CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporters are talking about this case right now.

This is a bulletin -- with a suspect SKETCH -- released after attempted abductions in the area last year.

http://arvada.org/pages/arvada-police-release-composite-sketch-in-child-abduction-attempts

I saw that sketch when the previous attempts were mention a while back in the thread. I had a quick look at the RSO database (that is a bit of a novelty to a Brit), randomly clicked on a name who was listed as living in Arvada and it looked like a straight match. Beginners luck? wishful thinking? I don't know, but I am pretty sure I cannot post what I saw!

I have been silently following Jessica's case and wanting her to be found so badly. I've said many, many prayers for she and her family. It breaks my heart that it is believed to be her little body that was located.

I was just checking the news and saw an article. If it is Jessica, may she rest in Heavenly peace and may GB her family and friends.

I have done the same.
I follow many cases here, sometimes I comment and other times I don't.

When is stuff like this EVER going to end?

Every case I follow, I explain to our 2 children, 14 year old boy and 12 year old girl, and tell them, this is why your mom and dad, never have you out of our sight.

I understand it can happen to anyone, even at school, etc, but I do try and let them know to make sure to be aware of their surroundings at all times.

I hope I do my best, and that's all I can do.

If I had an answer to stop this kind of stuff, I would, but in today's environment, it's just so hard, so I do my best to inform my children to be safe.

This is a bulletin -- with a suspect SKETCH -- released after attempted abductions in the area last year.

http://arvada.org/pages/arvada-police-release-composite-sketch-in-child-abduction-attempts

Could it be that this predator returns to this area each Fall? Last Fall a string of attempted abductions and now this year, again in the Fall, there is another string of attempted/successful abductions?

I keep think about WA is not that far from Colorado, not in the big picture.

Hello all,

I'm doing my best to catch up, but I wanted to make a personal request. I'm unsure if it'll make a difference at all, but before any more is posted I thought I'd ask.

Can we please refrain from including photos of what may or may not include photos which contain any part of a body? Linking to them is OK, but including them on this thread so that I am forced to see them should I simply want to read the news is offensive to me. These images affect me in ways I do not wish to talk about, so if at all possible, can we simply link to these only?

Thanks so much for your respect. I'm hoping I don't come across any in the next 6-7 pages I have left to read from over night.

I'm a Christian, but at times like this I have a lot of questions for God.

You're not alone in feeling this way.

So sad! Seems like it is her. So sick of these sadistic people! How can anyone do this to a precious child?! Hope justice is swift so this sicko can never hurt another soul.

I saw that sketch when the previous attempts were mention a while back in the thread. I had a quick look at the RSO database (that is a bit of a novelty to a Brit), randomly clicked on a name who was listed as living in Arvada and it looked like a straight match. Beginners luck? wishful thinking? I don't know, but I am pretty sure I cannot post what I saw!

I'd like to see it. Why don't you contact a mod and ask as it may be ok since he is an RSO.

I quit teaching in '08, taught 5th grade for years and Jessica is in 5th grade so this is really heartbreaking for me. At the beginning of each school year, I would map out and print RSO's locations in the neighborhoods and send to the parents of the students who walked to/from school. The parents were so grateful for the info. I mapped my own neighborhood and was surprised at the number of RSO's living nearby! It's scary!

moo

wm

I've been looking at the Google Streetview shots, based on the co-ordinates given back a few pages and I really don't know how a body could have been lying there for any length of time without being spotted before - probably not by a car but anything higher would see over the long grass.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Quaker+Ct,+Arvada,+CO,+United+States&hl=en&ll=39.846737,-105.208715&spn=0.000602,0.000603&sll=52.8382,-2.327815&sspn=10.932975,19.753418&oq=quaker+arvada&t=h&hnear=Quaker+Ct,+Arvada,+Jefferson,+Colorado+80007,+United+States&z=21&layer=c&cbll=39.846737,-105.208715&panoid=15NQ3lN6uqCOQ8ADaXTobw&cbp=12,5.39,,0,-15.79

But, see that broken tree to the right of the crime scene? If you zoom out of streetview and back to the overhead shot, there is a similar looking tree to the left. I wonder if that could have been dragged to provide some camouflage?

I should add as a disclaimer, I'm not all that good with maps. Maybe I should have said that at the start?

I had really gotten my hopes up that Jessica was in Maine. I don't know why I felt that way, because I have read the statistics, etc. Jessica reminds me of my daughter, who is 11 and has similar coloring and wears glasses. In one article I read, her parents talked about how she liked to make "nests" in her bed out of pillows and stuffed animals. My daughter likes to make nests too.
This whole thing just makes me sick. How dare someone take someone else's child, do God knows what to them, then murder them? Harming a child is just incomprehensible to me.

Kenny Holmes 7News ‏@KHOLMESlive
UPDATE: press conference has been pushed back to 6:45 am. Stand by. @DenverChannel #jessicaridgeway #7NEWS

Can't hurt to forward the name to LE, just in case it's someone they haven't thought of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member