CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The story keeps getting repeated by MSM as far as intact vs dismembered.

Sources told 7NEWS, our Scripps station in Denver, that the victim had been dismembered and parts of the body are missing. Investigators said that fact is delaying the official identification of the remains.
However, police hope to have the body officially identified sometime soon and make the announcement on Friday afternoon.

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/crime/...not-intact-had-been-dismembered#ixzz291Wz3Rc6

I posted this late last night but I'm going to post it again, because it gives a good idea of what the lay of the land is in the Pattridge Park open space...it's really creepy to watch given what we now know, but some may find it interesting:

Pattridge Park on Vimeo

ETA-I think the building they are showing here is the same abandoned mine shaft near where the body was found, but I could be wrong...

I don't know why, but that was disturbing. It gave me chills.

I know we're all sick over this. It's just so awful.

What is the significance of the downed tree?
Does the grafitti on the wall have a significant meaning?

TIA

I don't think there has been any MSM stories regarding a garbage bag. There was at least one poster who believes she saw something in a black bag, but nothing to that effect has been stated by MSM or LE, to my knowledge.

I could be wrong but was sure I read this late last night from one of the news articles,but if I recall it was just a blip.
I don't read twitter so I know it didn't come from any of those sources.
I'll see if I can find it,but as Nurse posted earlier it didn't come from LE as far as I know,so take it with a grain of salt.
It may take me a bit as my PC is lagging today.

I posted this late last night but I'm going to post it again, because it gives a good idea of what the lay of the land is in the Pattridge Park open space...it's really creepy to watch given what we now know, but some may find it interesting:

Pattridge Park on Vimeo

ETA-I think the building they are showing here is the same abandoned mine shaft near where the body was found, but I could be wrong...

That is very creepy. I hope the cops have explored down there. No telling what they might find.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-10-11-14-50-32

Oct 11, 2:50 PM EDT

Police: Search continues for missing Colorado girl

bbm
Police spokesman Trevor Materasso said the body "is not intact," and that has slowed the work of identification. Materasso said no other information would be released until Friday, and he left a brief midday news conference without answering any questions.

bbm

Just for a frame of reference, re: intact vs. dismembered. And obviously it was stated the body was NOT intact, so the definition would be the opposite. From dictionary.com

in•tact
   [in-takt] Show IPA
adjective
1. not altered, broken, or impaired; remaining uninjured, sound,or whole; untouched; unblemished: The vase remained intactdespite rough handling.
2. not changed or diminished; not influenced or swayed: Despitemisfortune, his faith is still intact.
3. complete or whole, especially not castrated or emasculated.
4. having the hymen unbroken; virginal.

dis·mem·ber   [dis-mem-ber] Show IPA
verb (used with object)
1. to deprive of limbs; divide limb from limb: The ogre dismembered his victims before he ate them.
2. to divide into parts; cut to pieces; mutilate.
3. to reduce, reorganize, or discontinue the services or parts of (a company, government agency, etc.): Our business was dismembered by the conglomerate that bought it.

The story keeps getting repeated by MSM as far as intact vs dismembered.

Sources told 7NEWS, our Scripps station in Denver, that the victim had been dismembered and parts of the body are missing. Investigators said that fact is delaying the official identification of the remains.
However, police hope to have the body officially identified sometime soon and make the announcement on Friday afternoon.

Read more: http://www.kshb.com/dpp/news/crime/...not-intact-had-been-dismembered#ixzz291Wz3Rc6

That same artical also states the body appeared to be found near a black garbage bag, hmmm

TIA

Looks like an old dead tree...wind blows like crazy out there, like 60 mph...the way the roots look, I think it was blown over.

Can any locals answer my question about the "green flame"? Sorry if I missed it, took a call and came back to 4 new pages of posts.

I think this is one we'll have to agree to disagree on. I think the fact that the body is not intact is natural if it has been left out in the open for a period of time in an area reported by locals to have coyotes, lions and possibly other scavengers.

The fact that it appears that only the torso was found could mean that smaller body parts and bones were dragged off by animals. JMO

So I don't automatically assume that this body was intentionally dismembered.

I dont automatically assume she was intentionally dismembered either but I sure dont rule it out either.

The media knew this already but did not report it yesterday. I think they know way more than we do and are talking to LE sources behind the scene. They are the ones saying she was dismembered.

I would never expect LE to come out in a PC and say she was dismembered. They would say it as tactfully as they can because of Jessica's parents.

IMO

Pattridge Park on Vimeo

OMG what an eerie place and that music....shivers.:banghead:

Oh geesh Zola, graffiti, gangs or young people hang out.

Up the highway to the west, past the graffiti buildings, there is a parking area where people park and walk their dogs on the trails. Local kids sometimes go to the graffiti buildings to do ???. I do know that people go there to take pictures...Senior pictures for instance. Also, my son says that some people go there to target shoot. Which sounds dangerous if you're there getting pictures taken.

I think this is one we'll have to agree to disagree on. I think the fact that the body is not intact is natural if it has been left out in the open for a period of time in an area reported by locals to have coyotes, lions and possibly other scavengers.

The fact that it appears that only the torso was found could mean that smaller body parts and bones were dragged off by animals. JMO

So I don't automatically assume that this body was intentionally dismembered.

Ok, warning, I don't know how to talk about this sort of thing without being graphic.

Given the temperatures since Friday and the low humidity in this area of the country, I'm making the assumption that an intact body would not necessarily draw a lot of predators because the smell would not be as strong. However, one that had been dismembered would draw the predators. Dead things left outdoors out here tend to mummify rather than rot, unlike in humid regions of the country. The rate of decomposition is very slow in a dry climate. I've seen dead deer left in the same place and they literally become mummies. They dry up in the sun. There have been cases of hunters who get lost in WY and are found years later, their bodies mummified.

I think that LE should clarify that they said "not intact" and dispel the "dismembered" interpretation, if not true. To me, at least, it is a horrifying difference. JMO

Sickened. Yet again all I have to offer are my thoughts and prayers. My heart breaks over and over again...it just seems recently there seems to be so many more cases like this - I'm sure statistics would probably say that's not the case, just how it feels. My 10 year old son is away for his 4th night on a school trip, back tomorrow - I am going to hug him harder than I ever have when I finally see him at 2:30pm tomorrow! I can give nothing other than to say Jessica's life has travelled over 17,000 miles to touch my heart on the South Coast of England. God bless all of our children who aren't with their Mummy and Daddy tonight. :-( x

TIA

The only potential significance of the downed tree for me is if they took it down/ pushed it over because of potential evidence (10/10 or 10 above and 10 below). It could also be absolutely angle and this was already a downed tree in which case my first statement is irrelevant.

No idea on the graffiti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member