CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They make mini versions of "pillow pets" too...my daughter has a couple. They are about the size of a travel pillow and fit easily in a backpack.

This pillow pet thing...my granddaughter's have two and they are quite large....I don't see how they could fit into a backpack...interesting....why would she carry that to school?:banghead:

I can't help but wonder about the identity of the person who reported seeing JR with the pillow pet that day.

Either: The person has the days mixed up, or that person needs to be scrutinized by police. I can think of only one reason a person would fabricate such a story: they have paid close attention to her in the past and are trying to confuse the investigation. There may be other reasons, e.g., desire to assist in the investigation, but I still think its strange.

Again paraphrasing. She must have come back here. Is here the abduction location? The scene where Pillow pet was?

I think he was eliminating a quick identification thru dental records and or fingerprints.

With all the publicity and immediate searches.....I am surprised he would go to all the trouble unless she was killed fairly quickly and he dumped the backpack after he placed the body parts....ugh I hate writing stuff like this.

Are all children fingerprinted is the US? Are they on record? I live in Canada and as far as I know our children are not fingerprinted at birth. How could they use fingerprints to ID a child?

Yes, and the age being suggested is apparently within the range of the usual age of stranger abductor murderers (20-39).

From a 1997 document on child abduction cases (http://findthekids.org/pdf/casemanag.pdf):

"Contrary to popular belief, child abduction killers are not aged perverts or “dirty old men.” Their average age is around 27 years old."

More on the typical abduction killer from that document:

". . .the killing of children during an abduction is almost a totally-male domain of behavior. An astounding 98.5 percent of these killers are males."

And regarding a "typical victim":

"The typical child victim of an abduction murder is a white female who is about 11 years old. She is from a middle class or “blue collar” family, who lives in an urban or suburban neighborhood, in a single family residence. Her relationship with her family is stable, and she is described as a “normal kid” who is not thought of as “high risk” in any way. In short, she is your average preteen girl."

WOW....spot on!

Yes, and the age being suggested is apparently within the range of the usual age of stranger abductor murderers (20-39).

From a 1997 document on child abduction cases (http://findthekids.org/pdf/casemanag.pdf):

"Contrary to popular belief, child abduction killers are not aged perverts or “dirty old men.” Their average age is around 27 years old."

More on the typical abduction killer from that document:

". . .the killing of children during an abduction is almost a totally-male domain of behavior. An astounding 98.5 percent of these killers are males."

And regarding a "typical victim":

"The typical child victim of an abduction murder is a white female who is about 11 years old. She is from a middle class or “blue collar” family, who lives in an urban or suburban neighborhood, in a single family residence. Her relationship with her family is stable, and she is described as a “normal kid” who is not thought of as “high risk” in any way. In short, she is your average preteen girl."

This whole post gave me goosebumps and brought tears to my eyes! Man this is so sad!!

My thoughts are that this could be a local perp who could not be away from home for a long period of time to drive into the mountains, i.e. to dispose of the body. Just wanted to get it done, quickly as possible, maybe for alibi purposes.

That makes sense......anyone in the general vicinity know how close the mountains are?

FYI_

HLN's Dayside at 2 pm est discussing the Jessica Ridgeway case.

Again paraphrasing. She must have come back here. Is here the abduction location? The scene where Pillow pet was?

Are you referring to what was transcribed from the scanner? (I think we are supposed to say that the scanner is where it came from because of problems last night) shhhh

This pillow pet thing...my granddaughter's have two and they are quite large....I don't see how they could fit into a backpack...interesting....why would she carry that to school?:banghead:

They have mini size pillow pets....that easily fit inside a small bag...

I am confused. If this picture displays them using thermal imaging, this is taken after the remains were found, right? And I thought thermal imaging worked off the heat from a live person, animal etc. Maybe not worded too well.

A decomposing body gives off heat.

Are you referring to what was transcribed from the scanner? (I think we are supposed to say that the scanner is where it came from because of problems last night) shhhh

You are correct. I went back and linked to scanner rewind.

I don't think that any possible dismemberment would be done these days to hide identity, since DNA would be used anyway and can be done quickly in many cases. If anything, to hide cause of death and/or make disposal easier.

I agree with all the cases of dismemberment happening lately and the victim being named pretty quickly I do not think it is to hide who it is. Maybe to slow down IDing the body if certain body parts where left in different places. I think it is done to make disposal easier.

Hate having to be graphic. If the body was dismembered by human hands instead of by the animals, it may have been done in hopes that it would be easier for the wildlife in the area to get rid of the evidence faster. Had the body been intact the animals would have gathered around possibly causing anyone driving by to pay attention to the area more. Smaller pieces the animals can grab and go back to their own space.

If her skull is missing would an animal be able to remove the skull like that? I hate watching those animal shows that show them eating but I guess if I did then I would know the answer to my question.

If Jessica did have her pillow pet with her, I wonder why her mom didn't mention it when she talked about Jessica leaving for school? Maybe this is something LE asked her not to discuss?

Also, I wonder why Jessica would have carried it with her to school in the first place. Perhaps to show it to a friend?

Little details like this really bug me, although in the overall scheme of things the pillow pet is probably not important.

There is a post on the scanner thread posted by Peachy, I believe, that explains about this pillow pet. It cleared it up for me. I will look for the post number.

ETA: Post #900 around 10am this morning.

My thoughts are that this could be a local perp who could not be away from home for a long period of time to drive into the mountains, i.e. to dispose of the body. Just wanted to get it done, quickly as possible, maybe for alibi purposes.

There was a similar case in the Denver area back in the early 80's. A young girl, younger than age 5 IIRC, who was abducted from her yard. The perp ended up dumping her, alive, in a public (non-flushing) toilet up in a service area up in the mountains not far outside of Denver.

Some hikers walked by a day or two later and heard her crying. She was rescued, not badly harmed. She was in the pit of the outdoor toilet. I can't find the story on Google anymore, perhaps someone else can.

In that case, the perp abducted the child and disposed of her quickly up in the nearby mountains.

O/T - I have been reading all about the "lock outs" and feeling very safe here in my community. No one can get in without pressing a doorbell and the school office staff letting you in. We also have an electronic system which notifies parents by e-mail if your child misses more than 3 periods of school. BUT - today I feel deflated. My child missed school yesterday because she was sick. She has Autism. I notified her teacher, but did not get an e-mail from the office staff to notify me that she wasn't there. I called this morning to ask why and was told that they have a new computer system and haven't gotten that part set up yet. Seriously? It's OCTOBER!

But, if you called in and told them she was home, sick, why would they need to notify you that she wasn't at school? :waitasec:

Look at post #900 by Peachy in the scanner thread, SuziQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members