CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Random thoughts. Unless i missed it LE has not warned Parents to keep their children under very close watch? Speaks volumes to me. I lean to it being local and even somebody Jessica knew. Perhaps LE doesn't want to tip their hand and is watching a suspect closely. If it was somebody passing thru and a crime of opportunity wouldn't LE warn Parents? I think LE has a pretty good idea. Again some random thoughts that may be way off :moo:

Not good...the implications are that there is possibly a very dangerous, very violent and very stupid animal on the loose.

Well I hope he is stupid. Stupid is what gets predators caught.

I dont know how stupid he is but Im hoping that he is very stupid and has left evidence of himself behind.

I am hoping this is not another nomadic pedophile like Joe Duncan who moves on from state to state.

IMO

Aww...Tony (Kenia's father) just posted on Facebook about Jessica and her family. If anyone knows the agony they are feeling, it's him. :(

Most bodies are placed in a body bag to preserve evidence and to contain the odor. If it was just covered with a sheet, then that is puzzling indeed. I've never seen them carry a deceased individual from a crime scene covered with a sheet. They even sometimes put dead animals in body bags.

Hey...I hate to be gruesome but...do you know if there are as many coyotes out there as we have in our local open space?

Lots, and I wondered if animal activity led them to find the body. They were even a problem in more suburban open space where people's pets and small children were being attacked/stalked.

ETA: This area might also have lion and possibly bear traffic before the snow comes...maybe a little late for bears?

Locals your input has been so very helpful!Thank you again.

There was a child in the car, so I don't think it was drugs. Unless some dad takes his daughter with him when he does his drug dealing.
Sadly, happens all the time---busted with kids in the car---I think they think the kids are good cover.

Random thoughts. Unless i missed it LE has not warned Parents to keep their children under very close watch? Speaks volumes to me. I lean to it being local and even somebody Jessica knew. Perhaps LE doesn't want to tip their hand and is watching a suspect closely. If it was somebody passing thru and a crime of opportunity wouldn't LE warn Parents? I think LE has a pretty good idea. Again some random thoughts that may be way off :moo:

I have learned over the years that LE rarely does that anyway. Why they dont I dont know. Maybe they think their police presence is enough.

They never did alert the community in any case of a missing child that I can remember. Not in the Greone, Lunsford, Van Dam,Smart... nor Runion case to name only a few.

IMO

I thought it looked like bare feet sticking out from the end of the sheet?

The second photo down, that looks like the handle at the end they hold on to carry it and lift. Wouldn't the body have been put in a bodybag first then covered with a sheet?

GRAPHIC ALERT:
If you look at the man to the side of the stretcher, with his width with arms, sadly that's about half of the body on the stretcher. I'm wondering if the body was in one of the buildings and maybe animals took it to the side of the road. They were there for hours yesterday processing things before we saw the night photos of taking the body away. So we don't know what they found in the whole area or what was being searched on that property. That's just a thought.

This parking lot is not hidden. It appears that the car is on the access road to the back of Wal-mart (where they accept deliveries). This is actually a very busy Wal-mart with a large overnight crew.

The reason why the car was reported is because my son works the overnight crew and we talked about this case last night. Hubby is from Co, and his family still lives there.

That doesn't mean the FBI isn't. If a crime goes over state lines the FBI will take over from the local LE. Just reading between the lines!

Great point, Twall!

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
PIO Trevor Materasso will address media at 12:15 at Westminster PD to respond to a question that has been raised. #jessicaridgeway
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

they are very aware of what reporters are saying on twitter...

just sayin'

I agree, the way the searches have been conducted in Jessica's case is a far cry from what was done in the case of Lyric and Elizabeth. I know all cases are different, but I think if the Westminster PD could do so much for Jessica, why couldn't LE have done as much in Lyric and Elizabeth's case.

The blue station wagon, while an interesting development, will probably turn out to be nothing. But at least it's been located, just in case.

this case shows how important an amber alert is...the IA girls never had one and still do not since state requirements differ (lack of vehicle description). I am glad The Cousins Law petition is being brought to the IA legislature to hopefully change that.

Nothing against the mom in this case, but a day's loss of not realizing she was missing is even painful. Once they realized she was missing, LE jumped on this case and the Amber Alert put out So much awareness across the country So fast.

I really think a lot of good people pay attention to an Amber Alert.

Lots, and I wondered if animal activity led them to find the body. They were even a problem in more suburban open space where people's pets and small children were being attacked/stalked.

ETA: This area might also have lion and possibly bear traffic before the snow comes...maybe a little late for bears?

That could explain alot...

It occurs to me that Westy PD has done a really good job and the way they are holding all the info so close to vest is admirable, actually.

If keeping us all in the dark will help them find out exactly what happened, well I'll wait...

I will trust that all necessary precautions have been taken.

:please:

Which may be why there are the fences there. It may be private land right next to the open space.

Which could get tricky, they may need a land owners permission to search or a warrant. I think the body found would be along a state right of way though.

Most bodies are placed in a body bag to preserve evidence and to contain the odor. If it was just covered with a sheet, then that is puzzling indeed. I've never seen them carry a deceased individual from a crime scene covered with a sheet. They even sometimes put dead animals in body bags.

What I noticed that is the gunnery was very wide. This may just be what they use in that area.

imo

Westminster Police ‏@WestminsterPD
PIO Trevor Materasso will address media at 12:15 at Westminster PD to respond to a question that has been raised. #jessicaridgeway
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

they are very aware of what reporters are saying on twitter...

just sayin'

"Is there a killer on the loose" question perhaps?

Misty Montano ‏@MistyMontano
RT @WestminsterPD: PIO Materasso will address media at 12:15 at WestminsterPD to respond to a question that has been raised #jessicaridgeway

(wondering if it is the "is a killer on the loose" question that was just tweeted out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018