CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT, but several people have mentioned the movie 'Seven' and how it reminded them of this case. It is on t.v. right now, but I don't want to watch it if it will creep me out. Is it a creepy movie. TIA

Mail did not run on Columbus Day. Mail carriers are government employees, which I saw back in a couple of posts would fit the profile. They are very familiar with neighborhoods and also potentially which children walk to school, what their route is and who they walk with.

Just throwing that out there.

:waitasec: I'm a little bit confused since Kimster said it was okay talking about it up here, but I'm sure we will get an explanation after it has been sorted out. Must have been something said on the scanner thread that was different from what I've seen up here.

Scanner chatter can't be brought upstairs; unless information has been released via MSM.

OT, but several people have mentioned the movie 'Seven' and how it reminded them of this case. It is on t.v. right now, but I don't want to watch it if it will creep me out. Is it a creepy movie. TIA

If you love creepy movies, watch Seven. If you don't, turn the channel. It's chilling.

I think everything's okay...Kimster's getting it all sorted out :thumb:

Hold on peeps for Kimster for a few. I think it may open again, she's just trying to clean things up. Let's wait and see what the word is.

I bet they are getting calls left and right after the pressers today....

Not a good time to watch it, probably.
I am about to watch "Project Runway" taped earlier tonight, about as mindless as it gets.

You guys can discuss what is posted in the Scanner Forum, you just can't quote the transcriptions. Linking to it and speculating on what it might be about is fine.

Personally, I like it better when you guys discuss it in the Scanner Forum to prevent rumors, but as long as you guys are making it clear that you are discussing a transcription, it's fine.

Ok, so hopefully I am reading this right Kimster, if not zap me!

If you look in the rewind post (top of thread 1 in scanner thread) by Peachy you will find that there was talk over the radio about the friend Jessica walked with (and then didn't). It appears someone is confused as to which day it happened on, and it is a little concerning that the stories changed.

IIRC there was also some talk about how far she got, which is interesting to say the least.

I'm a tad confused on who all Jessica walked to school with every morning. In the interview that her mum and dad did, I gathered that Jessica walked with her boy friend whose brother was in middle school this year. And I don't mean that her friend was her boyfriend but just a boy she was good friends with. Then I've heard/read else where that she walked to school with 2 to 3 other girls. Then to throw more confusion she walked to school with her cousin.

My second bout of confusion comes from the phone call that Jessica made on Friday morning to see if her friend was still walking because of the snowy weather. If she spoke to either the kid or the parent why would they not question where she was at? And if it is true that the friend ended up getting a ride from said parent, why did thy not swing by Jessica's house to see what was holding her up?

Maybe this has all been discussed already. The threads have been moving fast and I may have missed this, but am I the only one confused on this?

Mel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Officers spent most of the day at the Pattridge open space and reopened the Leyden Road to traffic Thursday evening.

The person chose an isolated area, crossed under the barbed wire fence at a drainage culvert, and left the body on a hillside. It's still not confirmed if the body is Jessica's.

The FBI knows from experience, the best leads will likely come from people at home who have a hunch and make the call.

"We suspect that somebody in the community knows this individual," Denver FBI spokesman Dave Joly said.

Joly says you need to focus, not on how this person looks, but how they act.

"Any kind if unusual behavior between last Friday and today," Joly said.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/294021/339/FBI-Profiler-says-Jessica-suspect-could-strike-again

Ok, so hopefully I am reading this right Kimster, if not zap me!

If you look in the rewind post (top of thread 1 in scanner thread) by Peachy you will find that there was talk over the radio about the friend Jessica walked with (and then didn't). It appears someone is confused as to which day it happened on, and it is a little concerning that the stories changed.

IIRC there was also some talk about how far she got, which is interesting to say the least.

This is a really good example of what it totally fine to post in the public forum in regards to something heard on the scanner. Thanks Sarx!

I am sorry I made the scanner thread closed.

I don't think it was you... lots of us (including me) were talking scanner stuff. A big no-no clearly.
Boo for being in trouble :(
Hope it opens up again soon.

IMO, scanner chatter should not be discussed topside. Keep it downstairs and we'll avoid these kinds of issues ...

Thank you so much for the clarification and I'm sorry I broke the Internet.

:floorlaugh:

Okay, let's discuss the case again. I'm opening the Scanner thread and if you guys want to discuss this WS etiquette stuff some more, let's do it in the private forum so our guests don't get any more bored than they already are by now.

I just had a thought. Which I know is off topic. Identification is going slow because LE doesn't want to put the family through having to identify. Which is very kind of them. We can
wait for the lab, and not put the family through that.

Officers spent most of the day at the Pattridge open space and reopened the Leyden Road to traffic Thursday evening.

The person chose an isolated area, crossed under the barbed wire fence at a drainage culvert, and left the body on a hillside. It's still not confirmed if the body is Jessica's.

The FBI knows from experience, the best leads will likely come from people at home who have a hunch and make the call.

"We suspect that somebody in the community knows this individual," Denver FBI spokesman Dave Joly said.

Joly says you need to focus, not on how this person looks, but how they act.

"Any kind if unusual behavior between last Friday and today," Joly said.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/294021/339/FBI-Profiler-says-Jessica-suspect-could-strike-again

Does that mean they have forensic evidence indicating the perp went under the fence? We had discussed previously if the body had been simply tossed over.

I hope this isn't crossing any lines. I am really curious why the info from the initial convo between LE and dispatch (the rewind transcript that has been alluded to and linked on the last few pages) has never been made public. It has just enough hinky that it should have appealed to some of the more sensationalist style journalists, especially after the family interview. Anyone have any thoughts? Could it be that it just doesn't interest the media or could LE have asked them to refrain from using it? If so for what purpose?

ETA: I'm not asking why the info hasn't been used up here in the public forum but why hasn't MSM made use of that info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members