CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct. 2012 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the urge to look for other victims but I remain convinced that Jessica was AS first human kill.

ARS is accused of the Ketner Park attempt, which LE believe was the same perp as an earlier failed Ketner Park attempt way back in June/July 2010 IIRC.

That's over 2 years ago so if he's 17 now, he was only 15 in 2010. I wonder if somehow his parents knew/suspected his activities and that is why the "sexual addiction counselling" started at 15?

This kid has been active for a very long time...and from a very young age.

I can't help but think that there have been blind eyes turned by a lot of people. You don't just get up one day and attempt to kidnap a grown adult when you're 15 unless there has been some serious escalation beforehand.

Thank God his mother turned him in this time.

Questions need to be asked about his past, and the adults in his past, about who knew what when.

Did his parents/counsellor KNOW about the 2010 attempt? And if so, should they be prosecuted for not reporting this crime?

:banghead:

The 2010 assault at Ketner Park has not been connected with the 2012 case that is connected with Austin through DNA.

sigg-home.jpg

link http://cbsdenver.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/sigg-home.jpg

That looks like an exterior light.

BBM-Ironic isn't it/

Wondered what you all are thinking. Will he and his Attorneys seek a LWOP plea deal?

That's the worst that he can get, given the age thing. LWOP would be no deal for him... But that's what, IMO, he should get. I hope he'll go for it, but if he has a decent attorney, the atty. won't let him. And further, wasn't it said that he couldn't get LWOP due to his age? What penalty is just under that in Colorado?

Thinking about a trial -- how awful that would be for everyone. This thing is a very bad one. But I don't see the State settling for anything less than LWOP or whatever the max is for his age... Give him 40 years, if that's the max, and stack a bunch of consecutives in front of it. That's what judges do to really sock it to 'em in NC. If a burglary and a rape and 1st degree murder (LWOP), the guilty one serves the lesser sentences first, and LWOP (or 40 years in this case) is the last one that will be served. That'll usually do it for well beyond one's likely lifetime.

Just thinkin' about it all...

The case that I'm curious about is the one from ... was it Cold Creek? A young woman that was jogging near a river was found dead under suspicious circumstances. I don't think it was all that long ago.

I've been thinking about this:

"According to a source, when Sigg confessed to kidnapping and killing the little girl, he told police he didn’t receive the joy from it that he thought he would, so he went further." (link)

Why would he say that it brought him no joy? Did he expect that? Is it possible that he thought he would get some sort of thrill from watching someone die? The attempted murder was in the middle of the day, and he certainly had no way to take her home unnoticed at that time of day. The park is fairly open, so ... was his plan to murder her in the park? That is what happened to the other jogger. Anyone recall the name of the victim?

I started driving at 8! got my first ticket at 11 on the I-5 freeway in Arizona! didn't get my real driver's license until 20-just cause I saw no point. I was pulled over many many times before I got my license and the only time I got a ticket was when I was 11. And what is more amazing is I only drove a stick shift. To be fair I grew up in the 80's, no supervision at all and access to keys and cars in the unlocked garage. I'm lucky to be alive.

The case that I'm curious about is the one from ... was it Cold Creek? A young woman that was jogging near a river was found dead under suspicious circumstances. I don't think it was all that long ago.

snipped

Are you talking about the woman found in Clear Creek (Wheat Ridge county, CO)? She was found dead 6/29/2011 in the water.

She was ID on 6/30/2012. I gave the link up above to Wheat Ridge PD website.

I think this is getting close to what the back of the house might look like. Thanks to those that added details.

Ertirely Speculative, but ...

Behind the patio doors are stairs going to the basement, where the furnace, hot water tank and washer/dryer may be. Officially, only 120 square feet are developed. From there, it is possible to get to the crawl space either through a half door, or around behind the utilities.

The crawl space is under the garage, and it's possible that the fireplace can be accessed from the crawl space ... don't know.

There's a second stair going up to the kitchen, living room, dining, front door area.

Nov1_RearPersp.jpg

I believe ARS has close family in Greeley.

:dunno:

Nope. Looked at the genealogy links/ancestry. Not the same. IMO. Plus, innocent family members are off limits.

Austin Sigg has been charged. We have to wait.

I started driving at 8! got my first ticket at 11 on the I-5 freeway in Arizona! didn't get my real driver's license until 20-just cause I saw no point. I was pulled over many many times before I got my license and the only time I got a ticket was when I was 11. And what is more amazing is I only drove a stick shift. To be fair I grew up in the 80's, no supervision at all and access to keys and cars in the unlocked garage. I'm lucky to be alive.

I think it had more to do with growing up in Arizona than growing up in the 80s! JMO

I just read in George W. Bush's autobiography that he had his license at 14 (apparently legal driving age in Texas at that time!), and did get in crashes driving around by himself at that age. I have a 14-year-old boy myself, and I CANNOT imagine him out driving! But, then, I am scared to death teaching our almost 18-year-old to drive, and he is a good driver!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

"According to a source, when Sigg confessed to kidnapping and killing the little girl, he told police he didn’t receive the joy from it that he thought he would, so he went further." (link)

Why would he say that it brought him no joy? Did he expect that? Is it possible that he thought he would get some sort of thrill from watching someone die? The attempted murder was in the middle of the day, and he certainly had no way to take her home unnoticed at that time of day. The park is fairly open, so ... was his plan to murder her in the park? That is what happened to the other jogger. Anyone recall the name of the victim?

It’s obvious his motivation was not just to experience joy at taking the life of this child. He left out the part of sexually assaulting her and didn’t add much as to the “joy” he got out of dismembering her and most likely torturing her as well. I really don’t believe his account of what he says happened. IMO he thoroughly thought out what he planned to do to her well in advance of the abduction. Always just MOO.

Obviously there are many things that are possible....

It is possible that AS was able to drive to all these various crimes in Fort Morgan, Colorado Springs, Golden, Wheat Ridge, Greeley, etc.
It is possible that AS was familiar with these locations even though MSM reports that AS was pretty much raised in his neighborhood in Westminster.

I am sure that the various LE agencies know about the crime scenes, and anything left behind by the perpetrator(s), and LE has probably checked to see if there is a tie to AS for any of these crimes.

Since LE has not offically linked him to anything other than Jessica and the Ketner Lake jogger, I think don't think its likely he's involved in any of these other crimes.

MOO

Just a sidebar on the driving/DL discussion...I was driving at 13, even took my DM to work daily. Didn't get a license until 18, so it is do-able (sp).

It was doable for me too, back in the day. I lived in the boonies and no one cared. I didn't live in the Denver Metro-Plex of about 2 million people. Big difference NOW, IMO.

I think it had more to do with growing up in Arizona than growing up in the 80s! JMO

I just read in George W. Bush's autobiography that he had his license at 14 (apparently legal driving age in Texas at that time!), and did get in crashes driving around by himself at that age. I have a 14-year-old boy myself, and I CANNOT imagine him out driving! But, then, I am scared to death teaching our almost 18-year-old to drive, and he is a good driver!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

While not the norm, you can get your license between the ages of 14 and 18. but, there are certain restrictions and certain criteria applicable. Living in the wild west of Texas, I can see that happening for Pres Bush. We live in E. Texas and my grandson who is 13 has been driving for a couple of years. Not in town, but on the country roads in the area. He can also drive a tractor and a back end loader. Very helpful around the place. jmo

I believe ARS has close family in Greeley.

:dunno:

:what: :what: :what: :what:

Really? I missed that somehow.

I followed the Kayleah Wilson story pretty closely.

Do you happen to recall where you saw that AS had connections to Greeley?

Thanks

Not so sure about the oven though. Is it common to have an oven built in like that in CO? Where I live it'd be rare, so just wondering.
Snipped for space.

Maybe that vent is for a furnace rather than an oven? A logical place for a furnace would be in an equipment/utility room off the garage and venting it next to the fireplace flue would make sense.

Pure guess on my part.

Hadn't read this article before...

Jessica’s suspected killer attended ACC

October 24, 2012

Excerpt: "Martin said he didn’t really know Sigg, but he seemed very smart when he spoke up in class. He only remembers him being absent one time, and it was well before the murder. Afterward, there didn’t seem to be any change in his demeanor, said Martin.

“He seemed confident,” said Martin.

Martin occasionally saw Sigg hanging out on campus with an informal group of “Magic: The Gathering” players. It’s a fantasy card game with a cult following, similar to the “Dungeons and Dragons” phenomenon of years past. Otherwise, he didn’t obviously belong to any particular clique, said Martin, adding that Sigg normally dressed in jeans and T-shirts of various colors.

http://www.ourcoloradonews.com/cent...cle_9f5effb6-1e4e-11e2-abf0-0019bb2963f4.html

Has law enforcement actually tied him to the 2010 attempt? Maybe they have reason to believe he was involved and just don't have enough to charge him with it.

Or, could it be, that he heard about the 2010 attempt and did a copycat in 2012?

Speculation: I think this is very possible. He may have heard of the 2010 attempt and it triggered speculation and fantasy, then he tried it for himself in 2012 and discovered that he couldn't overcome an adult woman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redcedarblue