CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought the neighbor said that the cat was cut in half. That doesn't sound like the coyotes we have.

Yes, the cat was found "cut in half".

Clark Bechtel, a park ranger and retired Marine who lives across from the Siggs, said that around Oct. 15, FBI agents began knocking on doors, interviewing residents and asking them about their neighbors.
An agent called Bechtel's employer to check up on him and cross him off their list.

"They were walking up and down the street, gathering lists of people like myself, peeking in backyards and cars," Bechtel said. "You just felt a blanket."
Last summer, their cat Chewie disappeared. They later found him cut in half along the footpath that runs behind their house. There's no telling what happened to the beloved family pet, but it's the type of incident that leapt to mind when they heard Jessica had been dismembered.
Bechtel told police about it.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...have-spurred-mom-suspect-austin#ixzz2B2wxh2yN

The jury will hear everything ... but there is a gag order preventing the pre-trial release of the details of the investigation.

Few Jurors hear the whole truth...

Is Pat Brown an investigator or lawyer in Westminster?

This case is transparent. A child was abducted, remains were found, a suspect was arrested, additional remains were found, the case involves a teenager that will be tried as an adult ... and for the rest ... I guess we'll have to wait until there is a trial or he pleads out.

Exactly which "interest" is being compromised? What is the state interest and what role does complete transparency in prosecution play in that?

The Silent Epidemic of missing/murdered victims has no geographical boundaries...

Public Safety. 'Without Public Safety for our Families, Friends, and Loved ones, we have nothing'....

"Silence by LE & the Justice System is the Predators most Lethal Weapon"...

Every Year the Families of the Missing/Murdered grows larger & larger...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN878keA6K0"]CUE Center National Conference-2010 - YouTube[/ame]

That is one of the ones posted earlier, thanks. There was another one also that showed the back left side of the house.

The large window or door you are speaking of is a sliding glass door leading from a ground level family room.

Is this the photo you are looking for EmilyB?

102412h2.jpg

From case archive - crankycrankerson's Library
http://s296.beta.photobucket.com/us... Ridgeway -CO-/102412h2.jpg.html?sort=6&o=55

Can you make anything out of these floorplans?

nov1floorplans.jpg

Not at 3 AM, sorry :crosseyed: It just looks like an etch-a-sketch to me right now. I think it's past time for me to :eek:fftobed:

I will try tomorrow though...promise!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujg-VNyYKuE"]Jessica Ridgeway Tribute - YouTube[/ame]
RIP in Peace Jessica Ridgeway...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip1QV6rvEdw&feature=related"]In Memory of Jessica Ridgeway - YouTube[/ame]

WOW.. Cats have few predators... Coyotes or Foxes can't climb trees...

Actually, grey fox do climb trees. And I've seen coyote hair caught in the bark of a tree higher than I could reach; I estimate it was more than 7 foot off the ground.

Dogs can climb trees, too. Many years ago I was in my then-backyard with all my dogs and I suddenly realised I couldn't see one. I looked around, couldn't find her. Then I happened to glance up into the ornamental plum tree. She was easily 9 feet off the ground, quite calmly wedged into the fork of the tree and picking off the tiny plums to eat. I said her name in disbelief and she looked down at me, then calmly dropped her hind feet down to the lowest branch of the tree, pivoted and dropped out of the tree.

I know coon hunters who have had to get ladders to get their coonhound out of a tree.

In the case of cats, if the cat knows it is being stalked and if it is near a tree, it will head up a tree. However, the whole point of stalking prey is that the prey doesn't realise until too late that there is a predator around.

Then you look at someone like Baumgartner, and he did the opposite. He was responsible for male homicides ... might have been Illinois ... not sure.

Could you give me a first name? A quick google on Baumgartner murder is all about a member of a gang that robbed an armored truck in Alberta Canada and killed three of the security guards. Doesn't seem to fit your comment above.

Folks I think we're going to have to move on from the cats/coyote/foxes climbing/not climbing trees. I don't think it has anything to do with Jessica's case at all.

The jury will hear everything ... but there is a gag order preventing the pre-trial release of the details of the investigation.

Thank you. I am aware of this.

Not at 3 AM, sorry :crosseyed: It just looks like an etch-a-sketch to me right now. I think it's past time for me to :eek:fftobed:

I will try tomorrow though...promise!
although I'm sure someone else can easily read all of the floorplan I can identify a few features like the spiral staircase, the fireplace and what I believe is the sliding glass door under the deck on the level 2 image. But I don't see a window represented in the image of the area under the deck.

What about Clear Creek? Is that within a safe distance from his comfor zone ... for perhaps a first offense - which is usually farther from home. As comfort (getting away with it) settles in, the crimes are committed closer and closer to home. He is so bold that I wonder how that happened if it didn't happen during another ciminal act.

The Clear Creek one may be more likely, even more so than the earlier Ketner Lake attempt. I'm still not convinced. MSM never really covered much about the Clear Creek woman, I don't feel educated on that one hardly at all.

This is a great depiction of the house. My sister lives in Colorado and has a house like this. When you walk in the front door, you walk into the "formal" living room. About 10 feet from the front door on the left are stairs that lead up to the bedrooms. When you get to the top of those stairs there is a small hallway. To the right is the Master bedroom which leads to the doors and deck at the back of the house. The master bedroom has a full bath. To the left and at the front of the house (with the two small windows) are two small bedrooms. There is also a full bath off of the hallway to the left. Back to the formal living room: As you walk forward there is the kitchen at the back of the house. A wall separates the kitchen and formal living room. There are windows in the picture where the kitchen is. To the left (right after the short stairs that lead upstairs) there is a short set of stairs that leads down to the family room with has the fireplace. There is a railing in the kitchen so that you can look down into the living room. The sliding glass door opens from the living room to the backyard. If you enter from the garage: When you pull in the garage, to get in the house there are three steps that lead up to the door. When you walk in this door you are in the living room. TO THE RIGHT is a door to the basement. There is a full set of stairs that lead down to the basement. In my sisters house there is ANOTHER door at the bottom of the stairs. The basement in my sister's house is unfinished except for her son's "man cave" which is a big bedroom with a door. Also in the basement is the furnace and the washer and dryer, which is walled off from the larger room that is the man cave. The basement is plumbed for a bathroom. My sister doesn't have a bathroom yet but plans on putting one in. Maybe Austin's house does?. Off of the side of the room that has the man cave there is a small door to the crawl space. It is about 4 ft tall. The entire basement area is UNDER the part of the house which would be the formal living room and kitchen. I've never been in the crawl space (creepy), but it is in the direction of where the living room with fireplace is. I don't think it is as big as that room though. When I did look in, it looked to go back about 10 ft. In the basement there is also a sump pump hole (basically a hole in the concrete about 14 inches across) that is to prevent flooding. They are common in Colorado. That all being said....My sister has no idea what her son is doing in the basement and CAN NOT hear him down there either. I have been thinking a lot about this since Jessica....and I am pretty sure my nephew could have someone in the basement and my sister (who is a single parent) would not even know.

You just described EXACTLY how I think this house is built... b/c it from the outside is the same floorplan as the house my best friend at the time lived in just a few streets over (1980's).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member