CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the huge LE response was due to the following:

1. It was a stranger abduction (very rare, especially if it involves a child)
2. It was a particularly brazen abduction
3. She was dismembered, and possibly mutilated in ways we don't yet know about.

All of the above pointed to an extremely dangerous, psychopathic predator who would have struck again if not caught. I think the response was more than warranted.

(That isn't to say that we shouldn't be putting more manpower behind other unsolved cases though.)

This case is so sad, and so scary; Jessica was literally murdered by "the boy next door." I'll bet he had been watching her for quite a while, figured he'd do better to prey on a child to make it easier to snatch and control his victim. I know he was treated for *advertiser censored* addiction a while back?? Jeez, he started watching *advertiser censored* at a very young age! Where was all this access to *advertiser censored* coming from? I wonder if his home internet use was monitored at all... probably not... sounds like he spent a lot of time on his own, with a lot of freedom> but that is the case for a lot of teens, and they don't murder and mutilate. I wonder if the sexual assault was his #1 intent; I tend to think that he was most interested in watching her die and cutting her up. I think he thoroughly enjoyed dismembering her. MONSTER.

Maybe he had a lot of spare time at his father's place ... maybe his father was out or out of it a lot of the time.

I think early on law enforcement was entertaining the notion that the assault outside the bar was connected to the Ketner Park incident but I don't think they have announced anything definitive since.

Personally, I don't think Austin Sigg had an accomplice for any of the only two incidents we know about and that he is being held for, Jessica and Ketner Park jogger.

Here is a good early article about the bar incident and early thoughts:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...kidnapping-outside-bar-investigated-in-aurora

Do you think that Jessica was murdered at his mother's, or father's, house, or at another location?

Sounds interesting, Just K..Need Links, please..

Within a day of Austin's arrest, there was an interview with people that knew him. One woman was walking on the trail at Ketner Lake. She said that she encountered Austin and two friends in the recent past, and that she didn't like the way they looked at her. She thought that they were "up to no good". She felt that she was safer because she had a dog with her.

no, I didn't hear that part. trying to feel something AND to kill themselves at the same time?

OT, and I don't know if anyone already mentioned it, but an electric fence won't kill you. Farmers have the voltage set high enough to scare whatever animal they're trying to contain. A lot of times it is set on a pulse, meaning the current isn't constant.

Her brothers were little kids at the time she was having them race to the fence and grab it it was electrified!

This hurts and is scary! We tried being farmers for a while, on borrowed land. The family that had the farm had cattle, goats and chickens all contained in various types of electric fences. Bumping the fence would shock and startle you, but if you happened to grab a fence you thought was off, man it hurt!

How awful. :(

I don't think they can have been copy cat because

1. they occurred before Jessica
2. they were not publicised
3. we still don't know exactly how LE linked AS to both so a copy cat wouldn't know either

Just my opinion of course.

:cow:

I have only heard of one night club abduction attempt. There were two guys, one pulled up to a young woman and asked for the directions whilte the passenger jumped out and tried to put something over the woman's face. She ran away. The two men in the mid-sized white car drove away. That happened after Jessica's remains were found.

Is there a second similar case that happened earlier?

Do you think that Jessica was murdered at his mother's, or father's, house, or at another location?
Currently I am of the opinion that he murdered her in his car. Possibly used his chemical soaked rag to subdue her and choked or strangled her. Then... He might have put her in the crawl space at his Mom's house and cut her up there.
Actually depends on the size and height of the crawl space, which we don't know.
Frankly we just don't know enough, everything is a guess.

This might be unpopular, but it does bother me that this case got 200+ LE working it, and other unsolved murders will never get that amount of effort. Even other high-profiles ones don't get anywhere near 200+ LE. Would there be as many LE if they believed a family member was responsible?

I've thought about that too.
And I think the answer is Westminster. :) (I live here.)
Right after Jessica went missing, neighbors and local businesses JUMPED into searching. That first Saturday morning , 700 searchers from the public showed up to help. Thousands of MISSING posters were printed and distributed, just by members of the community.

If you can scroll down in the link below, during that first week, you'll see post after post, "where can I pick up more posters? I'll put these everywhere I can. I'll put these on the back windows of my car." Just neighbors helping. And the main location where people picked up posters was the WPD. And they ran out several times a day and had to print more and more. So the police were responding to the demands of the community.

JMO

http://www.facebook.com/MissingJessicaRidgeway?fref=ts

Also local stores like office max were printing posters for free even after the backpack was found.

I have a friend who lives on the same street as AS and she said that she had seen him before but didn't know him or his family...had never spoken with him.

Right after Jessica went missing, neighbors and local businesses JUMPED into searching. That first Saturday morning , 700 searchers from the public showed up to help. Thousands of MISSING posters were printed and distributed, just by members of the community.

If you can scroll down in the link below, during that first week, you'll see post after post, "where can I pick up more posters? I'll put these everywhere I can. I'll put these on the back windows of my car." Just neighbors helping. And the main location where people picked up posters was the WPD. And they ran out several times a day and had to print more and more. So the police were responding to the demands of the community.

That type of response by the public isn't that unusual in a high-profile missing child case. I don't agree that it's a "Westminster thing" that they put that amount of resources into it. How much community outpouring or attention was there for Sarah Skiba? Jessica wasn't the first person murdered in Westminster, and she won't be the last, but those other cases won't have 200+ LE. I think the reason is because it was a stranger-abduction murder, and there was a good chance the killer was going to strike again.

This might be unpopular, but it does bother me that this case got 200+ LE working it, and other unsolved murders will never get that amount of effort. Even other high-profiles ones don't get anywhere near 200+ LE. Would there be as many LE if they believed a family member was responsible?

A horrific child killer and mutilater (sp) was on the loose. All of the reports of profiers, etc, indicated that they thought he would do it again. The police department said publicly there was a predater on the loose. The search for this monster and the safety of future possible victims warranted the manpower.

Been following missing/murdered persons cases since 2007. Never seen the response of LE Agencies as were brought in on the Jessica Ridgeway abduction, investigation....
Was it due to the upcoming election? A known active predator in the Denver area? Anyone have any ideas? WHY? She was only a little girl doing what little girls do...Why?
Why- Rascal Flatts Lyrics - YouTube

Thank you, Foxfire. Usually the criticisms of an abundance of publicity is because the victim was caucasian, wealthily, "attractive" or deprived in some way. I am hoping that the fury that Jessica's murder caused is simply because America is finally offended enough about the loss of our "normal" children. Please do not let us lose sight of the fact that each child is precious.

Jessica was the best of all of these; precious, normal, loving, caring and a miracle.

I am thankful, that in her normalcy, she has still managed to capture so many hearts and attention. Perhaps it will help us all be more aware to protect them.

JMO

Also, community members were calling the PD and showing up at the Command Center to help search shortly after the Amber Alert was issued.

Also local stores like office max were printing posters for free even after the backpack was found.

I have a friend who lives on the same street as AS and she said that she had seen him before but didn't know him or his family...had never spoken with him.

Can you expand on this -

Was he seen walking in Jessica's neighborhood?

Was he seen driving?

Did he have someone he visited there?

Thanks!

She didn't specify just that she didn't really know him at all...which tells me more about that neighborhood. I know everyone on my street by name and face. Her husband has lived in that hood all his life.

wow a 15 car garage? That beats out my dad for his mid life criss garage lol. Im sure he had access to other cars, most of us do if our car isn't running etc etc. Im 34 and if my car has issues, I have to call around to borrow for an errand.
I just hope it's not the case that he did borrow anyone's car, although he wouldn't be the first.
Gary Ridgeway did so.

He also could have borrowed someone's car without their knowledge. ??

If he only went to class & had no other job (please excuse if I am wrong about him having no job), he would have some spare time on his hands...

Each child is worthy. We, as a public, love each child. How then is it right to complain when any, any one of them are highlighted?

I am with you, hawkeye. I wish they all could. But I refuse to complain that any of them are brought forth into the public eye. We just have to work harder so that they are all known.

Half empty, half full.

Can you expand on this -

Was he seen walking in Jessica's neighborhood?

Was he seen driving?

Did he have someone he visited there?

Thanks!
Cashew's friend lives in Austin's neighborhood, not Jessica's.

Each child is worthy. We, as a public, love each child. How then is it right to complain when any, any one of them are highlighted?

I am with you, hawkeye. I wish they all could. But I refuse to complain that any of them are brought forth into the public eye. We just have to work harder so that they are all known.

Half empty, half full.

I'm not seeing where I complained about the amount of media coverage this case received. I didn't even mention it.

Also, people on WS have worked very hard to get media coverage in other cases, and most times, their efforts go nowhere, or the case gets one segment on national TV.

Yeah, I have friends all over both neighborhoods as well as myself living in Superior. This specific friend lives on AS's street.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme