CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone who spoke on NG last night (a woman reporting from the location where the body was found) said that she had good information that the body had been dismembered. She said they can tell by what is missing and how it was removed. For instance, if it's cut through the bone versus torn, etc.

From another case, I knew a coroner is trained to make this assessment quickly by looking at the remains.

JVM just "reprimanded" an expert for using the word dismembered! You go JVM!

Good for her! Maybe she's hoping to get the Nancy Grace show timeslot if/when the powers-that-be at HLN cancel Nancy's show. Something that I think should happen after the way she reported on the state of the remains on her show last night. It literally made me sick.

Did you guys just see all the red evidence flags and spray paint on JVM? They are every where, even out on the road. WTH??

my DD's b'day is today!
yes, looking south over the prairie I can't see all the way to Westminster, but close. Interesting clouds and shafts of light coming down to the ground. and you can see where the rain is hitting the ground. very somber and atmospheric. but beautiful too.

I too am watching Jane, daughter just called, home safe and sound. She said it is warm, raining, thunder & lightening with a very creepy somber feeling. She walked her dog up to her mailbox and came right back. I am so releived she is staying home tonight!
Her birthday was yesterday and she was goig to go to a movie with a friend but it was crazy at work she said and she really just wants to be home. Everyone is scared and looking over their shoulder.

So, if it was in fact Kirby Park, that changes her route to school, correct? I don't know her home address or I'd google it. I'll try to go back and find it in the scanner reports.

I don't think there is a Kirby Park up here? Sure she didn't say Ketner?

I'm puzzling out why he (I noted that the LE did ID the suspect as a male) would leave her laying out to be found?

IMHO that's a bit odd. He had time to ensure the remains were "not intact" (define that as you may, but after following these cases for several years here that usually equates dismembered in some fashion---just being honest) then why wouldn't he have time to hide her remains in such a way that they were never found or that it was more unlikely that she be found.

Just puzzling this right now while watching JVM too.

Of course we knew it was most likely Jessica, but it's so heart-wrenching to have the confirmation. I pray for Jessica's family and friends, and I pray that God will guide LE to find and apprehend their suspect quickly.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk 2

On JVM they're going to talk about the white van that was spotted in the area the day before Jessica's disappearance.....after the commercial break that is on right now.

Keeping all you Colorado posters in my thoughts & prayers. I live a good distance from you all here in NC and I am feeling extremely unsettled & sad about this - can't even imagine how you locals must feel.

R.I.P. little Jessica

I can only hope the case moves as fast from here as the Jorelys Rivera case did. Plus, if it ended the same, that would be a plus. However, I think we are dealing with a whole different type of monster here.

I just cannot imagine the kind of evil it would take to do something like this. Blows my mind. I look forward to him being apprehended, wherever and whoever he is. They are coming for you, sooner or later.

I imagine this perp might actually be what Ryan Brunn would have become if he hadn't been so sloppy.

Warning: graphic

I'm afraid I have to agree with some posters in that I believe all they had to work with was sweet Jessica's torso. They wouldn't need her parents to look at her to do dental analysis. It would be done by professionals with x-rays and/or photos of Jessica while smiling.

I have to add, I wonder if they were able to get perp DNA from poor Jessica's body. I hate to think how it would get there but having DNA would be good. I would think it would be more likely there would be a transfer of usuable DNA on the body than on, say, the backpack. MOO.

Rest in peace, sweet baby, and dear Lord, help her parents and loved ones find comfort in one another.

I'll say it if the cops won't - I'd be aware of public parks & education employees and patrons. If it's not a neighbor who lives in the hood, it could likely be someone who frequents the rec ctr or is at or near the elem school for some reason.
Nice warm welcome to Colorado. not to be self centered, but it's just a scary thing to have happen when you first move somewhere new (with a DD).

Yes they're hinting that the perp is local (versus a truck driver).
But it could be anybody in any profession as far as we know so far.

news is reporting that the profilers believe the perp is watching the news and everything else revolving around this...

source: 9news @5:15 (or so)

Well, that just makes him a little chicken ****, doesn't it? He's so big and bad.... but only to helpless little girls. Why doesn't he ball up and face the REAL men in charge of this situation now?

Someone who spoke on NG last night (a woman reporting from the location where the body was found) said that she had good information that the body had been dismembered. She said they can tell by what is missing and how it was removed. For instance, if it's cut through the bone versus torn, etc.

From another case, I knew a coroner is trained to make this assessment quickly by looking at the remains.

Tool marks would be evident, so naturally a ME could tell if this were the case. I wish media/talking heads would quit speculating on dismemberment. There is a good chance it can be attributed to animal activity (so hard to type either of those possibilities). :moo:

Did you guys just see all the red evidence flags and spray paint on JVM? They are every where, even out on the road. WTH??

Made me think of Aliahna Lemmon and Zahra Baker when I saw that. JMHO

As completely heartbroken as I am right now, I think everyone needs to focus on the profile:

That person, most likely a male, may suddenly miss work or scheduled appointments. He may leave town, either with no explanation or with some plausible reason.

The person may express an intense interest in the status of this investigation and pay close attention to the media. Conversely, he may quickly turn off media accounts or try to redirect conversations concerning the victims or their families.

Joly said to be on the lookout for changes in the usual consumption of alcohol or drugs. Or pay attention when someone suddenly changes their appearance or alters something to prevent identification, such as changing the look of his vehicle, cutting his hair or shaving a beard.

This person likely has a job, has access to healthcare/insurance or has recently visited an ER (ala Brandon Lavergne), has a vehicle and access to TV/web, and is a member of the community.

Read more: Jessica Ridgeway search: FBI asks for help finding suspect who fits profile - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ch-westminster-police-plan-6-45#ixzz2988kE7n6
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

to make people more horrified and scared. to feel more powerful.
I'd say dude has a small appendage, and is emasculated in his relationships. that's kinda obvious, but...

I'm puzzling out why he (I noted that the LE did ID the suspect as a male) would leave her laying out to be found?

IMHO that's a bit odd. He had time to ensure the remains were "not intact" (define that as you may, but after following these cases for several years here that usually equates dismembered in some fashion---just being honest) then why wouldn't he have time to hide her remains in such a way that they were never found or that it was more unlikely that she be found.

Just puzzling this right now while watching JVM too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuthchic