CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I didn't know Jessica, I'm so sad for her and her family. I hope she didn't suffer too much.

My heart breaks when I see "Found Deceased" on this thread.

I feel awful for the entire family, but when I heard the news that the body was Jessica's, my first thought was of her father's tears when he talked about his little girl during the family interview. He must be absolutely shattered now. The entire family . . . I guess life as they knew it ended last Friday.

RIP, smiling, helpful little Jessica. You've touched more people than you ever could have imagined.

Well, we live about 7 miles from where Jessica lived (past tense, ugh) and my 13 year old daughter went to school with her. It is too close to home...

My daughter has begged me to let her have some more freedom and this past summer, I relented, as long as she was ALWAYS with friends, she could run around the neighborhood. She found her first crush and later said that it was the best summer of her life because "I finally got my freedom".

Well, that has all come to a screeching halt. She is outside, no more then 10 feet from the front porch and her friends can come over here. Somehow our living room is not as attractive as being away from the house but I am hoping for some really cold temps now so all the kids stay inside and get driven to school.

This has completely rocked my world.

Same thing here. About an hour from Jessica, but that is close enough to keep the fear in my mind strong. I JUST started letting my daughter walk around by herself just a tiny bit in our "safe" neighborhood. Forget it. Not anymore. I just can't. :please:

Make me angry someone could do this to a child.

Besides the announcement one thing that struck me was the Chief making the announcement and the hash tags on his sleeve. I think each hash tag is four years but I could be wrong.

The mans been working tirelessly and I can tell from his face he wants this killer caught, he hadn't even the time to shave. He's doing everything he can to track him/them down and protect the community. I appreciate men like this who are so dedicated to protecting others and the difficult job it must be in these cases.

Yes I'd like the city listserv email if anyone has it, thanks.

Somewhere earlier in the thread (sorry no link) someone explained that we don't know if they were actually Tracking a scent or if the handlers walked there and back with the dogs to see if they picked up a scent. So there isn't enough info to know if it was signifigant or not.

OK, lets put the dogs aside for a sec, then, and I'll put it differently: There are two schools, each <0.5 miles of both the location where she is assumed to be abducted and where her backpack was found. That seems, at a minimum, curious.

Oh my GOSH....a HUGE roll of thunder just let loose over Westminster!!!!

TOTALLY unexpected, not forecast.

This FEELS like such a sign!

JBR was murdered inside her house by one of her parents and the scene was then staged. Zero similarity to Jessica's case.

Im not sure about other counties in CO...but in my county, this upcoming week is fall break....which means LOTS of kids will be outside playing....

so this is a very very good reminder!

Not to mention Halloween and trick-or-treating

Did anyone else take from this that they think this is a local?

Our children are basically prisoners..even in their own community!

SBM

I grieve not only for the loss of Jessica, but for the innocence that will be lost from the other children in the area and in Jessica's world, who have to somehow comprehend what has happened.

God Bless the authorities, the community and each and every person who grieves for this precious child.

I'm so far behind on reading (darn work!), so forgive me if this has been discussed already. I was reading again about how police won't comment on what was in Jessica's backpack. I had the horrible thought - was there a body part inside? Sick photos the perp took? Some sort of taunting note or map? I wonder if the contents hold any clues as to who did this.
I'm wearing purple and praying Jessica is safe and at peace. May justice be SWIFT AND HARSH upon the heads of anyone who harmed this innocent child.

OK, lets put the dogs aside for a sec, then, and I'll put it differently: There are two schools, each <0.5 miles of both the location where she is assumed to be abducted and where her backpack was found. That seems, at a minimum, curious.

The backpack was found in Superior, Co. about 6 miles away from JR home.

... snip ...
- Teach your kids to never approach anyone in a car who stops, unless they already know that person.

I can't agree with that, we (my siblings and I ) were taught never to approach anyone in a car even if we "knew" them. It doesn't make them a safe person.

R.I.P Jessica

With Halloween coming up, parents please DO NOT let your children trick or treat without you. Each year, I see kids (pre-teens and sometimes even younger) trick-or-treating without adult supervision. Not a good idea.

Also keep an eye on other people's kids while you're out with your own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmb123