CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Officers spent most of the day at the Pattridge open space and reopened the Leyden Road to traffic Thursday evening.

The person chose an isolated area, crossed under the barbed wire fence at a drainage culvert, and left the body on a hillside. It's still not confirmed if the body is Jessica's.

The FBI knows from experience, the best leads will likely come from people at home who have a hunch and make the call.

"We suspect that somebody in the community knows this individual," Denver FBI spokesman Dave Joly said.

Joly says you need to focus, not on how this person looks, but how they act.

"Any kind if unusual behavior between last Friday and today," Joly said.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/294021/339/FBI-Profiler-says-Jessica-suspect-could-strike-again
Above in RED (done by me) - It says "crossed UNDER the barbed wire fence..." can anyone tell me how much room is between the bottom of the fence and the ground at that drainage culvert? I couldn't tell in photos. I'm just curious how agile (if at all) a person would have to be to cross under that. TIA

I am confused, did jessica make it into the school building? Did she regularly meet a group of friends to walk to school or did she walk on her own? Is it that no one knew she was missing until they took attendance?

It seems conflicting on whether she had some friends who were actually waiting for her to walk (& perhaps figured she was just going to be absent for the day or perhaps be driven to school if she did not come by a certain time)

or whether she just usually walked w friends but perhaps she did not always walk w friends, if for instance, she was running late, etc.

So the guy who posted on the listserv about the backpack, said it was not there at 6:45 PM when they left their home. But was there, when they returned between midnight and 1:00 AM (Sunday morning). So I guess the remains found at Pattridge could have been on that hillside for four days.

Is it ok to discuss that there is reason to believe J stopped somewhere else on the way to school to change into "teen" type clothes? That where she stopped may be a clue into how and why she was accessible to an abductor and never met up with her walking buddies?
Please advise on whether it's ok to discuss as I have more to wonder about and will if it's ok to.
Thanks.

Hmm, new to me. I hope a mod will advise. I'd like to hear more about this for sure.

I hope this isn't crossing any lines. I am really curious why the info from the initial convo between LE and dispatch (the rewind transcript that has been alluded to and linked on the last few pages) has never been made public. It has just enough hinky that it should have appealed to some of the more sensationalist style journalists, especially after the family interview. Anyone have any thoughts? Could it be that it just doesn't interest the media or could LE have asked them to refrain from using it? If so for what purpose?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll take a stab at answering that - because innocent people might be involved, and the one thing WS's is good about, is keeping the facts on the table, the trash in the garbage, and the innocent protected. I respect that... even if I sometimes make mistakes and cross the line. The fog of war makes it hard sometimes - like now.

Ok, so hopefully I am reading this right Kimster, if not zap me!

If you look in the rewind post (top of thread 1 in scanner thread) by Peachy you will find that there was talk over the radio about the friend Jessica walked with (and then didn't). It appears someone is confused as to which day it happened on, and it is a little concerning that the stories changed.

IIRC there was also some talk about how far she got, which is interesting to say the least.

Jumping off your post Sarx.

Wasn't this info about the friend and the parent discussed in the family interview as well? Or at least the part about the phone call and getting a ride when she did not show up?

I'm just really confused on this point I guess.

Mel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Earlier in the thread, I wondered if the ladder box was brought in so that they could photograph the entire scene, because the body may not have been intact. Sadly, the articles tonight confirm this is the case. I realize this may already be posted. But if not, here you go.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/11/jessica-ridgeway-search-p_n_1959018.html

http://abcnews.go.com/US/body-found...rch-intact/story?id=17449354&cid=ESPNheadline

And...this just in 41 minutes ago, the FBI asking the public to help them find a suspect fitting this profile.

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com...-ridgeway-search-westminster-police-plan-6-45

Above in RED (done by me) - It says "crossed UNDER the barbed wire fence..." can anyone tell me how much room is between the bottom of the fence and the ground at that drainage culvert? I couldn't tell in photos. I'm just curious how agile (if at all) a person would have to be to cross under that. TIA

On some of the Sky9 video I watched last night, one of the officers seemed pretty agile as he leaned over and crawled through the fence. It would be hard to do if you were carrying anything. The officer did it like you would see on the movies - just lean down, and go between the wires. Not like I would do in real life - lean down, and have my shirt get stuck, or my pants get ripped. Wish I could find the video, but I am about toasted for the day. This is one of those cases where my family just glances at me from the side because I have cried over something they don't understand, and I am just "off the radar" for a while. Thanks for being here all of you... it is good to know that people care about cases like this. It is good to know that a lot of us will stick with this case to see justice done.

I hope this isn't crossing any lines. I am really curious why the info from the initial convo between LE and dispatch (the rewind transcript that has been alluded to and linked on the last few pages) has never been made public. It has just enough hinky that it should have appealed to some of the more sensationalist style journalists, especially after the family interview. Anyone have any thoughts? Could it be that it just doesn't interest the media or could LE have asked them to refrain from using it? If so for what purpose?

I agree with you and I hope it is okay to say this, but I wondered why it was in the scanner thread to begin with. Was someone reading a report, etc. If not okay, please delete. tia

I'll take a stab at answering that - because innocent people might be involved, and the one thing WS's is good about, is keeping the facts on the table, the trash in the garbage, and the innocent protected. I respect that... even if I sometimes make mistakes and cross the line. The fog of war makes it hard sometimes - like now.

Oops, I guess I wasn't as clear as I should have been. I don't mean why hasn't this info been discussed here (I know that answer) but why has MSM ignored that conversation and not reported on it. I love that WS is moderated in the way that it is but the media doesn't share the values that we do here. I would have expected someone (looking at you NG) to break that transcript down a million times by now.

I agree with you and I hope it is okay to say this, but I wondered why it was in the scanner thread to begin with. Was someone reading a report, etc. If not okay, please delete. tia

My understanding is that the scanner calls are archived and someone did a rewind once her disappearance made the news and transcribed those conversations. Since it was a scanner archive it had to remain in that forum.

From what I saw on the 9News video, the reporter showed the barbed wire fence and the culvert, and showed how there was room beneath the fence to climb through. I guess water running through the culvert has worn the earth down or something, because the ground beneath part of the fence has been eroded. I don't know how big the gap beneath the fence is - the reporter didn't crawl through it, but that would have been a great visual aid!!

But I am not sure how someone could carry/drag a body (or parts) under the fence without being seen, it's awfully close to the road. I know the road is not frequently traveled, but still, it's an awful big risk IMO.

Does that mean they have forensic evidence indicating the perp went under the fence? We had discussed previously if the body had been simply tossed over.

Drainage culvert's will typically have silt at the opening. My thought was there was a footprint(s) in the basin. Of course there could also be a path in the vegetation (grass is laid down where he walked).

They must have some evidence, or they would not have worded it that way.

Oops, I guess I wasn't as clear as I should have been. I don't mean why hasn't this info been discussed here (I know that answer) but why has MSM ignored that conversation and not reported on it. I love that WS is moderated in the way that it is but the media doesn't share the values that we do here. I would have expected someone (looking at you NG) to break that transcript down a million times by now.

Good question Vasportsmom! In my opinion, MSM is for the most part lazy. They don't "sleuth" anything - they just look for something sensational, and then they run with it. They don't verify facts, they seek to use sensational words, and they seek attention more than the truth. There are DEFINITELY some good reporters out there, but there are also a lot who just jump on the wagon and ride. It's sad on all sorts of levels.

But I am not sure how someone could carry/drag a body (or parts) under the fence without being seen, it's awfully close to the road. I know the road is not frequently traveled, but still, it's an awful big risk IMO.

Not nice to think of, but may have thrown the bags/body parts over the fence first?

A risk someone that knows the area well had no problem taking.

Methylenedioxypyrovalerone, or MDVA, commonly referred to as "bath salts" is the drug that makes people do nasty stuff. Apparently it's effects are like meth, but uglier. That terrifies me.

As an aside and hopefully OT I HATE that stuff. Technically I think it's illegal in California now but you still see it all over the place over the counter in tobacco and some of the shadier liquor stores. I actually looked one time because I kept hearing news stories about it and it was everywhere.

Ok. I'm totally confused about what's ok to discuss from the scanner thread. BUT, it seems REALLY important that it appears J could have been taken from elsewhere than the three blocks between her house and Chelsea Park. She appears to have gone elsewhere to possibly change clothes (or meet someone???), and then maybe returned to where she was supposed to be but too late to meet the friends, or maybe she never got back to the park. It sounds like she was supposed to meet the friend at their house but she never showed.
I think this is crucial. Is it not ok to discuss? It adds time and space and possible contact with a whole other demographic of people to the time and place she supposedly disappeared.
Please delete this post if it's not allowed.
I don't know what MSM is, other than a natural formula for joints.

gliving posted this in the last thread:

I tend to agree about the deranged teenager.

There's something ineffably evil about this. I think it's stranger than we've imagined yet.

And I wouldn't want to rule out two teenagers, either -- again, similar to Columbine.

At first I wanted to believe it was an Animal that grabbed her or she ran away. This is so hard to comprehend that there could be someone out there that would hurt children and either watched or saw an opportunity to do it. I think the profile is spot on. I am heartsick. IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member