CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic: is it just me or has WS been really, really slow when moving from page to page in this thread or when doing a refresh?

I've turned my computer off and on, re-set the router and checked my download speed and everything seems normal. But WS is literally crawling.

Am I doing something wrong?

me too- at times-all week. I think the site server is the problem- i.e- their end not ours...?

The other thread is closed and I've been away. Was there another presser this evening?

are these recording different than the film made of the location where the body was found, set to NIN music? is it ok to link to them? if so, would someone please?

I believe the recordings of the two 'boys' talking about this case have been deleted from youtube, right?

Speaking about creepy things:

There was a company going door to door in our neighborhood last summer wanting to come in our homes "updating" our alarm systems. I didn't fall for it and called the cops. Turns out they were a legitimate alarm company, but imo they have no business doing cold calls door to door. It is never a good idea to let anyone you don't know or don't have an appointment with into your house.

Not to harp on Alyssa Bustamonte, but she made all kinds of sick videos. What's that new drug that's making people do gross stuff?

Methylenedioxypyrovalerone, or MDVA, commonly referred to as "bath salts" is the drug that makes people do nasty stuff. Apparently it's effects are like meth, but uglier. That terrifies me.

I was going through old links:
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_2...ca-ridgeway-moves-superior-backpack-discovery

How bizarre (IMO):

"The intersection where the backpack was found is only a few feet away from the home where Stephanie Rochester killed her 6-month-old son, Rylan, in June 2010 by placing blankets and a plastic bag over his head.

She was found not guilty by reason of insanitylast January and was sentenced to the state mental hospital until she is found to no longer be a threat."

I am not aware of Stephanie Rochester but I have some questions?

Did she have family in the area? Are they still there?
Did she have any other children?
Was she married? Was Rylan's father known?

TIA

Me too. After someone pointed out the legs...I am pretty sure they were correct...and those legs looked completely healthy.

Early on, there were people who thought they'd seen her at a local halloween store in the company of a male. I can't help but wonder if he didn't keep her around awhile....and it upsets me.

I don't recall reading anything about a possible sighting at a Halloween store. Do you happen to recall where you read that? I think that's an interesting bit of information that I somehow overlooked. TIA

After learning the condition of remains, it sounds like a very very angry person. I'd say a male, but the teen murderer Alyssa Bustamonte, who killed her 9 yo neighbor, makes a female perp a real possibility. It's almost more of a violent assault than one of a sexual nature. Not to say rape couldn't be involved, but the overkill tells a very clear story. Can any crime buffs tell us more about the overkill aspect? TIA.

Guessing, a teen on psychotropic drugs.

I think it is either someone very angry or someone very cool and calculating.

I believe that the perpetrator is someone who lives within a 3 block radius of Jessica's house. If the perp is cool and calculating, he doesn't want to be seen moving anything the size of a 10 year old girl since there is so much surveillance going on in the neighbourhood.

I believe he placed the backpack where he did in a successful attempt to suck LE resources out of Jessica's neighbourhood for a short while. I think he either has a scanner or listens to the scanner online, so that he knows when it is probably safe for him to move.

He would not be the first perp to dismember a body as a coolly thought out ruse to avoid apprehension rather than out of uncontrollable rage.

Needless to say, a cool headed killer is usually more difficult to apprehend.

i feel pretty strongly i saw a leg and a non decomposed foot and that is exactly my fear.

Me too. After someone pointed out the legs...I am pretty sure they were correct...and those legs looked completely healthy.

Early on, there were people who thought they'd seen her at a local halloween store in the company of a male. I can't help but wonder if he didn't keep her around awhile....and it upsets me.

New here so sorry if I mess this up. The non decomposition of any body parts may very well have been due to the fact that it has been pretty mild here this last week. Saturday was only about 40 degrees as a high, and although it been creeping back up into the 70's it's getting very cold at night.

According to some local cops they ONLY have her torso though. (Local being golden and Denver)

THIS IS TOTAL SPECULATION ON MY PART, NOT FACTUAL, and it's based on a compilation of information I observed today.

I think this could very well be the work of a man in the neighborhood who Jessica knew. He's probably a married homeowner. He planned this. He knew the mom slept all day. His wife left for work. He lured her inside, did what was done to her, and then very methodically dismembered her in the bathroom. That explains what NG speculates (about which she was adamant, and I believe her "source") that the body was (this is hard to type) cut into pieces and bagged, so it could be transported. The bag containing the midsection parts (left the most intact) is what they found yesterday. The rest may be scattered in various places.

He cleaned up the place in his house where he did this (e.g., bathroom, using lots of bleach) and is sitting back watching the media. He thinks he's smarter than LE. And that's why the FBI BAU said "hey, tell us about any unusual behavior". They're looking for real insider (i.e., family members, close contacts) observations. Except I think a wife would be in denial and never acknowledge her husband could do such a thing.

This reminds me of The Lovely Bones, which I saw again last weekend.

Good thoughts. Maybe unusual behavior the FBI should have included is if your spouse is rarely known to clean and the bathroom/tub is spotless and smells of bleach when you return home.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

THIS IS TOTAL SPECULATION ON MY PART, NOT FACTUAL, and it's based on a compilation of information I observed today.

I think this could very well be the work of a man in the neighborhood who Jessica knew. He's probably a married homeowner. He planned this. He knew the mom slept all day. His wife left for work. He lured her inside, did what was done to her, and then very methodically dismembered her in the bathroom. That explains what NG speculates (about which she was adamant, and I believe her "source") that the body was (this is hard to type) cut into pieces and bagged, so it could be transported. The bag containing the midsection parts (left the most intact) is what they found yesterday. The rest may be scattered in various places.

He cleaned up the place in his house where he did this (e.g., bathroom, using lots of bleach) and is sitting back watching the media. He thinks he's smarter than LE. And that's why the FBI BAU said "hey, tell us about any unusual behavior". They're looking for real insider (i.e., family members, close contacts) observations. Except I think a wife would be in denial and never acknowledge her husband could do such a thing.

This reminds me of The Lovely Bones, which I saw again last weekend.

I'm speechless. Totally plausible yet frightening to think that it could be someone who blends in so well...

Cases like this and Zahra and Shaniya and Jhessye and Tina Hermann/Cody Maynard/Stephanie Sprang, and the Powell kids, and so many others is why I have to take breaks from WS every now and then.

I was looking for a good 'angel' picture and came across this one, of angels carrying a new soul to heaven.

http://favim.com/orig/201104/06/Favim.com-13895.jpg
Favim.com-13895.jpg

Off topic: is it just me or has WS been really, really slow when moving from page to page in this thread or when doing a refresh?

I've turned my computer off and on, re-set the router and checked my download speed and everything seems normal. But WS is literally crawling.

Am I doing something wrong?

It's slow, IMO. Maybe it's because we have so many members posting tonight.

I was at a local park 2 Sundays ago. My DD was playing on the playground. A woman asked me to complete a survey about city parks and said she would watch my child. I agreed to fill out the survey but continued watching my own child. When I finished, she kept me talking as my DD wandered farther away. As I started walking towards my DD while I was still talking to the woman, I noticed 2 men under either side of the walkway my DD was playing on, towards the middle of the playground equipment. There were no other kids near her. As I approached and called her name the men silently retreated. At the time I blew it off, but later that day it gave me pause. Then less than a week later Jessica went missing and I wondered if we narrowly escaped an abduction scheme. I can't imagine it was really anything or that they're connected. But it does make one wonder.

That it happened on a Sunday makes it particularly suspicious...not many city employees busting their humps on Sundays.

I am not aware of Stephanie Rochester but I have some questions?

Did she have family in the area? Are they still there?
Did she have any other children?
Was she married? Was Rylan's father known?

TIA

Father known. Here's more info: http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2010/06/stephanie_rochester_smothered.php

click on arrest affidavit to read for yourself.

2210 Andrew Drive, Superior Colorado, corner of Andrew Drive and Bristol Street

ETA: bench trial in Boulder: http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-county-news/ci_19719689

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gvkoMPtano&feature=related"]In memory of all abused, abducted, and murdered children - YouTube[/ame]

In memory of all abused, abducted, and murdered children

In memory of all of the babies, children, and youths taken way too soon. RIP..

So, if they are minors they would not have access to a vehicle correct?

Not necessarily -- I don't know what the driving age is in Colorado, but here in MA you can drive at 16 and a half. So a high school student would be a possibility. But my point was that we aren't allowed to sleuth minors.

Good thoughts. Maybe unusual behavior the FBI should have included is if your spouse is rarely known to clean and the bathroom/tub is spotless and smells of bleach when you return home.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

:floorlaugh: For some reason, your post just struck me as funny.

Zola..is your thought with the comparison pic that the perp may have thought he was leaving the backpack in the same spot J was kidnapped from?

Hi Tracey.
In answer to your question: The perpetrator(s) is familiar with both neighborhoods. My reasoning is similar to others who have suggested or recognized a similarity between the two locations. Because it was 25 degrees the night the backpack was left, and perhaps a 15 m.p.h. wind, the perpetrator(s) probably drove to the backpack-drop location, after 6:45pm and before 12:45am. I proposed that the perpetrator(s) drove to the backpack-drop location because they had previously cruised through the neighborhood, and that they chose the location where the backpack was found because it was similar to the site where the abduction occurred: no windows overlooking street; the fence.

I believe that the perpetrator(s) searched for locations with the characteristics of the two locations shown in the image below (at "1" and "2"). IMHO, the perpetrator(s) was parked at "2" and saw the victim walking on the sidewalk at "3" (note: no sidewalk at "2"). Perhaps the perpetrator(s) was familiar with her habit; I believe the victim was watched by the perpetrator(s) during the days before her abduction--perhaps on the Thursday before the abduction on Friday.

Side_of_houses_comparison_1_zpsc990095e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members