CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also thinking about her mother and how she was working night shift and raising her daughter alone. It's tough going. I imagine she is probably feeling so guilty for leaving her phone where it wouldn't disturb her so she could get some much-needed sleep; I doubt it can be put into words. My heart really breaks for her.

I remember when my daughter was a little girl and the most wonderful thing was to put my nose in her hair and deeply breath in her soft scent. My heart breaks for Jessica's mom who will never be able to do this again. I don't know how she will ever be able to come out of this. May she know thousands and thousands of mothers' hearts are breaking for her loss too.

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but what are Westminster PD going to post on twitter as soon as they can?

If it was a genuine question from a reporter (which I somehow doubt - he was so well rehearsed with that answer) then they may have just been prying or have a suspicion they wanted verified.

JMO

See post #736

Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but what are Westminster PD going to post on twitter as soon as they can?

Photos of command center, as they said they have been getting requests from people wanting to know what one looked like...

The comparison I was making was the cooperation, the calling in of other agencies, the reliance on the FabI, all of which was completely dysfunctional in the time of JBR. If they had acted like adults back then, responsible, open minded professionals who rely on the expertise offered to them, maybe JBR would have seen justice. We will never know.

I'm not sure if Colorado LE has changed in 17 years, or if Boulder is just a completely different place from Westminster. I have heard Boulder described as "25 sq. miles surrounded by reality". Reality, being the rest of the state.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cirg/investigations-and-operations-support

Police will not say if they're using FBI ViCAP system.

Did a reporter ask this question or did LE independently offer this comment?

A reporter asked. They said they will not release info about evidence. He asked again "But I'm not asking specifics about the evidence. I'm asking if you are using ViCap (don't know exactly what they system is but it sounds like VICAP)." FBI agent said we will not answer that question.

I have Life360 on both my phone and my DD's phone. It's a free app for smartphones (I think there might be a way to use it on other devices, but I'm not sure) and it is a family tracking service. Now I can always look at my phone and it will tell me exactly where my DD's phone is at any time. If I can't put a GPS chip inside her arm, I guess this is the next best thing. (I'm only half-joking about the GPS chip)

Just FYI in case anyone is interested in it.

http://www.life360.com/

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-20071791-1/life360-turns-your-smartphone-into-a-lifeline/

I am all for the chips. Wish all of my grandkids had one right now. I have that Life360 apps too.

JMO

abbie

Don't think there's a mainstream media thread on this case.

Just breaks my heart. I want to put my head down at my desk and cry.

Here is a link that has the complete raw video from the news conference as well as a live interview that KCTV5 did with Jessica's great uncle. The paternal family lives in Missouri.

So if you missed the news conference it's here. And you can see on your smartphone, ipad, etc .

http://www.kctv5.com/story/19808209...ide-update-on-the-search-for-jessica-ridgeway

I am so saddened. Sweet Jessica, go with the angels.

This is never easy, is it?

My heart goes out to her parents and I can never imagine their pain. My heart is also with those who are in the area and will not sleep well or let their children out of their sight for a moment.

What ever happened to a carefree childhood?

I know it's crazy, but I feel him watching.

news is reporting that the profilers believe the perp is watching the news and everything else revolving around this...

source: 9news @5:15 (or so)

I am sure they are using all the resources possible from the FBI. Why wouldn't theyuse VICAP? But they have no reason to be specific.

Oh I see the question was asked as per above - thanks. Interesting though.

They keep stressing perp is 'in our community'.

Thanks for the link Woe, I was wondering what Vicap was, have never heard of it before.

Violent Criminal Apprehension Program/ViCAP Web

The Violent Criminal Apprehension Program (ViCAP) maintains the largest investigative repository of violent crime cases in the United States. It is a web-based data information center designed to collect and analyze information about homicides, sexual assaults, missing persons, and unidentified human remains. ViCAP Web users compare information in an attempt to identify similar cases and help move investigations forward.

ViCAP’s mission is to facilitate cooperation and coordination between law enforcement agencies and to provide support to those agencies in their efforts to apprehend and prosecute violent serial offenders, especially those who cross jurisdictional boundaries.

Since its creation by the Department of Justice in 1985, more than 4,000 law enforcement agencies have submitted cases to ViCAP, and there are currently over 84,000 cases in the database. More than 4,000 investigators and analysts are registered users of the system, and together they forge a powerful nationwide network of professionals collaborating on a daily basis.

Law enforcement agencies may obtain access to ViCAP’s database via a secure Internet link on the Law Enforcement Online (LEO) network by contacting ViCAP at vicap@leo.gov, or by visiting www.leo.gov. Users can enter cases directly into ViCAP via the web and conduct queries on a real-time basis.

news is reporting that the profilers believe the perp is watching the news and everything else revolving around this...

source: 9news @5:15 (or so)

JMO and I have great respect for LE, but profilers come out with the most obvious statements.

So, if it was in fact Kirby Park, that changes her route to school, correct? I don't know her home address or I'd google it. I'll try to go back and find it in the scanner reports.

I too am watching Jane, daughter just called, home safe and sound. She said it is warm, raining, thunder & lightening with a very creepy somber feeling. She walked her dog up to her mailbox and came right back. I am so releived she is staying home tonight!
Her birthday was yesterday and she was goig to go to a movie with a friend but it was crazy at work she said and she really just wants to be home. Everyone is scared and looking over their shoulder.

A reporter asked. They said they will not release info about evidence. He asked again "But I'm not asking specifics about the evidence. I'm asking if you are using ViCap (don't know exactly what they system is but it sounds like VICAP)." FBI agent said we will not answer that question.

Quoting myself to add:
The reporter had asked in the original question if they had run ViCap and if there had been a MATCH to any other crime. I think that is why they won't answer the question. Whether it did or not would tip off the perp as to what they know.

I'll say it if the cops won't - I'd be aware of public parks & education employees and patrons. If it's not a neighbor who lives in the hood, it could likely be someone who frequents the rec ctr or is at or near the elem school for some reason.
Nice warm welcome to Colorado. not to be self centered, but it's just a scary thing to have happen when you first move somewhere new (with a DD).

Oh I see the question was asked as per above - thanks. Interesting though.

They keep stressing perp is 'in our community'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor