CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Brunn (Jorelys Rivera) went right to the victim's mother's apartment hours after he sexually assulated/bludgened/stabbed/ her daughter and threw her in a dumpster and asked for a photo of Jorelys to use as the police went apartment to apartment. If I remember correctly, he even left a note that she was in the dumpster...

And Melissa Huckaby (Sandra Cantu) was very similar.

The woman who torched Jonathan Foster with a welding torch... came to the victim's house immediately after killing him.
Plenty of suspects assist in the search, comfort the families, etc. Lori Arrowood's killer did this among others.

In all of these the suspect "knew" the victim at least by association.
I think that is likely in this case as well.

No apologies needed AW. I didn't know the rules now that they've changed myself. I did see where tricia ok'ed it on another thread but didn't know that they had been made official rules.

I hope they find who did this quickly though.
Thanks Kat. Further confusion was last night, when I saw pictures posted, sketches, names etc..and those WS members got a big stern warning from the Mods. Everything was removed.

Again, I would NEVER stick up for a RSO! I won't even go there with my feelings on them. :furious::furious::furious::furious:

Ghostwheel backthread somewhere IIRC there is a post by a member who linked that they were still searching for body parts. I'm not sure on which page it's located.

I posted a link backthread too, earlier this evening and it was stated that DNA was used to ID her.

Just sharing what I remembered.
Thanks, I'll look for the body parts link. I haven't seen anything about that in the articles I've seen yet. And I believe they would still need DNA to identify if all the parts were there, but somehow destroyed (I won't post the many ways that could happen)

Found a link referring to missing parts and that was tweet from JustinJoseph so I take that as maybe, maybe not accurate. Could be either.

His music, his artwork, and his comment are creepy.

His service to the community is to give people....EMPOWERMENT.

http://www.faustinolimon.com/

The comment about his having a big heart for the opressed is as equally disheartening. :vomit:

Thanks Kat. Further confusion was last night, when I saw pictures posted, sketches, names etc..and those WS members got a big stern warning from the Mods. Everything was removed.

Again, I would NEVER stick up for a RSO! I won't even go there with my feelings on them. :furious::furious::furious::furious:

no worries! I think everyone here feels the same way about RSO's my friend :)

Have they cleared the older brother of the friend that JR used to walk to school with after she met up with them?

They haven't mentioned him that I have seen.. or the dad for that matter. Not pointing fingers.. I'm sure its more than likely not the case and I'm sure they are devastated. I've just found it odd that I haven't seen or heard anything about them since very early on. And like others said earlier, as a parent, if I knew a 10 year old was suppose to meet up with me somewhere, and they didn't show- I'd be knocking on the door till her mom woke up.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

The only words used I heard were "not intact", though I missed today's presser.

That's all I heard him use too. Although, it's been made fairly clear that body parts are missing since they couldn't check fingerprints or dental records for identification, and he said that they couldn't tell yet if there had been a sexual assault because of the condition of (or damage to, I can't remember which he said) the body.

Like a sore thumb.... and I really haven't been here that long.

OOPS,Maybe I should have said a while lol,besides, we're sleuths and observant too.

You know even if you're new there's a sense of camaraderie and understanding here that just is part of the flow too. I just think we Websleuthers are special.:blowkiss:

I was away at a conference all day, can someone post or send me a note of any new info? I saw they confirmed the body was indeed Jessica, has any other information been released?

Thanks, I'll look for the body parts link. I haven't seen anything about that in the articles I've seen yet. And I believe they would still need DNA to identify if all the parts were there, but somehow destroyed (I won't post the many ways that could happen)

I thought that was a really fast turn around on DNA being used to postively ID her.

Does anyone know how long the mtDNA tests take now? Must have really shaved down the turn around time on those!

Ryan Brunn (Jorelys Rivera) went right to the victim's mother's apartment hours after he sexually assulated/bludgened/stabbed/ her daughter and threw her in a dumpster and asked for a photo of Jorelys to use as the police went apartment to apartment. If I remember correctly, he even left a note that she was in the dumpster...

And Melissa Huckaby (Sandra Cantu) was very similar.

I live just up the road from where the Jorelys Rivera, tragedy happened. Elizabeth Smart, visited her mother and spoke with children from the Canton, GA, community. She is such an inspiration..

With that said, Green River serial killer; Gary Ridgeway, had a victim in his bedroom when LE responded to his home in the early 80's, after the victim's BF & Father recognized his truck. He convinced the officers that they were mistaken.
Ridgeway, then considered a prime POI/Suspect by the GR task force passed two polygraphs and several interrogations by investigators.
Ridgeway, a sadistic psychopath's IQ was only in the 70's...He attended classes sort of speak, seminars/book sighnings, held by Author Ann Rule.. After his eventual arrest, her daughter said GR was a regular fixture at the book signings, but never purchased a book..

Fast forward two decades and forty-plus innocent victims later.. In November 2001, Gary Ridgeway was identified/arrested/convicted due to DNA technology upgrades which was available to investigators in 1996...

His music, his artwork, and his comment are creepy.

His service to the community is to give people....EMPOWERMENT.

http://www.faustinolimon.com/

The comment about his having a big heart for the opressed is as equally disheartening. :vomit:

His pic on that link and his art and his wording is just off, odd, ick.

Sorry. I certainly didn't mean to stick up to a RSO! The report was from Denver, I believe 26 miles away, and they didn't give the address. There were names posted here and I didn't think we were allowed to do that unless they were near the victim or named. That's what I thought, but obviously I was wrong. Again, sorry.

No apology needed. You're correct.

Before you guys post information on RSO's, please be sure the individual lives "in the area", say within 5 miles of the victim. Also be sure you're linking to the right RSO. Even unusual names can be shared by more than one person.

This may be a stupid question, but this crime has caused me to wonder about how they "clear" people. LE was able to "clear" the family, and I think that's great. I'm not suggesting that they were wrong, in any way. I just want to know from someone who knows how these things happen, HOW they clear people. For example, Sarah was home sleeping and I presume that no one else was at home to prove that. So then, how can LE "clear" someone like that with certain? If this is done via LDT and since they're inadmissable in court, how can LE then use them to clear someone before going to court? I've been told that when LE interviews people, they are traind to watch body language, which can point to guilt. I think it's probably pretty obvious that Sarah must feel varying degrees of guilt. Any parent in her situation would, but then unfortunately she has the added guilt of having been asleep when the phone rang. So....wouldn't those feelings pop up during the interviews? Are the investigators just trained how to read the difference, and this is what they go by? It's just so curious to me how this process works because unless someone has an outright aliby, and especially since most crimes to children happen at the hands of a family member, I just don't know how they were cleared so quickly (not just her family, but those in other crimes as well). It makes me wonder if they might not have had some other evidence, perhaps something that was found in the backpack or elsewhere, which directed them away from the family.

In this case, Sarah was probably mostly cleared through the backpack. She was probably with LE from the point at which it became clear that this was not a kid who got distracted playing at a friend's house (this is standard procedure in many jurisdictions, anyway).

The backpack was placed at some time between 6:30 pm Saturday and 1:00 am Sunday. It was 6 miles from Sarah's residence, so too far away for her to sneak out of her bathroom window, run over, plant the backpack, then sneak back through her bathroom window without being noticed.

Jeremiah was probably cleared via being in Missouri at the time of the abduction.

Grandma and aunt who live with Jessica may well have been cleared both by being at work and by being under observation during the time when the backpack was planted.

I really and truly hope LE in this case is too smart to clear anyone on the basis of a polygraph or impressions of credibility. Polygraphs are little better than a coin flip and psychopaths are often able to fool investigators who are looking for signs of guilt or remorse because they just don't feel those things in any meaningful manner.

I've removed posts. If the person some of you are sleuthing is a registered sex offender, I need to see a link that shows it.

Thanks.

Have enjoyed reading everyone's theories...hope we wake to some positive news. G'night all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx