CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to apologize for posting that pic. I am removing it now...but anyone who quoted it will need to do the same.

Don't feel bad. Some of us never saw what others did, even when zooming and 20/10 vision. :dunno:

Also, I think the rest of the country needs to follow Westminster PD's lead. This police force has astonished me in how well they have handled this investigation. They weren't perfect, of course, but they are one of the most impressive ones I have seen. From their use of Twitter, daily pressers, show of unity and numbers with officers out there searching, quarantining the trash from the neighborhood, blockading the family's neighborhood tonight, searching all those homes and vehicles through the roadblocks, the automated calls the local residents got Friday evening about Jessica being missing and so many other things impressed me. Great job, Westminster PD.

Also, I think the rest of the country needs to follow Westminster PD's lead. This police force has astonished me in how well they have handled this investigation. They weren't perfect, of course, but they are one of the most impressive ones I have seen. From their use of Twitter, daily pressers, show of unity and numbers with officers out there searching, quarantining the trash from the neighborhood, blockading the family's neighborhood tonight, searching all those homes and vehicles through the roadblocks, the automated calls the local residents got Friday evening about Jessica being missing and so many other things impressed me. Great job, Westminster PD.

It certainly seems like they were very proactive and maybe, just maybe, all the attention, FB, Twitter, etc. is what kept things progressing so quickly.

I just want to apologize for posting that pic. I am removing it now...but anyone who quoted it will need to do the same.

Don't apologize. No one knew what would show up in the photo. Hugs

Although I want to hope it isn't her, I think that since the body was found in a different jurisdiction, and Westminister LE made the announcment there was a body found and there would be a press conference at 6:30am, it's probably her. :(

I have to go to sleep with a heavier heart (it's always heavy for Elizabeth and Lyric), everyone hug their kids an extra time tomorrow for all the kids who are gone too soon.

Look at the map.

IF this is Jessica's body, then the perp is drawing a kind of rectangle around the area Jessica lives.

I believe he lives close to Jessica's house and is deliberately doing his best to draw LE attention away from Jessica's neighbourhood.

If there are any of Jessica's possessions unaccounted for, be prepared for them to be found in other areas as well. When Jessica's father talked about what an emotional blow it was for them when her backpack was found... well, I don't think he wants to give up that power unless he has to.

I'm probably wrong and I hope I am.

I just looked at 2 of the maps! :what: I think you're right (along with cluciano )about the perk living close by and likely trying to take the focus away. The map locations of body, backpack and body found is certainly interesting.

Don't feel bad... you didn't do it on purpose.

And my mind was probably playing tricks on me, since I just looked at my own baby girl's legs, curled up asleep in her soft, warm bed as I tucked her in..... just where Jessica should be.

God.... please.... how long can we stand the evil?

Abc News has confirmed the body is Jessica's.

Via EvanABC17 on twitter.

I just lit a candle and put it in my window. I know it might be too late for those of you not on the west coast to see this post, but if you'd like to join me, please do so. A warm, bright light for Jessica and her family through the night.

Fly with the angels Jessica and so many here tonight have heavy hearts,hoping you were going to be found and ok. My prayers for you and your family for what they have to face
life will never be the same.

Oh man,...I just came online to check my email and right there on the front lines was the headline. This is just heartbreaking.... I'm going to go curl up next to my daughter and just thank the Gods that she's safe and sound. So sorry to read this.

And to all of you who are feeling the pain as well, *Hugs* and positive thoughts are going out to you!

http://www.examiner.net/news/x173946001/Vigil-for-Jessica
Independence Mo local newspaper.

The case has attracted national attention, and on Wednesday evening, Jessica’s network of extended family and friends – many of whom have never met the little girl – held a candlelight vigil at Independence’s McCoy Park.

Even children Jessica’s age are feeling the effects of the missing child. Sisters Brindisi Mayer, 8, and Lorelei Mayer, 10, attended the vigil with their mother after hearing about Jessica’s case on the news Tuesday. Lorelei wrote out a prayer for Jessica on loose-leaf notebook paper, saying that she is concerned about the girl her age who lives two states away.

“I really want to go everywhere to find this girl,” Lorelei said. “It makes me a little bit upset that someone would actually take an innocent little girl.”

Says the note, from one girl to another, “I am praying for your family and daughter. God is with her always and angels are guarding her.”

Although we don't have our official MSM link, it looks like heaven has a new angel named Jessica. Before I run off to bed, I want to give you all a big hug. :grouphug:

And don't forget to pray for Jessica's family and friends. They need our support so much right now. :candle:

Body found near attempted abduction cases
11:19 PM, Oct 10, 2012

ARVADA - The field where a body was found Wednesday is just a few miles from where two attempted child abductions prompted a warning from the Jefferson County School District in September.

Westminster police announced Wednesday that a body was discovered during the search for missing 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway.

The body was discovered in the Pattridge Park open space at West 82nd Avenue and Quaker Street in Arvada. Police can't confirm if the body found was Jessica.

Just a few miles south of there, The Jefferson County School District sent letters to parents in September warning them of suspicious incidents involving young children

http://www.9news.com/news/article/293888/339/Body-found-near-attempted-abduction-cases

Such sad news, I was so hopeful for little Jessica's safe return. When are these monsters going to stop taking our children? :(

RIP beautiful girl, may you rest in the arms of the angels. :rose:

(((Websleuthers)))) We have stayed the course to find little Jessica. While it is certainly not the way we wanted it to go, at least there will be some resolution for her family and friends. I am heartbroken, for sure.
I pray we can all stick together until the terrible criminal, who has taken this sweet child, can be found and brought to justice.
Rest In Peace, Jessica....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members