CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't remember LE ever saying publicly those two incidences were connected, but of course they would be looking for evidence of such. How many people use chemicals on a rag to try & subdue someone these days? Also didn't both women say the chemical burned? I am on the fence about an accomplice. :fence:

Been following missing/murdered persons cases since 2007. Never seen the response of LE Agencies as were brought in on the Jessica Ridgeway abduction, investigation....
Was it due to the upcoming election? A known active predator in the Denver area? Anyone have any ideas? WHY? She was only a little girl doing what little girls do...Why?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEBWJ-nxVoM"]Why- Rascal Flatts Lyrics - YouTube[/ame]

Excellent point, SapphireSteel...

I've thought about the accomplice theory also. If that were the case why would he confess ( I don't believe he gave a truthful confession anyway) and not implicate the accomplice? Because he was bullied and another monster would accept him as a friend if he went along with this? Is he covering for someone because he is a minor and thinks he will get a lighter punishment? I don't believe it is so. Any ideas?

I've thought about the accomplice theory also. If that were the case why would he confess ( I don't believe he gave a truthful confession anyway) and not implicate the accomplice? Because he was bullied and another monster would accept him as a friend if he went along with this? Is he covering for someone because he is a minor and thinks he will get a lighter punishment? I don't believe it is so. Any ideas?

Psychopaths are deflective, creative, intelligent, manipulative, talk in riddles, and love to play head games...Their thought patterns are 180 degrees of normal folks...they have no human emotions..
Imo Austin Reed Siggs had associates/sidekicks and didn't begin his evil trail of terror on October 5, 2012...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf4U8ti8mX0"]Criminal Minds Promo Super Bowl 2010 - YouTube[/ame]

I don't remember LE ever saying publicly those two incidences were connected, but of course they would be looking for evidence of such. How many people use chemicals on a rag to try & subdue someone these days? Also didn't both women say the chemical burned? I am on the fence about an accomplice. :fence:
I think early on law enforcement was entertaining the notion that the assault outside the bar was connected to the Ketner Park incident but I don't think they have announced anything definitive since.

Personally, I don't think Austin Sigg had an accomplice for any of the only two incidents we know about and that he is being held for, Jessica and Ketner Park jogger.

Here is a good early article about the bar incident and early thoughts:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...kidnapping-outside-bar-investigated-in-aurora

Been following missing/murdered persons cases since 2007. Never seen the response of LE Agencies as were brought in on the Jessica Ridgeway abduction, investigation....
Was it due to the upcoming election? A known active predator in the Denver area? Anyone have any ideas? WHY? She was only a little girl doing what little girls do...Why?
Why- Rascal Flatts Lyrics - YouTube

They always bring in the CARD team right away for a child and they ruled out the parents very early on. They also found the backpack and parts of her quickly and once they processed the field & the backpack, if they weren't sure before they knew then that this was a stranger abduction on horrific levels. It was a given he would strike again if not caught, plus you had reported attempted abductions happening around town. That is just my opinion.

I think early on law enforcement was entertaining the notion that the assault outside the bar was connected to the Ketner Park incident but I don't think they have announced anything definitive since.

Personally, I don't think Austin Sigg had an accomplice for any of the only two incidents we know about and that he is being held for, Jessica and Ketner Park jogger.

Here is a good early article about the bar incident and early thoughts:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...kidnapping-outside-bar-investigated-in-aurora

"Aurora Police have no reason to believe that this case is anyway connected to any other incidents and do believe that this is an isolated event," said Sgt. Cassidee Carlson.

CALL7 Investigator John Ferrugia reported Sunday night that the case bears some similarities to an attempted abduction case five months ago near Ketner Lake in Westminster.

In that case, a Hispanic male, 5 feet 6 to 5 feet 8 inches tall. He also attempted to use a rag with chemicals on it to subdue a woman.

In both cases, the victims complained of a burning substance on their skin where the towel or rag touched them.

Aurora police have informed Westminster police about the abduction attempt.

I think he has an "accomplice" , and while he's incarcerated, something will happen to create reasonable doubt. Remember, he thinks he's clever. Just my opinion.

They always bring in the CARD team right away for a child and they ruled out the parents very early on. They also found the backpack and parts of her quickly and once they processed the field & the backpack, if they weren't sure before they knew then that this was a stranger abduction on horrific levels. It was a given he would strike again if not caught, plus you had reported attempted abductions happening around town. That is just my opinion.

Yes, Dee10, yet in the Isabel Celis(AZ) abduction, as well as many others, I don't remember the enormous resources being utilized in any other child abduction cases.. Don't get me wrong, I think it is great.. Can you imagine the enormous costs of an investigation of this magnitude?

Isabel Mercedes Celis, missing Ariz. girl, was abducted, police confirm
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...issing-ariz-girl-was-abducted-police-confirm/

One thing to consider, given the lady with the dog, who saw him and friends hanging out along the trail, could be that the others watched and waited just out of view. Possibly they persuaded him to do it or they were waiting to participate in the aftermath... participate after he successfully grabbed someone. Given the types of creeps that are drawn to each other in those "dark" forums, it is not out of the question that he met others of like ilk. After all, CO LE just nabbed that scraggly duo who tried a few times to abduct other women. And then, there are the two at the Sports bar parking lot.

One thing to consider, given what the lady with the dog, who saw him and friends hanging out along the trail, could be that the others watched and waited just out of view. Possibly they persuaded him to do it or they were waiting to participate in the aftermath... participate after he successfully grabbed someone. Given the types of creeps that are drawn to each other in those "dark" forums, it is not out of the question that he met others of like ilk. After all, CO LE just nabbed that scraggly duo who tried a few times to abduct other women. And then, there are the two at the Sports bar parking lot.

Sounds interesting, Just K..Need Links, please..

Yes, Dee10, yet in the Isabel Celis(AZ) abduction, as well as many others, I don't remember the enormous resources being utilized..

Isabel Mercedes Celis, missing Ariz. girl, was abducted, police confirm
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...issing-ariz-girl-was-abducted-police-confirm/

What about Kyron Hormon, they brought in a ton of agencies. Do you think that case would be on par? Originally, I believe they thought Kyron was possibly a stranger abduction case.

The links are all in the previous threads. No need to relink, IMO. Just talking theory and how it is possible that he had either active participants or an audience, of sorts.

LOL, wasn't chiding you, just interested...Been trying to keep up with all the posts...impossible..

LE never did say they were related. maybe copycat. I actually wondered if it was staged to piss off and draw out the JR killer. at the time they didn't have a suspect for JR, and I wonder if LE thought he'd get mad if they alluded to someone else being the perp, having to use 2 people and having to use the chemical rag.

Finding the backpack was what really kicked this investigation into high gear. At that point they knew for certain that it was an abduction. Not because they found proof that Jessica was dead, but because being left on the sidewalk that far away didn't fit with any other scenario. With family and close acquaintances already cleared by law enforcement it had to be the work of a stranger.

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/344512/28/Ex-girlfriend-JessicaRidgeway-suspected-killer-was-sweet

Watch video for 20 something female with dog who saw AS and friends two times on the trail and she wasn't comfortable with it...felt like they were up to something (Standley Lake trail)

Exactly.

Add that in to the attempted park abduction, which in turn is linked to the attempted nightclub abduction, which appeared to have at least 2 possibly 3 perps...

Maybe LE are building the case to make some more arrests.

LE never did say they were related. maybe copycat. I actually wondered if it was staged to piss off and draw out the JR killer. at the time they didn't have a suspect for JR, and I wonder if LE thought he'd get mad if they alluded to someone else being the perp, having to use 2 people and having to use the chemical rag.

I don't think they can have been copy cat because

1. they occurred before Jessica
2. they were not publicised
3. we still don't know exactly how LE linked AS to both so a copy cat wouldn't know either

Just my opinion of course.

:cow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members