CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you read the comment from the profiler he has a blog. Anyone know why there is a comment directed at Websleuths?

just that she likes WS and recommends it. that WS does good work and Trisha is the "real deal".

I don't think they can have been copy cat because

1. they occurred before Jessica
2. they were not publicised
3. we still don't know exactly how LE linked AS to both so a copy cat wouldn't know either

Just my opinion of course.

:cow:

I was responding specifically to the attempted abduction caught on video in Aurora after JR's death. I wondered if it was staged as a ruse to piss off JR's killer and draw him out.

Exactly.

Add that in to the attempted park abduction, which in turn is linked to the attempted nightclub abduction, which appeared to have at least 2 possibly 3 perps...

Maybe LE are building the case to make some more arrests.

Yah, I wonder about this as well as AS appearing to have access to multiple cars. He could have been just checking things out in that park with his friends not knowing his real motivation, OR they could have been scouting an abduction site/plan together. the use of different cars could be due to a couple of buddies, or the family's cars.

One thing to consider, given the lady with the dog, who saw him and friends hanging out along the trail, could be that the others watched and waited just out of view. Possibly they persuaded him to do it or they were waiting to participate in the aftermath... participate after he successfully grabbed someone. Given the types of creeps that are drawn to each other in those "dark" forums, it is not out of the question that he met others of like ilk. After all, CO LE just nabbed that scraggly duo who tried a few times to abduct other women. And then, there are the two at the Sports bar parking lot.

and it's totally possible his accomplices thought they were participating in an abduction/rape scenario, not knowing AS was gonna kill and dismember the body and keep parts of it.

I was responding specifically to the attempted abduction caught on video in Aurora after JR's death. I wondered if it was staged as a ruse to piss off JR's killer and draw him out.

You talkin about the 1 where the lady knocks the dude on his butt in the parking lot?

for the legal experts - is the fact that AS kept bodyparts enough to get him the max sentence? It proves he didn't just snap. he planned it, was proud, wanted to relive it, and has no remorse. as well as obstructing an LE investigation. It just seems that info would play strongly in getting him the max possible in his situation.

I think he has an "accomplice" , and while he's incarcerated, something will happen to create reasonable doubt. Remember, he thinks he's clever. Just my opinion.

do you mean that one of his accomplices will do this again in order to create enough doubt to get AS out of jail?

for the legal experts - is the fact that AS kept bodyparts enough to get him the max sentence? It proves he didn't just snap. he planned it, was proud, wanted to relive it, and has no remorse. as well as obstructing an LE investigation. It just seems that info would play strongly in getting him the max possible in his situation.

IMO, it will be hard to get a "didn't know right from wrong" judgment because they were hidden.

Still catching up but I know someone had mentioned that dad's home, if decided to be searched by authorities, could likely point to Austin atleast having some relationship and contact with his father..therefor the valid question of his having access to the property, home, and multiple vehicles of his father's comes into play as well..jmo

Rob Sigg is currently in Mexico-while his beautiful Parker home is being searched by authorities hoping to find any other information that could lead to the conviction of his seventeen-year-old son, Austin for incredibly shocking acts.
http://blogs.westword.com/latestwor...ert_sigg_media_empire_law_troubles.php?page=3

Been following missing/murdered persons cases since 2007. Never seen the response of LE Agencies as were brought in on the Jessica Ridgeway abduction, investigation....
Was it due to the upcoming election? A known active predator in the Denver area? Anyone have any ideas? WHY? She was only a little girl doing what little girls do...Why?
Why- Rascal Flatts Lyrics - YouTube

This might be unpopular, but it does bother me that this case got 200+ LE working it, and other unsolved murders will never get that amount of effort. Even other high-profiles ones don't get anywhere near 200+ LE. Would there be as many LE if they believed a family member was responsible?

That is a very good question and the andswer may be gleaned if we see LE activity around dad, his properties, vehicles, etc in the days to come. If so then we can assume if LE feels that AS had access to these places then he probably did and that would confirm dad's involvement in his sons' lives. If LE does not investigate those things we can probably assume he was not part of their lives any real degree.

:cow:

Where was his father on October 5? Mexico, or home?

This might be unpopular, but it does bother me that this case got 200+ LE working it, and other unsolved murders will never get that amount of effort. Even other high-profiles ones don't get anywhere near 200+ LE. Would there be as many LE if they believed a family member was responsible?

Short answer - no.

Long answer - this case should really give us all pause, as they elminated the family immediately despite some very questionable circumstances being mum and dad arguing over child support.

In cases where suspicion hovers over the family and the child is never found, well...there are reasons for that. It is usually because the family is lying and covering up, and LE know it, they just can't prove it.

In this case, the family were just so shocked and horrified, it helped clear them very quickly.

Above BBM..THIS of course is nothing but MOO but I do believe whether "right or wrong" that the fact that it was found to be a stranger abduction, that IMO the FBI'S BAU likely immediately profiled as not only a predator, but a predator that would without doubt strike again if not found and arrested..

I believe it is these exact type factors that if found to be present in a case is what determines the amount of manpower immediately brought in and used on the case.. Whereas using the example given in the above post of comparing it to an isolated, family offender on family member victim is not deemed of the same immediate, full force reaction of unlimited manpower given to the case.. Imo quite obviously the key word being "isolated", along with perp-family member, victim-family member = very strong indicators that the public is not at risk...

Again MOO but it is these obvious differences, again whether "right or wrong", that determine what case warrants such an immediate, large, full scale involvement of any/all agencies available to assist..

Jmo, tho.

I missed all of the (now with the mods for dry-cleaning) last thread due to the fact I went outside to my Jeep where I... held my left foot up, right elbow down, peered into the rear view mirror, squinted real hard, twirled the windshield wiper blades in examination, all the while listening to "Du Hast" on the cd player, and then... I did it all backwards. I came up with nothing.

I hope we're talking about something new now :D

** This case is so very sad in so many ways, but I couldn't resist poking some fun at "us"

You win "teh internetz" today :)

Just a question here but, is it possible so many LE were involved in this case because they were asked by Westminster PD? Just wondering if it's possible that the openness of Westminster PD to accept help from other agencies is the main reason they became involved. Does that make sense?

Does he have accomplices?

I remember watching footage of an attempted abduction outside a nightclub, where the woman got away. LE said that attempt was linked with the one in the park because a chemical rag was used also.

In that attempt, a third party was driving so there was at least one other person in the car.

There was also a child that was attacked by a 5'6" - 6', athletic, bald man wearing white and green runners. It's unrelated. I remember police stating that the night club incident may have been a copycat. I haven't heard of anything that ties that incident to Austin Sigg ... and I rather suspect that Austin Sigg was laying low at that time.

Was there a "candy man" in a blue sedan incident after Jessica disappeared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme