CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be that. But...it could also and equally be that details like that are typically kept close to the vest so that if (or when) a confession takes place...or a slip up in an interview...only the perp would know the contents. Outside, of course, the parent <potentially> and the man/family who found it and looked inside.

Yes, you are right. The perp would know what was in it. :furious:
Just sick. Bad enough she was murdered.. the dismemberment is just on a different level.
Thanks.

In google maps, I see a white truck on the street where the friend lives. I was looking for a green truck b/c of the sighting of one near where the body was found.
can anyone take the time to use street view to locate a green truck on J's street?

Like this one? Do we have the exact info about the truck description?

green truck.jpg

i solve this problem by driving my son to school, and having him in aftercare until I can pick him up. We do not allow our child, and will not allow our child to wander free in the neighborhood as it sounds Jessica was able to do.

I understand the challenge of being a single mother, and working - financial and time challenges and I have incredible sympathy.

THIS! I personally do not have children of my own, but after being a member for a while now...there is ZERO way I am going to allow my children to be left unattended anywhere. They are not safe at school, on the way to school, at the Mall with friends, in our front or back yards...this world is a different place from what many of us grew up in.

Praying for Jessica's family and wearing purple.

in fact the white truck is right across the st from the friend's house.

In google maps, I see a white truck on the street where the friend lives. I was looking for a green truck b/c of the sighting of one near where the body was found.
can anyone take the time to use street view to locate a green truck on J's street?

I'll look thru the neighborhood.

Also..if anyone can help me recall something from early on. I recall talk that I thought was here at WS.. of a neighbor with a work/utility vehicle with a company logo/name on it..and that it was subsequently driven away with an RV or camper of some sort? If anyone recalls talk like this and can direct me? If this post is out of line...please advise or remove. tia

Did anyone notify LE about the youtube recordings? I know people complained to youtube (and they are gone). I just want to make sure LE was made aware of them.

It could be that. But...it could also and equally be that details like that are typically kept close to the vest so that if (or when) a confession takes place...or a slip up in an interview...only the perp would know the contents. Outside, of course, the parent <potentially> and the man/family who found it and looked inside.

Considering that most cases are solved due to an aware public's tips, dna forensics, circumstantial evidence, and the POI or suspects have the right to remain silent, and the right to an Attorney.
Why would the contents of the backpack be kept close to the vest in the investigation?
Many, if not most missing/murdered persons investigations grow cold due to this 1950s antiquated silence strategy, imo...

Not new to Webslueths been lurking have not posted.. I have just been wondering why the backpack was located. Why the perp was so proud of their deed. The reports keep saying her backpack was found approx 6 miles from Jessica's house but, authorities are not disclosing what was in the backpack. A normal school backpack would have books, supplies, maybe a lunch, juice why not disclose the contents of her pack back? Was there something in it that let LE know that Jessica was deceased. I want to know What was in the her packback? just thinking outloud

I think the perp put her clothing in the backpack. Bragging, like "see what I did?" Because it was after the discovery of the backpack (I think) that LE emphasized that she could have on different clothing etc. I think he put her glasses in there also, to show that he had totally stripped her. Oh g-d, if I could get my hands on this monster :furious:

We may never know why the backpack was left, just like we may never know why Holly's lunch bag was, or Sierra's book bag. They may all have different reasons, or thought processes. I don't think much can be gleaned from that type of clue until we find out why, for real, some of these perps left these items where they did.

Could be they were panicked, had forgotten and were close to home, were "baiting",were trying to mislead, etc. & etc. We just don't know, and IMO, neither do the profilers, especially when they do not know who the suspect is yet.

Does anyone know if Jessica always walked alone part of the way?? Or just on this day due to a mishap/miscommunication?

holy *****. when I heard the witness describe the green truck - that is EXACTLY the image that entered my mind.
where'd you find that picture? google maps?<modsnip>?

Right across the street from JR's house.

That google image may be years old with people moving all the time...Plus the google image of my parent's house shows my car there and me in the yard, but I don't live there

I am wondering if the road crew/trash people are there on work project. It would be a good way to explain why your dna was on the remains if you are the person who found them, seemingly innocently, while working.

It is all soo sad .... and yet so "unpreventable" in so many ways .... if a predator decides that this is the day to take his prey then it is almost inevitable that he will find the way to do so ... no parent ...... no matter how protective or observant (or whatever you wish to phrase it) can ever be with their child 24/7 ... nor should they be ... talk about inhibiting their natural need to grow and become independent functioning individuals ... we should never, in cases like this, ever put even the slightest blame upon the parents who have been cleared by the police as being 100% not involved .... even if the phone had been answered ... what then? The sadistic monster still has grabbed the child .... and gone ..... it happens in a second and even the most doting of parents can lose their children to these monsters!!!!! what is the answer? ..... yes walking in groups would be good, screaming,kicking and fighting whenever anyone (other than direct family) try to take them anywhere, however the predator may still win out.... my daughter (20) was stalked and abducted by a supposedly professional coworker ... she died a terrible death (after only 20 days of knowing the individual) ... was tortured for hours ... she knew Judo, she had been taught "stranger danger" ... and yet no-one could have foreseen this evil..... how can a normal good hearted individual ever know and truly see evil ... they cloak it to fit in and in the end if they decide they wish to kill they will do so.... dear beautiful Jessica, her lovely family and fiends are simply victims of this monster ... if not dear Jessica then he/she would have found someone else. My heart is with her dear sweet mother and father who raised such a lovely vibrant girl, with her friends and family, as are my prayers!!! Rest in peace darling girl and dance amoung the angels!!!!

Yes, why leave the bag and risk touch DNA or car fibers getting on the bag? Also, as I understand, dogs tracked the bag from a local school to the drop off point. Why risk lurking around the neighborhood late at night to drop the bag? It seems like he just didn't throw it out of the car window or whatever.

Why leave the bag at all? I get that maybe he wanted to throw off detectives in the opposite direction, but he could have done that with just leaving her water bottle or one specific item with her name on it. Why the whole bag, risking exposure?

It would seem odd too if the perp did not touch something in the bag. I mean, did he wear gloves when he handled the bag and its contents? If so that would indicate a very well, planned out attack and not something done as a crime of opportunity.

he could have easily discarded the bag in the trash somewhere or even burned its contents. He wanted the bag to be found but why? Maybe it is the case that the perp is nearby and wanted to throw off LE to get away from tne neighborhood?

That would be what I would do -Throw the bag in a dumpster. This monster wants this to be like a game it seems. That is why I am wondering if there was something else in the bag that they wanted LE to see. I see why LE is not coming out and telling everything they know but the bag found on the sidewalk/street appears to be a taunt. The park looked so rough there were some serious places to hide her. jmo

BBM
I missed that she had left her pillow pet. Where was it found? Do you have a link where I could read about it? TIA

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435263&postcount=2171"]Peachy's Rewind[/ame] - (from the Basement Scanner thread. See the 8:08 - 8:38 entry.)

Could it be mistaken for a "pick up truck"?

ETA: Maybe from the side or front and from a distance.
green truck back.JPG

reminder: if you are going to say something about a scanner post you need to provide a link to what you are discussing, just like you would with a media article. If you need to go back and add a link to your post that would be very helpful.

Not new to Webslueths been lurking have not posted.. I have just been wondering why the backpack was located. Why the perp was so proud of their deed. The reports keep saying her backpack was found approx 6 miles from Jessica's house but, authorities are not disclosing what was in the backpack. A normal school backpack would have books, supplies, maybe a lunch, juice why not disclose the contents of her pack back? Was there something in it that let LE know that Jessica was deceased. I want to know What was in the her packback? just thinking outloud

Me too. The fact LE wont tell us what's in the backpack is telling. Glad ya chimed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1