Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
welcome to websleuths smh and anyone else new that I have missed today!:cheer:

Long time lurker here at WS. I've followed several cases over the last year here at WS. Finally coming out of lurkdom :-)

I live in CO just about 30 mins south of where all this occurring. This whole case makes me just sick to my stomach. As a mom of 4, I simply cannot imagine how awful this is for the family and how truly terrifying this must have been for sweet Jessica. I have a 10 yo dd who even looks a bit like Jessica...had a lady stalking us on Tuesday at Walmart staring down my dd.

I appreciate all the sharing of information that is going on. Those spending time making maps, listening to the scanner, locals sharing what they are hearing, etc. You are all so appreciated!!

I saw all the chatter yesterday about the YouTube video as it was being posted. I did not see the video but it's bothered me greatly knowing what was posted. Please, if anyone has any info about it...including names that were posted (I remember some being posted here)...PLEASE call the tip line for this case. They just gave the number on 9News. It's 303-658-4336. They want any and all info even if it seems like it's not much. Praying the police get everything they need to catch this perp.

Was the video something made and posted by the abductor? Or was this a video made about the discovery of the body? Or something else entirely?

I wonder if they were able to narrow down the timeframe of when the body must have been left, and are tracing pings from area to area? Something like that?

As far as Nancy Grace-I had a bet with myself that she would come up with the worst and most disgustingly sensational way yet to say "not intact"and I won.

I don't think this is really fair. These are people doing their jobs, and just being who they are. I don't really expect anyone to be somber all the time while covering these stories. So they made a joke, they must be heartless? At least we have the ability to walk away and take a break from this for a few minutes, they are out there covering this horrible story for hours. IMO (not aimed at anyone).

They can laugh and joke all they want to relieve stress. Doing it live on the air is unprofessional.

I made the same request and was assured that the video was reported to police by websleuthers.

Thank you for letting me know! This bugged me all night and kept me up. Well, the whole case is keeping me up. I kept seeing people mention the video but no mention of it being reported so I feel much better knowing this.

She actually said "hacked up???" What on earth? It is NG, but really!!!

That was on the HLN site, where she posts updates on news stories, I guess. I quoted the blurb that another poster put up, but it doesn't show up in my post, of course.

We hear this alot in cases, you'd think the media would get we can hear them in the live video beforehand. You never see them the same again.

So true. I attended the Sandusky trial and spent a lot of time in the midst of the media circus there. It was an eye-opening experience, to say the least :what:

Long time lurker here at WS. I've followed several cases over the last year here at WS. Finally coming out of lurkdom :-)

I live in CO just about 30 mins south of where all this occurring. This whole case makes me just sick to my stomach. As a mom of 4, I simply cannot imagine how awful this is for the family and how truly terrifying this must have been for sweet Jessica. I have a 10 yo dd who even looks a bit like Jessica...had a lady stalking us on Tuesday at Walmart staring down my dd.

I appreciate all the sharing of information that is going on. Those spending time making maps, listening to the scanner, locals sharing what they are hearing, etc. You are all so appreciated!!

I saw all the chatter yesterday about the YouTube video as it was being posted. I did not see the video but it's bothered me greatly knowing what was posted. Please, if anyone has any info about it...including names that were posted (I remember some being posted here)...PLEASE call the tip line for this case. They just gave the number on 9News. It's 303-658-4336. They want any and all info even if it seems like it's not much. Praying the police get everything they need to catch this perp.

OFF TOPIC - Welcome to websleuths thank you for joining us!

Was the video something made and posted by the abductor? Or was this a video made about the discovery of the body? Or something else entirely?

I did not see it. Only the chatter about it and then later that it had been pulled from YouTube. But I got the impression someone was saying they had Jessica in their basement. The person that the video was made by (or tied to on YouTube) was found to be from the Arvada Co area. It sounded creepy.

That was on the HLN site, where she posts updates on news stories, I guess. I quoted the blurb that another poster put up, but it doesn't show up in my post, of course.

That was posted on her website not long ago. Also in that post she says that a body was "just found". I hope she doesn't dare to use the Bombshell tonight lead in that it was just found. I can hear her saying "bombshell tonight....uh...er...last night"

Thank you for letting me know! This bugged me all night and kept me up. Well, the whole case is keeping me up. I kept seeing people mention the video but no mention of it being reported so I feel much better knowing this.

On Jessica's fb page, someone had phoned authorities about video and fbi was getting back to them..also several people had reported it.

Just posted via FB:

Nancy Grace
A body has just been found in the search for missing 10-year-old girl Jessica Ridgeway, a body which ABC sources say authorities have reason to believe is the missing girl. Sources say the body appeared to be small and hacked up. Police say the body is not “in tact” and therefore delaying official identification of remains. Is it the body of missing 10-yr-old girl? And if so, what happened to little Jessica on her walk to school? #JessicaRidgeway www.HLNtv.com/Nancy

I’m taking your on-air calls & questions right now: 877-626-2901

Seriously?! She had to use that particular term?

I don't know much about NG tbh. She's not all that well known here in Australia. Are her shows always a little OTT and iffy?

Possible, but depends on how much information they're given to the people on the ground. Even within LE not all info is given to everyone. So far their progression from "not intact" to "dismembered" to "body parts in multiple places" is just an easy and logical line to draw. None of it is exactly crazy out there, kwim? And it may all be true, as it certainly is an easy conclusion to draw, but may not be from a leak.

We may find out in the near future, or LE may withold certain facts

Plenty of people. Not everybody outfits themselves in running shorts, esp. men.

Here (Denver) we see men in shorts and often no shirt,running in all kinds of weather. With few exceptions, dd and I deem it something we really didn't need to see. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj