CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's not music in this case. it's child *advertiser censored*, probably gore *advertiser censored*, probably with abuse of children involved. so I'd say, yah, there should have been more parental responsibility and oversight.

kids these days - they should have more supervision obviously.
they shouldn't be walking alone when there's a predator on the loose, and kids shouldn't be so messed up and so free to be predators in the first place.

Catching up - yeah, this is WAY WAY different IMO. I almost added this to my last post. Finding *advertiser censored* in the kid's possession yeah, you should probably do something but not that drastic IMO. Finding gore *advertiser censored*, whole different story. I still wouldn't consider the parents "liable," but I do think that warrants way different levels of supervision and intervention. I don't want to give the impression of blaming or sleuthing his parents because I'm not, but just an observation, he went to some sort of rehab or program for *advertiser censored* at age 15 correct? I doubt it was by choice or for fun. That probably was an increased level of supervision vs. whatever supervision he had previously.

I posted a link (perhaps yesterday) where Austin was described by friends as staying after school often in grade 11 to use the computers. That suggests to me that he didn't have access to a computer at home at that time. This would make sense if his *advertiser censored* addiction was tied to computer use. School computer use is monitored (I would think), so he wouldn't have been watching snuff films and *advertiser censored* at school. Here it is:

"Former high school classmates painted a picture of the 5-foot-6, 160-pound Sigg as an intelligent teen who often wore black and complained about school but who would stay late sometimes to work on computers."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/30/colorado-teen-charged-as-_0_n_2045515.html

I am not sure about Colorado, but in California there are blocks which would prevent a student from accessing *advertiser censored*. Our district even blocked Facebook and Myspace. But if AS was as good with computers as some say, he might have been able to bypass the barriers.

Wouldn't vile stuff like *advertiser censored* (of all kinds) be blocked from school computers? :waitasec:
I see this is mentioned by otto too. I had the original post in mind.

One would think so, but it seems like the people who create some of the more disgusting sites get fairly creative. My Mom used to be a teacher and said when she was searching for things - work related! - that she repeatedly got blocked from totally innocent sites, while sometimes *advertiser censored* type stuff would show up. Usually it was just the preview, but still not something she wanted the kids in class seeing. After it happened a couple of times she stopped "Googling" things where it was visible to the kids.

I know my children laugh at the fact social media sites are restricted in their high school, yet they go on them all the time in the i.t suite. All the kids do, they just bypass the restrictions. They said it's easy. That being said, i'm sure *advertiser censored* sites would be a different matter altogether.

But, wasn't that one of his claims to fame that he could 'hack' into anything on the computer? jmo

I think the crime of violence has to do with hog-tying Jessica while in the commission of the kidnapping. Why is it second degree kidnapping? Did he not plan to kidnap someone in advance?

I would bet AS and his friends accessed *advertiser censored* sights together at his friends homes. Trust me. Where there is a will there is a way. If AS wanted to access *advertiser censored* he would figure out a way to do so.
I do have a question. Does anybody know if he was into photography or filmography or something of that nature?

I think the crime of violence has to do with hog-tying Jessica while in the commission of the kidnapping. Why is it second degree kidnapping? Did he not plan to kidnap someone in advance?

He has SIX counts Crimes of Violence for JR and the jogger.

Minimum mandatory in CO and the sentences runs consecutively. So 6 counts (if found guilty on all) for min. 5 years (could be more) = 30 years tacked on to his other charges.

It shud be, but kids these days are so tech savvy they can find a way around the restrictions schools put on their computers.

Students may be too tech savvy for parents and teachers, but many schools have a computer tech person that monitors computer use. I can't imagine a school that allowed students to use unmonitored computers ... that would result in serious problems for schools.

I am not sure about Colorado, but in California there are blocks which would prevent a student from accessing *advertiser censored*. Our district even blocked Facebook and Myspace. But if AS was as good with computers as some say, he might have been able to bypass the barriers.

Sites accessed through a school would be logged on the school servers and there is no doubt in my mind that the log would flag anything that was not related to education.

Does anybody know if he had a job?

I'm not an expert by any means, but I just don't think music choices make parents liable in any way, shape, or form. My grandmother thought for sure I was going to he** for listening to "that rock and roll music!" (Mellencamp, Springsteen, the Eagles, Bryan Adams - you know, all those 'evil' bands), while my younger brother listened to some really hard core rap that even made me cringe. Neither of us has raped or murdered anyone (well AFAIK I suppose, but I know I haven't and I'd be beyond shocked if he has). I can't imagine any parent being expected to base a kid's rules and restrictions on the kid's music choices. I think all that'd do is either make the music more "shocking" or make the kid hide what they were listening to better. IMO.

Oh I agree to a certain extent. Just....if a parent is paying for a ticket and providing transportation for a child to go to a concert where murder and mayhem is the central focus of every song, well...I think there's a problem. And if that child grows up to emulate those words in that music, what to do then? Anyway....just something I've been thinking and wondering about.

Ok. I have a bit of a story. My daughter married a man that was educated, charming, good looking, etc. Unbeknownst to her when she married him, that had been severely abused by his stepfather. he then joined the marines, claimed to be a sniper, was put under psychological evaluation for being homicidal at some point and discharged. He then proceeded to get many tatooes, in particular a snake skeleton up his entire spine and on fire. It encompassed his entire back! After that he served time for animal abuse. During their marriage she discovered he was heavy into *advertiser censored* inclusive of bestiality. He was also a computer genius and even was very successful in this for his career. He bragged of his hacking capabilities.
One night she discovered him Running around outdoors in the middle of the night and he was naked.
She filed a police report and filed for divorce. He then stalked her for more than 4 years. We also discovered he is a peeping Tom.
He is also 5'8", light skinned, although italian
She then moved to Colorado, just outside the Denver area to escape him. He has since left their original state of marriage and we don't know where he went. We have been concerned he went to Colorado. When this case first came out, before we knew it was AS, our imaginations were running wild! Her ex fits the bill. I can tell you that this type of person is very very scary, and intense with their agenda.
Just wanted to share that.
I honestly thought alot about

Wouldn't vile stuff like *advertiser censored* (of all kinds) be blocked from school computers? :waitasec:
I see this is mentioned by otto too. I had the original post in mind.

A lot of schools have WiFi. If AS had an iPod Touch or something similar he could access the internet from anywhere.

Ok. I have a bit of a story. My daughter married a man that was educated, charming, good looking, etc. Unbeknownst to her when she married him, that had been severely abused by his stepfather. he then joined the marines, claimed to be a sniper, was put under psychological evaluation for being homicidal at some point and discharged. He then proceeded to get many tatooes, in particular a snake skeleton up his entire spine and on fire. It encompassed his entire back! After that he served time for animal abuse. During their marriage she discovered he was heavy into *advertiser censored* inclusive of bestiality. He was also a computer genius and even was very successful in this for his career. He bragged of his hacking capabilities.
One night she discovered him Running around outdoors in the middle of the night and he was naked.
She filed a police report and filed for divorce. He then stalked her for more than 4 years. We also discovered he is a peeping Tom.
He is also 5'8", light skinned, although italian
She then moved to Colorado, just outside the Denver area to escape him. He has since left their original state of marriage and we don't know where he went. We have been concerned he went to Colorado. When this case first came out, before we knew it was AS, our imaginations were running wild! Her ex fits the bill. I can tell you that this type of person is very very scary, and intense with their agenda.
Just wanted to share that.
I honestly thought alot about

Wow. WOW. I am so very sorry for yourself & your daughter having gone through this. CO has an Address Confidentiality Program that is super helpful for stalking victims. My mom is under this program. Through it, your physical address is never public knowledge on an electric bill, phone bill, etc. It runs your bills through a PO Box & then sends to you.

Be careful & never let your guard down.

I forgot where I 'heard" the info but I think CO doesn't segregate the prisoners unless they do something that causes them to go in solitary or if they are on the DP, I believe no matter the crime you go in gen. pop...

I hope he gets a really nice welcome!

I find it hard to believe that CO prison doesn't segregate child killers/sex offedenders etc. As much as some of us would like to see some street justice, jails do have to provide a safe environment for their inmates.
If not then I could see lawsuits galore.

They'll get to him anyway, sooner or later.

He can't avoid the realities of incarceration for ever.

I'm fairly sure there are a few lifers in Colo jails who are dads or grandads, just rubbing their hands together and drawing straws for when they can give ARS a taste of his own medicine.

Kiddie rapers can hand it out, but are not very good at taking it.

He will spend the rest of his life shaking in fear...just like poor little Jessica did...but he won't have the release of death to look forward to for many, many years.

:rocker:

This is probably not actually true. Because they seem to segregate the real sickos, the one's that prey on children, for their own "protection".

But, we'll see. Someone did manage to get Dahmer.

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com...dgeway-suspect-one-first-through-new-juvenile

If he is convicted as a minor charged as an adult, Sigg faces life in prison with the possibility of parole after 40 years on a single first-degree murder charge. Convictions on the additional charges would lengthen the sentence, Dvorchak said.

District Attorney Scott Storey declined to say what charges Sigg will likely face but said charging Sigg as an adult is "the right thing to do." As a 17-year-old, Sigg can be tried and, if convicted, punished as an adult in the case. But after U.S. Supreme Court rulings in other cases, he would not be eligible for the death penalty or a mandatory life term without parole.

I just want to clarify again, just in case: The supreme court held that mandatory life without parole sentences for minors are unconstitutional - that means a law that mandates that a judge sentences a minor to LWOP, is unconstitutional.

However, a law that ALLOWS a judge to sentence a minor to LWOP is NOT unconstitutional. Minors can still be sentenced to LWOP under the SCOTUS ruling.

Could AS have been watching *advertiser censored* on his cell phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx