not have a conscience IMO. I hope he spares everyone further pain.

I get what you are saying. I just want to see him suffer in general population. Worried every single day about his own safety and who will beat and rape him. DP is too good for this .

They definitely have enough charges against him. They are likely stacking them just in case he decides to plead not guilty and then try to plead it out.

Locals....Isn't there a young lady missing whose vehicle was found on Coal Creek and Highway 6? If this has been brought up...sorry. Sometimes I have to skip pages to catch up.

Amy Ahonen vanished on 8 July 2011. Her car was found about 7 miles west of Golden on US 6.

BTW, the guards might not be there to protect him, but to protect others in the courtroom from him. He's the murderer, after all.

No, My belief is they are there to protect him mostly. After all, murderers and child abusers have rights.:furious:

I'm guessing that there was one, strong, male, role model in Austin's life. If that person has a long history of breaking the law and getting away with it ... well ... what can we say about the apple on the tree?

I disagree. Maybe if we were talking about a normal young man whose father has RS's criminal past he would probably be at risk for similar crimes but AS's crimes come from his own sick twisted fantasies. And IMO his father could have had NO record at all and AS would still have done this.

For all we know she was dismembered while alive in addition to any other torture this deviate could conjure up. Think “lust or thrill kill”. The state of her remains in Arvada sent such a strong message to LE that they responded with one of the largest manhunts I’m aware of. This thing(have a hard time calling it a person)does the unthinkable to the point of shocking LE.

Oh God...I hope not...that poor baby girl and how is her mother functioning? And I think I still heard the MOST he can get is 40 years...of course, do not think it will take his "bunkies" that long...

I have seen no one try to make excuses for ARS. What interests some of us is what causes sickos like him? if warning signs were there coud he have been recognized BEFORE a lovely child was murdered?

You have every right not to care or be interested in trying to answer those questions.

I have evey right to continue to try to find those answers.

Respectfully. An abuse survivor who has also not abused and murdered anyone.

I do apologize... I should have specified that I was ranting about some other blogs, not Websleuths. Including a facebook support page set up for AS if you can believe that. Smh

I get what you are saying. I just want to see him suffer in general population. Worried every single day about his own safety and who will beat and rape him. DP is too good for this .

I thought child murderers such as AS are mostly in solitary and not general?

I agree, he needs to spend a looooong time living in fear, looking over his shoulder. That is only just, given how very afraid little Jessica must have been in his hands :(

I don't have a whole lot of time so I am going to post this as quickly as possible.... I do not care if you are/were abused, physically, mentally or sexually. It does not matter that you are addicted to *advertiser censored* and play hideous games online. Even if you have a fascination with death and dismemberment, there is NO excuse good enough to justify torturing and brutally murdering another human being, especially a child! I have been through all types of abuse and I am bi-polar and suffer from PTSD... You don't see me out there abusing others for my amusement, let alone stealing their lives and innocence away! If I hear another thing about Sigg being abused or being addicted etc, I am going to screammmmmmmmm!!!

Thank You for a very good post. Welcome to Websleuths!

I do apologize... I should have specified that I was ranting about some other blogs, not Websleuths. Including a facebook support page set up for AS if you can believe that. Smh

Ah, I see, sorry I misunderstood and thought you were taking your fellow Websleuths to task.

Sadly, I'm not surprised to hear that"poor Sigg" factions are forming.

I remember some people were saying he could be charged with sexual assault "just" for removing her clothes, even after he killed her.

I had hoped that was the case, but based on the charging documents it was not (see attached)

Counts 9 and 10 in particular state that he committed sexual assault on her, facilitated through use of force, and in so doing caused her bodily injury. The injury she suffered in the course of that assault is the basis for the "crime of violence" enhancement to that charge :furious:

He raped her. There is really no other way to interpret those charges.

Attachments

• sigg1.jpg
    sigg1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 69
  • sigg2.jpg
    sigg2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 62
  • sigg3.jpg
    sigg3.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 59
One thing to keep in mind in Colorado is that the laws regarding a minor having a driver's license is that anyone between the ages of 16-21 has to hold a driver's permit for 12 months and during that 12 months, the driver can ONLY drive with an adult. So, if AS's date of birth is January 17, 1995, the soonest he could have gotten a driver's permit would have been January 17, 2011 (and he'd have to have the permit a full 12 months). The soonest he could have gotten an actual driver's license would have been January 17, 2012.

It certainly doesn't mean that AS wasn't driving around prior to January 2012, I just think it may not have been very likely that any crimes that occurred prior to him having a driver's license and were further away (like the lady who went missing in July 2011 up on Highway 6 in the foothills) are probably not as likely as crimes he could have done on foot (possibly the 2010 Kentner Lake attempted abduction).

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/Revenue-MV/RMV/1209548240333

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member