CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is Jessica...at least she may have been found in time for forensics, etc. and also...at least she was found.

I lost sound right after they announced a body found. Did they say much more?

No. He didn't take any questions. Processing the crime scene and will update tomorrow morning at 6:30.

I saw 2 reporters no sherrif.
They said active crime scene now.......

I do not think they would do a press con. saying a body has been found if they are not sure its Jessica, they will not come out and say its her till positive ID, but I betcha they are sure its her

think you're right, sadly.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_21744590/fbi-agents-comb-partidge-park-open-space-westy

As FBI agents comb Partridge Park open space, Westy PD calls briefing about Jessica Ridgeway

ARVADA — Westminster police information officers are being briefed and have called a press conference regarding Jessica Ridgeway, the 10 year old girl who has been missing since 8:30 a.m. Friday.
They will brief the media and public at 7:30 p.m. at the Westminster Police Department.
Dozens of federal and police investigators have been combing an area near an abandoned mining shack on the Partridge Park open space in Arvada since about 5 p.m.
FBI agents have set up a command unit in the area and are using a fire truck with its ladder extended to take photos from above.

Oh dear...sounds like all of the "tips" and "sightings" may have been for naught...and she may have been there all along.

Can anyone show where this is from the two other locales, at some point?

I think they announced because they know it's her but have to properly identify the body. But since people thought she had been sighted in Maine were inundating the police force there with false leads.

This is there way of shutting it down because they know it's her without making an official announcement.

The sighting in Maine never made any sense with the back pack showing up two days later. To me it was clear she never left the area.

And the easily identifiable nature of the car described, plus her being seen when she could have been told to lie down or disguised just didn't make any sense.

The poor family.

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
Arvada PD and Westminster PD and additional resources are working to process the crime scene. ...more... #jessicaridgeway

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
This afternoon a body was discovered near the Pattridge Park Open Space in the City of Arvada. ...more... #jessicaridgeway

They probably had to announce this, as people would notice a late-night crime scene.

Body discovered... :(

Can't make connection as of yet. Processing crime seen. Update at 6:30am tomorrow.

Near Partridge Park Open Space in Arvada.
No, no, no. Please.

And then, as in life, I have to continue to read and inhale further?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025