CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

He attended Warren Tech North:

The boy who sat next to her in the forensic science class at Warren Tech North last spring was nice,

Read more: Classmates: Ridgeway suspect fascinated by crime-scene forensics - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...inated-by-crime-scene-forensics#ixzz2B2csrR3U
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

In regards to the *advertiser censored* addiction counseling I am wondering if this could have been in a church setting. Several years ago I had a neighbor whom I'd grown very close to who went to our mega church and she confided in me her husband was in counseling through a church program for *advertiser censored* addiction. She stated that everything on their home computer was closely monitored by his counselor.

I can tell you this man was predatory because he started to sexually harass me to the point I felt afraid he was capable of sexually assaulting me. Thankfully after I threatened to tell his wife he went and confessed everything to his counselor and even admitted he had thoughts of attacking me. It was an awful time for me as this affected my marriage and friendship with his wife obviously but wanted to bring it up as some churches do recognize it as an addiction.

RE: ]In regards to the *advertiser censored* addiction counseling I am wondering if this could have been in a church setting
Prolly so, georgiagirl... Usually associated with political campaign contributions.. MOO

I really wish you would post a link for successful change of venue motions in Colorado. I think you will find that although almost always motions are filed, yet seldom granted...

http://www.mlive.com/news/flint/index.ssf/2012/01/change_of_venue_granted_in_gen.html

Change of venue granted in Genesee County for first time in 20 years, officials say
It has a little twist, though. While jurors will be from St. Clair County and hear opening statements there, jurors will be bused to Genesee County to hear witness testimony. Leyton said it would be more convienent for witnesses this way. A cost for the trial wasn’t immediately available.

I agree about the change of venue because CO issues gag orders.

Your link isn't to a CO case. As I said ... stick to CO. and not MI or Florida or anywhere else.

You're knowledge of coyotes in CO and NM is really lacking. JMO

Lawdy. So much misinformation being posted here: (not you Emily)

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2012/10/25/classmates-describe-austin-sigg-as-smart-strange/

Murder suspect Austin Sigg was a mortuary science major at Arapahoe Community College in Littleton

Before that:
Sigg attended Warren Tech at the same time as Standley Lake High School. Sigg did not receive a diploma from Jefferson County Schools, however he did complete the GED program and received a certificate.

Posting part A without part B = confusion. Give the link for all to read without taking parts out. TIA.

Gosh. I need to go to bed. I'm getting grumpy. Sorry.

I guess I'm not understanding what you mean?

There was discussion about how close AS would have been to the body found in Wheat Ridge and posted a map showing the distance between AS's home, Warren Tech in Lakewood (which is past Wheat Ridge), and the body found in Wheat Ridge.

I was just wondering what campus he went to because the Arvada campus is actually closer to where the body was found in Wheat Ridge. That's all. In all honesty, I don't see any misinformation :waitasec:

It's very possible it's a coyote. Around 10 years ago, there was a scare here in the southern area of denver. These cats were ending up dead, and lots of them. So everyone thought it was a serial cat killer. It ended up being coyotes. I remember this well because of all times my cat decided to take a 3 day vacation (to who knows where!) was during this. She came back and was fine, but I was freaking out thinking some lunatic was scoping out cats and killing them.

I love cats, even though I have four of the little beasties. It makes me sad that there are so many indoor/outdoor cats and feral cats. Cats allowed outdoors wreak havoc on songbird populations and they become prey for other animals.

I love coyotes, too. Had one living literally in my backyard for over 5 years. She has disappeared and a red fox has taken over this part of her territory (a fine fellow he is, too). Coyotes are a necessary part of the ecosystem and they are beautiful as well.

Now that the red fox has moved in, though, I have a terrible dilemma: I'm beginning to see feral and dumped cats. I wish I could take them all in but I just can't. The current inhabitants wouldn't like it and we can support the current pack (4 cats and 2 dogs), no more.

It was easier, emotionally, on me when I never saw them. <sigh>

The boy who sat next to her in the forensic science class at Warren Tech North last spring was nice,

Read more: Classmates: Ridgeway suspect fascinated by crime-scene forensics - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...inated-by-crime-scene-forensics#ixzz2B2csrR3U
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

He DID and didn't graduate. He's been attending community college since AUG 2012
your link:
Jacqueline Miller, who shared a Psychology 101 class with Sigg at Arapahoe Community College, remembered that when the semester began in August, the instructor asked students about their majors. Sigg, she recalled, announced that his major was mortuary science.

Here are some killers that had their trials moved in Colorado:

Dan Probasco
Jennifer Reali & Brian Hood
Kevin Moore
Marcus Fernandez
Lester Nortonsen
Nathan Dunlap
Quintin Wortham
Jill Coit & Michael Bakus
Johnny & Sonny Lee

The most recent case I can find was 2001.

Thanks for the link and the confirmation on which campus he attended. Was just curious.....carry on :)

Duh, I just noticed that you said NORTH campus. So he was going to the Arvada campus, which was closer to the location where the body was found in Wheat Ridge.

Some do, some don't. The incident above was a coyote(s) and they left the cats. I've also seen dead animals laying around. I live near a high population of coyotes area.

Your experience is the same as mine, watching the coyote queen who lived in my backyard.

This was a good place for her since there's a grain bin at the back of the property, so a constant supply of mice. Judging from her droppings, mice weren't her favourite food but she'd take them if there was nothing else (she also liked corn itself). In good times, she quite often ate the best parts of her prey and left the rest.

Suburbia would be a rich environment for a coyote. Humans are generally so generous about throwing out so much food without securing it and in just plain dropping so much food. Plus, there's all the smaller scavengers attracted by the human trash. So I can easily believe that coyotes in suburbia would tend to eat only what they wanted from prey and leave what they didn't want.

I've seen mostly dead rabbits. They seem to be plenty of them so I guess that would be why. And when I lived at my old place, every single night I'd hear the coyotes howling outside my windows.

Some friends said Austin Reed Sigg was described as a shy, loner who's won awards in student crime scene investigation competitions. Some said he was very nice, sweet, while some folks described him as evil, and others said he was mesmerized with death..

http://www.garylavergne.com/burntOrange-spring2010-Davis.pdf

Gary Lavergne's interview with Kenneth McDuff..

Gary Lavergne sits quietly in a small metal chair in a steel gray
room, two prison guards behind him. He had arranged for this
meeting a month before. "Would you guys mind calling my wife
every hour or so?" he asked the guards, his voice tinged with the
slightest Cajun accent.
"He was easily the most evil person I've ever encountered,"
Lavergne said. "With him it was an entire presence, like there was a
third presence in the room

I agree about the change of venue because CO issues gag orders.

Your link isn't to a CO case. As I said ... stick to CO. and not MI or Florida or anywhere else.

You're knowledge of coyotes in CO and NM is really lacking. JMO

Yes gag orders are normally issued in states without transparency/sunshine due to the magnitude of cases; victim totals..

The only CO change of venue that I could locate was:

Venue and the Oklahoma City Bombing Case legal definition of ...
legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Venue+and+the+Oklahoma+C...Therefore, Matsch ordered a change of venue to Denver, Colorado. Though he acknowledged that the victims of the bombing wished to attend the trials and that ...

and it wasn't a Colorado case.....

Post a link of a high profile CO case, if you can find one, Ransom ...

I don't have a link, but someone stated that there is 120sq ft of finished basement area. The window well(s) could be on the right side of the house (if you are looking at the front of the house) because this is where the basement is located, but there have been no pics available to be able to see any window wells :(

Someone had posted photos that couldn't be linked so they were removed. There was a pretty close up pic that showed the back left side of the house where there was a little patio/sitting area underneath the windows where the kitchen would be and there could have been a window well there also. I'm going to go back and look and see if it's still posted.
Third picture at this link shows a little bit under the deck: http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/photos-police-search-home-suv-of-jessica-ridgeways-suspected-killer/
It looks as though there is either a large window or a door opening from the basement to the back yard.

Yes gag orders are normally issued in states without transparency/sunshine due to the magnitude of cases; victim totals..

The only CO change of venue that I could locate was:

Venue and the Oklahoma City Bombing Case legal definition of ...
legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Venue+and+the+Oklahoma+C...Therefore, Matsch ordered a change of venue to Denver, Colorado. Though he acknowledged that the victims of the bombing wished to attend the trials and that ...

and it wasn't a Colorado case.....

Post a link of a high profile case, if you can find one,Ransom ...

Look above. I posted quite a few cases...

Third picture at this link shows a little bit under the deck: http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/photos-police-search-home-suv-of-jessica-ridgeways-suspected-killer/
It looks as though there is either a large window or a door opening from the basement to the back yard.

That is one of the ones posted earlier, thanks. There was another one also that showed the back left side of the house.

The large window or door you are speaking of is a sliding glass door leading from a ground level family room.

So a garage door (sheet metal?) would have a hole cut to install a cat door? Garage doors are expensive ... I don't know if I would mess with one for a cat. It makes so much more sense to me to put a cat door in the screen porch door.

There's also the "fire factor," I remember being told by an inspector that if we cut the door between the garage and the house it'd eliminate the fire barrier.

Pat Brown said&#8230;(LUV this Quote)
We could use a strong accountability system not dependent on appeals, but rather oversight. The public/citizens have a right to know exactly how decisions are made and cases are handled.

It does not have to be in the midst of the case but certainly afterward there should be transparency. If there isn&#8217;t, how can we address issues of corruption, incompetance, and error? We need to know in order to fix problems and hold people accountable for what is supposed to be work done on behalf of the citizens.

Somehow &#8220;the interest of the state&#8221; seems to preclude the citizenry which is odd considering the state IS the citizenry, well, at least in a democratic republic with a constitution.

WOW.. Cats have few predators... Coyotes or Foxes can't climb trees...

Actually foxes are pretty good at climbing trees. Search for "fox climbing tree" and you will find a number of videos showing them doing it. Apparently coyotes also climb trees - there are videos of that, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member