CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
gliving posted this in the last thread:

I tend to agree about the deranged teenager.

There's something ineffably evil about this. I think it's stranger than we've imagined yet.

And I wouldn't want to rule out two teenagers, either -- again, similar to Columbine.

After learning the condition of remains, it sounds like a very very angry person. I'd say a male, but the teen murderer Alyssa Bustamonte, who killed her 9 yo neighbor, makes a female perp a real possibility. It's almost more of a violent assault than one of a sexual nature. Not to say rape couldn't be involved, but the overkill tells a very clear story. Can any crime buffs tell us more about the overkill aspect? TIA.

Guessing, a teen on psychotropic drugs.

I just moved to CO from Seattle. I'm freaking out. Our new house abuts beautiful open space - we're about 45 miles north of Westminster. I keep looking at the prairie & hills out the window, thinking about this horrifying case. I have a young DD so I'm freaked. I've been following this thread since the beginning but couldn't post as my email was not accepted during registration. I finally got it manually added.

I was at a local park 2 Sundays ago. My DD was playing on the playground. A woman asked me to complete a survey about city parks and said she would watch my child. I agreed to fill out the survey but continued watching my own child. When I finished, she kept me talking as my DD wandered farther away. As I started walking towards my DD while I was still talking to the woman, I noticed 2 men under either side of the walkway my DD was playing on, towards the middle of the playground equipment. There were no other kids near her. As I approached and called her name the men silently retreated. At the time I blew it off, but later that day it gave me pause. Then less than a week later Jessica went missing and I wondered if we narrowly escaped an abduction scheme. I can't imagine it was really anything or that they're connected. But it does make one wonder.

I fear there is truly a horrifying madman (or more than one, either working together or separately) out there. I'm feeling weird about having just moved here. This is chilling. unreal even.how is this possible, what is happening?

I believe the location of the backpack near the woman's house who killed her baby was an announcement that he had killed Jessica; its proximity to open space pointed to where she'd be found; the body's location in another open space, and the triangulation of the home, backpack and body are extremely poignant and meaningful, in the darkest ways, as some of you have mentioned. The "not intact" condition of the body and the method of how that occurred (at least as far as NG says) indicates extreme rage or loss of control, no? very very frightening.

My heart is breaking! Pure evil walking around makes me want to lock my granddaughter in a bubble until......I am not sure I could survive if this were my children or granddaughter. The thought of what Jessica's mommy and daddy makes me physically ill!

I know. My 11 y.o. daughter is on a school camp-out. Fortunately, I was scheduled out there today as I needed to hug her and not let go. I keep thinking of Jessica's parents. These cases shred my heart.

Anyone hear of a reward mentioned in Jessica Ridgeway's case? If not, why not? I am sure donors would come forward.
The predator that abducted, and more than likely murdered and dismembered her, imo, is no stranger to the game and will repeat, if not apprehended..

This is the first time I got a clear view of the fence that surrounds part of the park. I can see how she could be abducted and her friend and the friend's father not see anything.

Sad.

If you look at the intro lines of the reply e mails it is clear that the TITLE/Subject line of the initial email said "Children's Backpack Found" that is why the two following e mails have those words following the RE:

jmo

Regarding the backpack:

The person went out at about 6:30 on Saturday evening and the backpack was not there. He returned home around 1 AM and it was there. Knowing that children often leave their things and run off to play, he left the backpack were it was and assumed the owner would return to collect it. Later on Sunday, when the backpack was still there, he made a public post announcing that some child had mistakenly left their backpack near his house - hoping the parents would notice - and said "come and get it".

That's all there is to it.

The body found, which has not been identified, is not intact. The blue car in NH is not related, it was a woman with two kids who recently moved there from CO.

I'm probably getting paranoid here, but I hope they did some checking that those really are her kids...

(Note, not really thinking that the innocent woman dragged into this is guilty of anything.)

NG is saying "we know the body was hacked up".....

LE has not said that have they? We dont know how or why the body was not "intact".

The Denver Post and other media have reported that the "body was not intact". One could use a number of euphanisms for that phrase; some are gentler than others. People looking for ratings might make a more salacious choice of verbiage.

It is also possible that NG is absolutely right.

Given that LE found the body last night and has yet to positively ID it, it suggests the possibility that only a torso was discovered then. The lack of appendages for fingerprint ID, or a head for visual ID, would certainly delay the identification of the victim of this senseless, sicker-than-we-can-likely-imagine crime.

For those who want to "critique" Nancy Grace, there is a specific thread downstairs: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119784"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Folks, there is a Nancy grace complain thread in the basement. Take complaints there please.

I just moved to CO from Seattle. I'm freaking out. Our new house abuts beautiful open space - we're about 45 miles north of Westminster. I keep looking at the prairie & hills out the window, thinking about this horrifying case. I have a young DD so I'm freaked. I've been following this thread since the beginning but couldn't post as my email was not accepted during registration. I finally got it manually added.

I was at a local park 2 Sundays ago. My DD was playing on the playground. A woman asked me to complete a survey about city parks and said she would watch my child. I agreed to fill out the survey but continued watching my own child. When I finished, she kept me talking as my DD wandered farther away. As I started walking towards my DD while I was still talking to the woman, I noticed 2 men under either side of the walkway my DD was playing on, towards the middle of the playground equipment. There were no other kids near her. As I approached and called her name the men silently retreated. At the time I blew it off, but later that day it gave me pause. Then less than a week later Jessica went missing and I wondered if we narrowly escaped an abduction scheme. I can't imagine it was really anything or that they're connected. But it does make one wonder.

I fear there is truly a horrifying madman (or more than one, either working together or separately) out there. I'm feeling weird about having just moved here. This is chilling. unreal even.how is this possible, what is happening?

I believe the location of the backpack near the woman's house who killed her baby was an announcement that he had killed Jessica; its proximity to open space pointed to where she'd be found; the body's location in another open space, and the triangulation of the home, backpack and body are extremely poignant and meaningful, in the darkest ways, as some of you have mentioned. The "not intact" condition of the body and the method of how that occurred (at least as far as NG says) indicates extreme rage or loss of control, no? very very frightening.

I think you should notify your local LE about that. If it were me I'd call and ask to speak to a local detective. That is very suspicious and thank the Lord you were so aware of your surroundings and child's safety. Wonder if the city park survey was a ploy?

Regarding the backpack:

The person went out at about 6:30 on Saturday evening and the backpack was not there. He returned home around 1 AM and it was there. Knowing that children often leave their things and run off to play, he left the backpack were it was and assumed the owner would return to collect it. Later on Saturday, when the backpack was still there, he made a public post announcing that some child had mistakenly left their backpack near his house - hoping the parents would notice - and said "come and get it".

Thank you. I missed the email heading listing "Found Child's backpack" I sure do wish someone in that neighborhood had surveillance camera's.

One of the commentators on NG (who I have heard before and respect his opinions) stated that this was probably for transportation without being noticed. He thought that might mean the perp would live in an area or close to people who would notice anything larger.

Does sound like the perp is local. I really think (maybe more hoping) that LE has someone in mind. LE knows so much more than we do and lets just hope there's some fingerprints somewhere as well as dna.

All of the above is my opinion only.

I think LE has someone in mind. And as for DNA, it seems there would have to be DNA from the killer present on the body given it wasn't found in water & haven't heard of any rainy weather to wash the body. Assuming killer's DNA is found, the biggest issue would be is his DNA already in CODIS database?

I am watching NG....Alex Sanchez (Defense Attorney) says "this is beyond criminal, it is almost demonic in nature"

I'm probably getting paranoid here, but I hope they did some checking that those really are her kids...

(Note, not really thinking that the innocent woman dragged into this is guilty of anything.)

The FBI was involved and it seemed to be hours before we heard they were cleared, so I would think so.

Regarding the backpack:

The person went out at about 6:30 on Saturday evening and the backpack was not there. He returned home around 1 AM and it was there. Knowing that children often leave their things and run off to play, he left the backpack were it was and assumed the owner would return to collect it. Later on Saturday, when the backpack was still there, he made a public post announcing that some child had mistakenly left their backpack near his house - hoping the parents would notice - and said "come and get it".

Yes, I know this, I was responding to the person who said that the initial email made NO mention of a backpack. It did, but that was cut off the post of the email in an attempt to remove identifying info on the sender. The other specifics have been posted and reiterated a zillion times. The new info was the actual post of the email and responses sent regarding the finding of the bag.

jmo

I am watching NG....Alex Sanchez (Defense Attorney) says "this is beyond criminal, it is almost demonic in nature"

No one even knows what happened yet, it still could be due to animal activity, good grief, I hate HLN and I will stop now.

The Denver Post and other media have reported that the "body was not intact". One could use a number of euphanisms for that phrase; some are gentler than others. People looking for ratings might make a more salacious choice of verbiage.

It is also possible that NG is absolutely right.

Given that LE found the body last night and has yet to positively ID it, it suggests the possibility that only a torso was discovered then. The lack of appendages for fingerprint ID, or a head for visual ID, would certainly delay the identification of the victim of this senseless, sicker-than-we-can-likely-imagine crime.

If the body had been there for several months, animal actiity could cause a body to no longer be intact. NG is an absurd, ridiculous woman to be talking about an unidentified body as having been "hacked". She should stop pretending to be the voice of victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1