CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just moved to CO from Seattle. I'm freaking out. Our new house abuts beautiful open space - we're about 45 miles north of Westminster. I keep looking at the prairie & hills out the window, thinking about this horrifying case. I have a young DD so I'm freaked. I've been following this thread since the beginning but couldn't post as my email was not accepted during registration. I finally got it manually added.

I was at a local park 2 Sundays ago. My DD was playing on the playground. A woman asked me to complete a survey about city parks and said she would watch my child. I agreed to fill out the survey but continued watching my own child. When I finished, she kept me talking as my DD wandered farther away. As I started walking towards my DD while I was still talking to the woman, I noticed 2 men under either side of the walkway my DD was playing on, towards the middle of the playground equipment. There were no other kids near her. As I approached and called her name the men silently retreated. At the time I blew it off, but later that day it gave me pause. Then less than a week later Jessica went missing and I wondered if we narrowly escaped an abduction scheme. I can't imagine it was really anything or that they're connected. But it does make one wonder.

I fear there is truly a horrifying madman (or more than one, either working together or separately) out there. I'm feeling weird about having just moved here. This is chilling. unreal even.how is this possible, what is happening?

I believe the location of the backpack near the woman's house who killed her baby was an announcement that he had killed Jessica; its proximity to open space pointed to where she'd be found; the body's location in another open space, and the triangulation of the home, backpack and body are extremely poignant and meaningful, in the darkest ways, as some of you have mentioned. The "not intact" condition of the body and the method of how that occurred (at least as far as NG says) indicates extreme rage or loss of control, no? very very frightening.

Great first post!

Your story about what happened at the park is worrisome, it could have been perfectly innocent but you never know. I'm glad you kept your eye on your daughter!

Regarding the backpack:

The person went out at about 6:30 on Saturday evening and the backpack was not there. He returned home around 1 AM and it was there. Knowing that children often leave their things and run off to play, he left the backpack were it was and assumed the owner would return to collect it. Later on Saturday, when the backpack was still there, he made a public post announcing that some child had mistakenly left their backpack near his house - hoping the parents would notice - and said "come and get it".

That's all there is to it.

I am confused about the timing. Did he return at 1AM on Sunday morning? Or did he go out at 6:30 PM Friday? (Because I don't understand what you meant about it being there "later on Saturday", if he didn't get back until 1AM.)

Thanks.

At the time I blew it off, but later that day it gave me pause. Then less than a week later Jessica went missing and I wondered if we narrowly escaped an abduction scheme. I can't imagine it was really anything or that they're connected. But it does make one wonder.

I don't mean to be an alarmist, maybe it was nothing, but I'd report this to the local LE. As I say, may be nothing...but what if it is something? Report it and let them make any determinations.

I know others have remarked upon this - but whoever did this to her I also feel is local, or knows that area very very well. This wasn't just a random dump.

God help the family...

After learning the condition of remains, it sounds like a very very angry person. I'd say a male, but the teen murderer Alyssa Bustamonte, who killed her 9 yo neighbor, makes a female perp a real possibility. It's almost more of a violent assault than one of a sexual nature. Not to say rape couldn't be involved, but the overkill tells a very clear story. Can any crime buffs tell us more about the overkill aspect? TIA.

Guessing, a teen on psychotropic drugs.

Many males who murder females that are not kin to them usually winds up having a love/hate relationship with their own mothers.This person may still live at home with his mother. Not because he loves her but because of neccessity.

IMO

gliving posted this in the last thread:

I tend to agree about the deranged teenager.

There's something ineffably evil about this. I think it's stranger than we've imagined yet.

And I wouldn't want to rule out two teenagers, either -- again, similar to Columbine.

Agree. I hope they are checking who wasn't in school on Friday. IMO

I just moved to CO from Seattle. I'm freaking out. Our new house abuts beautiful open space - we're about 45 miles north of Westminster. I keep looking at the prairie & hills out the window, thinking about this horrifying case. I have a young DD so I'm freaked. I've been following this thread since the beginning but couldn't post as my email was not accepted during registration. I finally got it manually added.

I was at a local park 2 Sundays ago. My DD was playing on the playground. A woman asked me to complete a survey about city parks and said she would watch my child. I agreed to fill out the survey but continued watching my own child. When I finished, she kept me talking as my DD wandered farther away. As I started walking towards my DD while I was still talking to the woman, I noticed 2 men under either side of the walkway my DD was playing on, towards the middle of the playground equipment. There were no other kids near her. As I approached and called her name the men silently retreated. At the time I blew it off, but later that day it gave me pause. Then less than a week later Jessica went missing and I wondered if we narrowly escaped an abduction scheme. I can't imagine it was really anything or that they're connected. But it does make one wonder.

I fear there is truly a horrifying madman (or more than one, either working together or separately) out there. I'm feeling weird about having just moved here. This is chilling. unreal even.how is this possible, what is happening?

I believe the location of the backpack near the woman's house who killed her baby was an announcement that he had killed Jessica; its proximity to open space pointed to where she'd be found; the body's location in another open space, and the triangulation of the home, backpack and body are extremely poignant and meaningful, in the darkest ways, as some of you have mentioned. The "not intact" condition of the body and the method of how that occurred (at least as far as NG says) indicates extreme rage or loss of control, no? very very frightening.

Welcome to WS's Absentia.... sorry it has to be under these circumstances. You are a wise woman, and obviously very observant. I think I would at the very least email your story to the tipline for Jessica:

"Tip Line Created for Information from the Public
Westminster Police have created a tip line if you have any information, you can call 303-658-4336 or email tips to PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us."

I am never one to suggest calling in frivilous tips, because it can tie up resources that are better spent chasing real leads. Your story, however, doesn't seem trivial to me, and in all likelihood, it is not related, but if you call it in, LE can compare it to other reports they are getting. Patterns are important when investigating cases. Glad you are with us, and Colorado is a BEAUTIFUL state full of wonderful people. Don't let this get you down. Sadly, this kind of nightmare is global, and we would all have to leave the planet to escape it. Stick with us.... we care, and we welcome you!

I am confused about the timing. Did he return at 1AM on Sunday morning? Or did he go out at 6:30 PM Friday? (Because I don't understand what you meant about it being there "later on Saturday", if he didn't get back until 1AM.)

Thanks.

Excuse me ... my mistake ... later on Sunday ... 1PM October 7 is when he made the appeal to the public for someone to come and get the backpack. I'll see if I can correct my post ... thx

THANK YOU for sharing this. I was wondering where the 'come and get it' came from. Now it makes sense. I was thinking the perp left a note that said 'come and get it', or something to that effect. Now I can move on from trying to figure that one out.

And thanks for the photo comparison. Wow. So many similarities. Eerie... Don't know what to make of it.

Been gone all day and just catching up on posts. Sorry if someone has already mentioned this possibility - but it seems to me that one possibility is he is returning the backpack to where he abducted her (a real taunt), only he didn't quite get it right; i.e, wrong subdivision.

Anyone who could do this horrible and unthinkable crime to anyone, let alone a little girl is a seasoned criminal and has done this before imo. This is a serial predator and is obviously extremely dangerous. I truly believe all LE involved knows this including the FBI and thus the tremendous work that is being done with all resources available.

I'm not one to pray often but I do pray that dear sweet Jessica had no idea what was going on and that she felt no pain from the hands of this vicious maniac and killer.

Regarding the backpack:

The person went out at about 6:30 on Saturday evening and the backpack was not there. He returned home around 1 AM and it was there. Knowing that children often leave their things and run off to play, he left the backpack were it was and assumed the owner would return to collect it. Later on Sunday, when the backpack was still there, he made a public post announcing that some child had mistakenly left their backpack near his house - hoping the parents would notice - and said "come and get it".

That's all there is to it.

That says a lot. This killer has no compunction about his staging of the evidence he wants LE to find.

My heart is breaking!

It is heartbreaking and beyond any understanding.

Unfortunately, now all we can do is capture and punish this cruel party.

The crime and the desolate area actually reminds me a lot of Brady and Hindley.

Unless this is the crime of a transient, I think there's a very good chance that the case will be solved.

So many of these child kidnapping case happen on Fridays.

Creepy!

Is it because they will have all weekend to hide the evidence I wonder?

imo

Complaints about Nancy Grace belong in this Parking Lot thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119784"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Absentia..Please call your local police or the tip line. Did you see what they were driving? Did you notice if they were all together?

So many of these child kidnapping case happen on Fridays.

Creepy!

Is it because they will have all weekend to hide the evidence I wonder?

imo

Was there a holiday that weekend? In Canada, it was our Thanksgiving weekend. I wonder if the perp has a wife and family that left to go on vacation and he just met up with them later on while he had the house to himself?

It is heartbreaking and beyond any understanding.

Unfortunately, now all we can do is capture and punish this cruel party.

The crime and the desolate area actually reminds me a lot of Brady and Hindley.

Unless this is the crime a transient, I think there's a very good change that the case will be solved.

I think you're right. By the way, it's nice to see you here. I usually see you in the Missing But Not Forgotten section.

It still hasn't been confirmed that the body was Jessica ...has it?

No but it seems LE has their reasons to believe this is Jessica. We have to wait for official confirmation until tomorrow.

It still hasn't been confirmed that the body was Jessica ...has it?

No, the police said due to the body not being in tact it will be sometime tomorrow before they can confirm the identity.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member