CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's here somewhere...I can't find it. So...that said, do we know if Jessica's elementary school has camera's trained on the parking lot or inside at entrances/hallways, etc?

I thought the body was found by men picking up trash along that road. Do they do trash pickup after dark?
I could be wrong, but that could be another media misspeak, which seems to be pretty common these days.

Is it possible the trash crew found *something*, not necessarily the *body* and that LE, after arriving to the area, searched and found the body?

In google maps, I see a white truck on the street where the friend lives. I was looking for a green truck b/c of the sighting of one near where the body was found.
can anyone take the time to use street view to locate a green truck on J's street?

I think it shows he is familiar with the area and seeks places that are similar.

This is all from the last thread, but bath salts would not cause or enable a person to abduct a child, commit a gruesome act, then transport the body and various pieces of evidence to different locations.

Here's a video of a guy on bath salts. LIVE FOOTAGE: Zombie High On Bath Salts!!! - YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeGdo30klkY
BTW, the guy who ate off that man's face in Florida? he was NOT on bath salts.

We have had child rapist murderers and serial killers forever. No need for a person to do some odd, new drug in order to abduct and murder and angel like Jessica.

Agreed.

Finally, Zola, you kept posting photos in the last thread of the exact location Jessica was abducted from. Since LE don't appear to have this info, how do you?

Are you referring to Zola's red X in these shots of where the victim was abducted from?

Side_of_houses_comparison_1_zpsc990095e.jpg

Per Zola when asked that question previously: "Law enforcement reported that the victim was abducted somewhere between her home and Chelsea Park (3 blocks). IMHO, the perpetrator(s) abducted her at Chelsea Park, as there are no houses with a direct view overlooking that location. (See lower right-hand image)."

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8444921&postcount=172"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ACTIVE SEARCH CO - AMBER ALERT: Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6[/ame]

Hi all, I am trying to play catch-up in the threads, so forgive me if I'm being redundant.

Here's a map I made on Google that shows the route she may have taken from her house, to the park, to the intersection that MSM says she may have been last seen (or is that just speculation?), to the school.

There are several RSOs in the immediate area of the route she would have walked, the park, and the school. I found a couple that seem -- very much MOO -- to be close in description to the "candy" man from September. I'm not sure if I can post info about them here or not... are we able to post any thoughts re: our opinions whether "candy man" guy has anything to do with this case?

Also, completely and totally MOO... if the body is hers (it's so terrible, I just feel sick about it), I'm thinking the person who did this is male and young-ish - not YOUNG, young, but under 45. I don't know why I think this, other than instinct. It just seems like something someone younger would do... someone who likes to watch violent, reality-bending movies, and someone who doesn't have many close friends. I'm thinking he may have less guy friends than girl friends, but few of any. A guy who is intelligent, but for whatever reason is something of an underachiever... maybe only because he is socially inept/awkward. I'll reckon he probably doesn't have much luck with having long-term relationships with women, or if he does, he seeks out women who become enamored with him but who themselves lack self-esteem and who may not be considered very attractive by societal standards. I think that what we are hearing about the body shows a rage... like this person became enraged at their victim... like in his mind, he sees himself as a victim and blames the true victim for "making" him do whatever sick things he has done. I also think he wants to be caught. After all... why go through the incredibly sick, troublesome, difficult act of making a body "not intact", but then taking it and simply dropping it off somewhere relatively close to civilization?

Again, all MOO. I am off to re-read the RSO rules to see if I can post about that...

I wish for peace and strength for Jessica and her family. I just cannot imagine what they are going through.

Attachments

• Home to School via Park.jpg
    Home to School via Park.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 55
Not new to Webslueths been lurking have not posted.. I have just been wondering why the backpack was located. Why the perp was so proud of their deed. The reports keep saying her backpack was found approx 6 miles from Jessica's house but, authorities are not disclosing what was in the backpack. A normal school backpack would have books, supplies, maybe a lunch, juice why not disclose the contents of her pack back? Was there something in it that let LE know that Jessica was deceased. I want to know What was in the her packback? just thinking outloud

It could be that. But...it could also and equally be that details like that are typically kept close to the vest so that if (or when) a confession takes place...or a slip up in an interview...only the perp would know the contents. Outside, of course, the parent <potentially> and the man/family who found it and looked inside.

"From a Google Search of Jessica Ridgeway: About 36,600,000 results (0.24 seconds)"

http://www.9news.com/news/article/2...-old-Jessica-Ridgeway-case-could-strike-again

FBI profiler says suspect in missing 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway case could strike again
The FBI assumes the person they're looking for is a male, as statistics show that is most likely the case.

"It could be your boss; it could be your friend, and ultimately it could be your family member," Van Zandt said.

Investigators have received more than 1,200 tips so far.

The FBI knows from experience, the best leads will likely come from people at home who have a hunch and make the call.

"We suspect that somebody in the community knows this individual," Denver FBI spokesman Dave Joly said.

Joly says you need to focus, not on how this person looks, but how they act.

"Any kind if unusual behavior between last Friday and today," Joly said.

That behavior could include missing work and appointments, leaving town, changes in alcohol and drug use, or even changes in appearance.

"Somebody who is very engaged in the media coverage of the investigation and maybe they're a little annoyed by all the coverage," Joly said.

First clue to the residents of Westminster; did your house reek of bleech when you got home a week ago today? If so then you might want to call the police, you're probably living with a child murderer. :yes:

I've been thinking of this too- but she left her pillow pet on the sidewalk (or street, can't tell which). I think she could have been snatched just that quickly. And not everyone screams- it can happen so fast, she might have just been surprised. I think there are some better expert opinions on that on WS.... anyone?

Stranger Danger means also teaching kids to scream, kick, bite, and pull hair- meaning is has to be taught- it is not actual instinct to scream and kick and yell at adults for most (all?) children.

BBM
I missed that she had left her pillow pet. Where was it found? Do you have a link where I could read about it? TIA

I think it shows he is familiar with the area and seeks places that are similar.

This is all from the last thread, but bath salts would not cause or enable a person to abduct a child, commit a gruesome act, then transport the body and various pieces of evidence to different locations.

Here's a video of a guy on bath salts.

BTW, the guy who ate off that man's face in Florida? he was NOT on bath salts.

We have had child rapist murderers and serial killers forever. No need for a person to do some odd, new drug in order to abduct and murder and angel like Jessica.

Agreed.

Finally, Zola, you kept posting photos in the last thread of the exact location Jessica was abducted from. Since LE don't appear to have this info, how do you?

I know that the situation itself is not funny AT ALL but I must be extremely tired or something because I am literally in tears at my desk laughing at the line I bolded. Is there ANY explanation for someone eating another humans face OFF? :floorlaugh:

http://www.examiner.com/article/wha...ssica-ridgeway-suspect-doesn-t-say-but-should

What the FBI profile on Jessica Ridgeway suspect doesn’t say, but should

JESSICA RIDGEWAY OCTOBER 12, 2012BY: RADELL SMITH

On Thursday the FBI provided the public with a profile of the suspect in the missing Colorado girl case of Jessica Ridgeway, a 10-year-old female child missing since Oct. 5 and believed abducted somewhere between her home and a two-block walk to a nearby park according to Fox News.

The law enforcement profile is the standard cookie-cutter version that fits this type of abduction scenario, with no exact details given, so as not to impede prosecution of any offender eventually nabbed for the crime.
(read more)

Radell Smith possesses a formal education in behavioral forensics as well as successful experience in the field of profiling unsolved homicides. She serves as the National Criminal Profiles Examiner as well, and readers can subscribe to her national criminal profiles column by clicking on the subscribe link above or following her on Twitter at CrimeProfiler1.

You know what I really picked up from the BAU guy last night? Him telling us to maybe watch for somebody who is deep into the coverage and maybe is not happy with the coverage. To me this means they are withholding important info on purpose, and maybe misinforming us or searching in completely wrong areas for show. They're smoking him out. He might get annoyed enough that he contacts somebody about it or sends in his own tips.

and on that note, I haven't wanted to post this here because I get an eerie feeling he might also be visiting here from time to time to see what a stir he's caused...this is the thought that kept me up last night

How long does it take an Amber Alert to be started once police are called?

Oh... one more question about RSOs. Here in Oregon, they post RSOs most recent-known vehicles on the online registry. I noticed in CO they don't seem to do that in the statewide online registry. Does anyone know if that information is available to the public?

I guess actually that the police are probably already all over this. I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt for them to investigate last-known vehicles attached to RSOs, but then to also expand that out and investigate known nearby relatives/affiliates with RSOs and what vehicles they may have... people can and do borrow cars all the time for moving furniture, BBQs, etc., and that would seem like a perfectly reasonable request and the person loaning the vehicle may not think anything out of the ordinary by such a request.

Just a little factoid-Children are statistically much more likely to get injured or killed if they are driven to school by parents than if they walk there, even if they walk alone. The reason: Auto collisions.

Just some food for thought :)

And while no one ever wants to even entertain the thought of their children perishing, I would choose a quick car accident with a loving mother over the evil that sweet Jessica met.....that she probably begged and pleaded with. That's the food my thoughts eat.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

It could mean that they've got DNA from the backpack...the body part...or from the hope that they will find DNA on future findings (body).

Or on the plastic bag.....

You know what I really picked up from the BAU guy last night? Him telling us to maybe watch for somebody who is deep into the coverage and maybe is not happy with the coverage. To me this means they are withholding important info on purpose, and maybe misinforming us or searching in completely wrong areas for show. They're smoking him out. He might get annoyed enough that he contacts somebody about it or sends in his own tips.

and on that note, I haven't wanted to post this here because I get an eerie feeling he might also be visiting here from time to time to see what a stir he's caused...this is the thought that kept me up last night

I agree on all points.

First clue to the residents of Westminster; did your house reek of bleech when you got home a week ago today? If so then you might want to call the police, you're probably living with a child murderer. :yes:

UGH,,,get out the tequila.

[/B]

Are you referring to Zola's red X in these shots of where the victim was abducted from?

Side_of_houses_comparison_1_zpsc990095e.jpg

Per Zola when asked that question previously: "Law enforcement reported that the victim was abducted somewhere between her home and Chelsea Park (3 blocks). IMHO, the perpetrator(s) abducted her at Chelsea Park, as there are no houses with a direct view overlooking that location. (See lower right-hand image)."

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - ACTIVE SEARCH CO - AMBER ALERT: Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #6

The labeling on these images continues to bother me, as the label "abducted here" is Very Misleading and implies facts/knowledge not yet known. I wish the author could change the label. :::sigh:::
Those readers who haven't read previous conversations by this author where she clarified it was Just Her Opinion...may get the wrong idea. :(

I know that the situation itself is not funny AT ALL but I must be extremely tired or something because I am literally in tears at my desk laughing at the line I bolded. Is there ANY explanation for someone eating another humans face OFF? :floorlaugh:

I can't help but laugh, too. It's so crazy, isn't it? So totally topsy-turvy that we are actually sitting here calmly discussing explanations for people doing absolutely inexplicable things. The humor helps, though. Sometimes I have to take a break from this site because I find myself becoming too overwhelmed/too upset by the cases. I have so much respect for LE who deal with this every day. It has to take a tremendous toll on them.

the folks who saw the back pack said it was not there Saturday evening (i think they said 6:45 pm), but was there very early AM (i believe they said 1 am) Sunday.

Its possible they are incorrect, but if they are correct, it appears to have been dropped late Saturday night or very early AM Sunday.

Right, but the fact it was found right where it was found does not mean the perp put it right where it was found.

Yes, why leave the bag and risk touch DNA or car fibers getting on the bag? Also, as I understand, dogs tracked the bag from a local school to the drop off point. Why risk lurking around the neighborhood late at night to drop the bag? It seems like he just didn't throw it out of the car window or whatever.

Why leave the bag at all? I get that maybe he wanted to throw off detectives in the opposite direction, but he could have done that with just leaving her water bottle or one specific item with her name on it. Why the whole bag, risking exposure?

It would seem odd too if the perp did not touch something in the bag. I mean, did he wear gloves when he handled the bag and its contents? If so that would indicate a very well, planned out attack and not something done as a crime of opportunity.

he could have easily discarded the bag in the trash somewhere or even burned its contents. He wanted the bag to be found but why? Maybe it is the case that the perp is nearby and wanted to throw off LE to get away from tne neighborhood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1