CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was there a holiday that weekend? In Canada, it was our Thanksgiving weekend. I wonder if the perp has a wife and family that left to go on vacation and he just met up with them later on while he had the house to himself?

Columbus Day was Monday.

Hmmmm

Folks, there is a Nancy grace complain thread in the basement. Take complaints there please.

Besides.... anyone who is new and hasn't 'been to the basement' yet, needs to check it out! Welcome to all new posters!!! :welcome4:

FBI seeks help in finding missing Colorado girl

By P. SOLOMON BANDA, AP
40 minutes ago

WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Authorities looking for a missing 10-year-old Colorado girl are asking the public for help finding who apparently kidnapped her, a day after a body was found in a park.

Police have yet to link the body found seven miles from Jessica Ridgeway's home to her Oct. 5 disappearance, or even say if it belongs to a child. Jessica disappeared after leaving home to meet friends at a park for her walk to school.

On Thursday, the FBI's Behavioral Analysis Unit released a list of changes that a person committing a crime against a child would exhibit. Among them: sudden differences in appearance, missed appointments, being absent from work, or leaving town with no explanation. Police have ruled out Jessica's parents.

"It could be your boss, it could be your friend, and ultimately it could be your family member," FBI spokesman Dave Joly said. "Bring this information to law enforcement and let us vet that to a close. If that person is not the suspect, `Thank you for your call.' Next lead."

Joly said agents are searching for a man based on statistics for this type of crime...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20121011/US.Missing.School.Girl/

Was there a holiday that weekend? In Canada, it was our Thanksgiving weekend. I wonder if the perp has a wife and family that left to go on vacation and he just met up with them later on while he had the house to himself?

Columbus Day was Monday, October 8.

ok. thanks for the email for the PD. I sent the story to them.

Welcome to WS's Absentia.... sorry it has to be under these circumstances. You are a wise woman, and obviously very observant. I think I would at the very least email your story to the tipline for Jessica:

"Tip Line Created for Information from the Public
Westminster Police have created a tip line if you have any information, you can call 303-658-4336 or email tips to PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us."

I am never one to suggest calling in frivilous tips, because it can tie up resources that are better spent chasing real leads. Your story, however, doesn't seem trivial to me, and in all likelihood, it is not related, but if you call it in, LE can compare it to other reports they are getting. Patterns are important when investigating cases. Glad you are with us, and Colorado is a BEAUTIFUL state full of wonderful people. Don't let this get you down. Sadly, this kind of nightmare is global, and we would all have to leave the planet to escape it. Stick with us.... we care, and we welcome you!

Great first post!

Your story about what happened at the park is worrisome, it could have been perfectly innocent but you never know. I'm glad you kept your eye on your daughter!

---------------:greetings:
Hi! Absentia, I hope you have notified the Police about this. This could prove to have a bearing on the case. They will not give out your ID..:welcome6: glad to have you on board.:seeya:

Welcome to WS's Absentia.... sorry it has to be under these circumstances. You are a wise woman, and obviously very observant. I think I would at the very least email your story to the tipline for Jessica:

"Tip Line Created for Information from the Public
Westminster Police have created a tip line if you have any information, you can call 303-658-4336 or email tips to PDamberalert@cityofwestminster.us."

I am never one to suggest calling in frivilous tips, because it can tie up resources that are better spent chasing real leads. Your story, however, doesn't seem trivial to me, and in all likelihood, it is not related, but if you call it in, LE can compare it to other reports they are getting. Patterns are important when investigating cases. Glad you are with us, and Colorado is a BEAUTIFUL state full of wonderful people. Don't let this get you down. Sadly, this kind of nightmare is global, and we would all have to leave the planet to escape it. Stick with us.... we care, and we welcome you!

I agree with Reannan. Asentia I think you should email your story to the tip line. What if they get several other tips similar to yours? It could be related. Or it could be something else going on that needs to be reported.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I am watching NG....Alex Sanchez (Defense Attorney) says "this is beyond criminal, it is almost demonic in nature"

Tarheel, I've been thinking about Roger L. Depue's book: ‘Between Good & Evil’, all day...and I've been up since 2AM..

In this first-person account of becoming the FBI’s top serial-killer hunter and a member of a religious order in an attempt to discern the true nature of good and evil, Roger L. Depue searches for an understanding of how evil develops.

Between Good and Evil is Depue’s look back at a life spent apprehending criminals, especially serial killers, first as a small-town police chief, then an FBI-SWAT team member, FBI Behavioral Sciences Unit Chief, and a developer of revolutionary law enforcement programs.

The book also examines Depue’s experience studying with the Brothers of the Missionaries of the Holy Apostles in an attempt to discover why a good person like his wife, whom he had lost to cancer, is allowed to die while monstrous criminals get to live.

Following his time in the clergy, Depue returned to law-enforcement and today heads one of the world’s most elite think tanks; 'The Academy'..

http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/Roger_L._Depue

Good triumphs over evil...

It is heartbreaking and beyond any understanding.

Unfortunately, now all we can do is capture and punish this cruel party.

The crime and the desolate area actually reminds me a lot of Brady and Hindley.

Unless this is the crime a transient, I think there's a very good chance that the case will be solved.

BBM: Not to pick a nit, but:

It's not a desolate area where the "remains" were found. This is right outside of the Denver area. There are homes in the area where people work, go to school, garden, shop, play, walk their dogs, etc. The western part of our US has BLM land, open spaces, etc. that is set aside for NON growth of the urban sprawl. Some by treaty to enter the US (BLM land) way back when and some set aside to protect and preserve for the animals, natural vegetation, creeks, rivers and streams, etc. HTH.

Asentia I too think you should report this to the police. My heart aches for the family. I have a 10 year old daughter and I can't imagine what they are going through.

This week, Monday was a holiday because it was Columbus Day.

abbie

Was going to say this in the other thread......my imagination I'm sure is running wild but between some posters believing they saw legs that weren't decomposed..and the FBI spokesman talking about garages and vehicles.....my fear is that she was tortured and kept alive for several days and only recently killed. I obviously watch too much Criminal Minds. I hope and pray I'm wrong for the poor baby's sake and her family.

i feel pretty strongly i saw a leg and a non decomposed foot and that is exactly my fear.

gliving posted this in the last thread:

I tend to agree about the deranged teenager.

There's something ineffably evil about this. I think it's stranger than we've imagined yet.

And I wouldn't want to rule out two teenagers, either -- again, similar to Columbine.

Columbine came to mind as I listened to the youtube recordings yesterday. Frankly, I was less bothered by what was said (even though it was hideous) as I was by the fact that there are at least 2 young men out there who are acting out in twisted ways together. I wonder what they might be capable of doing. :(

Ugh... I just recalled that there was talk of dismemberment on the youtube recordings. I'm sure LE is on top of that, right?

BBM: Not to pick a nit, but:

It's not a desolate area where the "remains" were found. This is right outside of the Denver area. There are homes in the area where people work, go to school, garden, shop, play, walk their dogs, etc. The western part of our US has BLM land, open spaces, etc. that is set aside for NON growth of the urban sprawl. Some by treaty to enter the US (BLM land) way back when and some set aside to protect and preserve for the animals, natural vegetation, creeks, rivers and streams, etc. HTH.

Yes. This area is also used by people from Denver to Boulder and in between- not just Arvada/Westminster residents. The graffiti shack on the shack is a place photographers take those modern senior portraits and even engagement photos.

I am again reminded of Polly Klaas's murder. We lived in a small town outside of Petaluma and drove 101 nearly every weekend- passing where her body was placed. When it was found it was so stunning to all. Her killer is who gave the location- although it was a construction site, she likely would not have been found for quite some time. (IIRC- I was a freshman in high school at the time).

Is there a link to MSM for the person who said that the body found at Pattridge was actually discovered by regular county employees collecting trash, and not actually as part of the search for Jessica?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1