CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it is unusual that they would not have official ID as yet, if the body was only located late yesterday afternoon. Often, police will not confirm an identity until it has been officially done via ME. That may be happening today.

Right, they will not ID the body as Jessica until they have a postive ID.

They will not say it is Jessica just by visually observing the remains.

IMO

OK, re that sketch. I really struggled to find it again, checked all through my extensive internet history on my PC, ... then remembered I was on my laptop

The RSO in in Arvada, he has prominent lines around his eyes, clear maionette lines and older than his stated age.

http://sor.state.co.us/?SOR=offender.detail&%20&id=X002452245

Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Sketch of alleged candy offerer

1321660652_Child%20abductor%20Nov%202011.jpg

They look similar to me.

ABC News is quoting police sources saying it is Jessica. Of course they weren't going to say that at this news conf...but they could have given a little more info. IMO. BTW...I predict a quick arrest...thinking this is a local...and someone who is very sloppy....not thought out. Again...just my opinion.

Yep, a local and a young person (18-20s).

I think the main thing they wanted to confirm is a body has been found.

I think they wanted to confirm what the media has put out.

IMO

They did that last night. I think they need DNA confirmation and were hoping to have it by now, maybe?

IMO, this means the body is not readily identifiable, so they will have to wait for dental records or DNA to confirm it. I shudder to think what that means, as far as the condition she was left in :(

The searches are probably for evidence, although they may still be searching for her if they truly don't have an ID on the body.

My thoughts are that it may not be Jessica, but may be another child. They may be hopeful of finding Jessica near by or catching the guy before being forced to make the announcement. I imagine that there will be a lot of panic with a missing girl, a dead child and a guy out there trying to abduct multiple children.

ABC News is quoting police sources saying it is Jessica. Of course they weren't going to say that at this news conf...but they could have given a little more info. IMO. BTW...I predict a quick arrest...thinking this is a local...and someone who is very sloppy....not thought out. Again...just my opinion.

Has it been cool in CO since Jessica went missing? I hope so because that would slow the decompostion down. My heart aches just thinking about that but we all want justice for Jessica now that she has lost her life and cool weather could help assist the ME.

The best hope LE can have is to find DNA evidence on her little body and then that DNA profile is already in CODIS.

I have a feeling Jessica was killed shortly after being taken.

IMO

Is there multiple victims? What are the parents of other children suppose to do? Do they call in sick and keep them at home? Is there still a predator loose in the community?

"Silence by investigators is the predators most lethal weapon, without Public Safety for our Families, we have nothing"...

:star1::rose::star2::star1::rose::heartbeat::rose::star1:

They are not going to say anything until it's officially confirmed that the body is Jessica, but I feel strongly that they are pretty certain it is her.

My thoughts are that it may not be Jessica, but may be another child. They may be hopeful of finding Jessica near by or catching the guy before being forced to make the announcement. I imagine that there will be a lot of panic with a missing girl, a dead child and a guy out there trying to abduct multiple children.

Is there another child missing in that area?

I find it highly doubtful that it will be anyone else other than Jessica.

IMO

Yep, a local and a young person (18-20s).

I agree, I think they have an idea of who they are looking for and they don't want to spook their suspect. I would bet that there was DNA and other evidence on the backpack, residue of plant material for instance, that led them to do the searches they did yesterday.

I hope they do catch him, and soon, I am finding it very hard to send my daughter off to school these days.

Has it been cool in CO since Jessica went missing? I hope so because that would slow the decompostion down. My heart aches just thinking about that but we all want justice for Jessica now that she has lost her life and cool weather could help assist the ME.

The best hope LE can have is to find DNA evidence on her little body and then that DNA profile is already in CODIS.

I have a feeling Jessica was killed shortly after being taken.

IMO

Yeah, I hope they can find touch DNA or something that leads them to the killer.

If this is the same guy who was preying on children in this area a year ago, he has shown patience…unless he was away from this area for the last year.

I am not from the area. Are there others young girls missing from any nearby areas? I find it odd they wouldn't release the identity unless they are building some sort of case.

I just saw footage of the body recovery, and noticed it only took 2 men to pick up the stretcher. Makes me so very sad.

I'm streaming the local NBC coverage. I just listened to two reporters talk about not speculating and waiting for confirmation. I'm impressed, very responsible coverage.

I know that God did not do this. I was always taught that God cannot control man, but I just wish he or his angels could put themselves in between our innocent children and pure evil like this monster.

I do understand what you mean but we all know He gave us all free will to make the wrong or right decisions in our lives.

I wish He could protect everyone from evil and no one would lose their lives due to evil rearing its ugly head but it just isnt that way.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member