CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those more experienced than I, do perps who stick their noses in their own investigation tend to stick to the more methodical, technical, LE side of it, or have you seen those that offer support and condolences to loved ones?

Depends on how sick and truly deranged they are, in my opinion.

I asked earlier today but no one answered me:(

Did Jessica always walk at least part of the way alone, or was that a one-time thing on Friday?

I think this is important, as if she always had a solo portion of her walk, then she may have been selected specifically. If not, she may have been a random victim, and if it had not been her, someone else would have been the victim.

Do we know? It was all very confusing to me...

I wasn't the brilliant one who posted the Twain quote. :floorlaugh:

What I was saying about RSO's, is that we shouldn't just pick one off of any map in Denver, put their picture up here, with their name and address, unless it's LINKED to this case, and Jessica. Or, am I wrong? :waitasec:

Ok, it was a person being reported in MSM as a possible suspect in this case. I think that holds up as a link to the case. It wasn't randomly chosen, his address was listed as Santa Fe drive, near 4th in Denver. That's why I think it was ok... But as I said I am not up on the latest rule revisions...

IF it's the same guy that was attempting to lure in Arvada, what times of day were those? maybe this guy is unemployed? parole? retired vet? works from home or for self/owns a business?

My hope is he called in sick.

For those more experienced than I, do perps who stick their noses in their own investigation tend to stick to the more methodical, technical, LE side of it, or have you seen those that offer support and condolences to loved ones?

Ryan Brunn (Jorelys Rivera) went right to the victim's mother's apartment hours after he sexually assaulted/bludgened/stabbed/ her daughter and threw her in a dumpster and asked for a photo of Jorelys to use as the police went apartment to apartment. If I remember correctly, he even left a note that she was in the dumpster...

And Melissa Huckaby (Sandra Cantu) was very similar.

I wasn't the brilliant one who posted the Twain quote. :floorlaugh:

What I was saying about RSO's, is that we shouldn't just pick one off of any map in Denver, put their picture up here, with their name and address, unless it's LINKED to this case, and Jessica. Or, am I wrong? :waitasec:
Here's the rule on sex offenders:

Sex Offenders

It is illegal to use the sex offender registry information to harass anyone. We would never condone that at Websleuths. However, it is okay if, when a child goes missing or is harmed, we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. Never even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting here about a sex offender should always be within the law.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65798"]Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Thank you. That means the news account of "Colorado authorities announced this afternoon that they had positively identified the dismembered body of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway, who was last seen Oct. 5 heading to school." is not what you are looking for (posted on page 53), but for something like a video of LE stating that same thing.

I was trying to figure out what exactly you wanted for confirmation since the above didn't do it for you. Just wondering. (seriously, not being sarcastic)

Yes. In fact I believe LE did not use the word "dismembered", they used the word "incomplete" IIRC.

No. No, you are not at all alone.

Some of us were so weirded out earlier that we had to leave.

Geez. I must be even weirder that I felt the need to stay and keep watch.

Someone posted awhile back that the sketch is deceptive. If you can get ahold of the description, you'll see it is blond or fair haired person, there's no easy way to depict hair color in sketch. But I am only going by what someone else said.

I could be wrong but-
I thought the blond, fair skinned guy was the Cody, MI case... the candy man case was a younger, dark skinned guy.. Can't keep it straight.. wayyy too much of this crap going on. Makes me disgusted. Sometimes its hard to remember there is good in this world.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Maybe it's the time of night or overload of emotions from the case but I have the strangest feeling right now being on this board. I've followed several cases over the past few years and have never had this experience. Not even sure how to put it into words. Perhaps too many crime shows. Something is so "off" to me about some posts I've read over the last day. Then again maybe it's just a lack of sleep. Am I alone here?
nope...

Maybe it's the time of night or overload of emotions from the case but I have the strangest feeling right now being on this board. I've followed several cases over the past few years and have never had this experience. Not even sure how to put it into words. Perhaps too many crime shows. Something is so "off" to me about some posts I've read over the last day. Then again maybe it's just a lack of sleep. Am I alone here?

No, you're not.

I am just staggered, as always, at the amount of RSO's living and walking free.

Whenever something like this happens, there's always an enormous list of RSO's to wade through. They are on every street corner it seems.

It really is remarkable more children don't get attacked.

I asked earlier today but no one answered me:(

Did Jessica always walk at least part of the way alone, or was that a one-time thing on Friday?

I think this is important, as if she always had a solo portion of her walk, then she may have been selected specifically. If not, she may have been a random victim, and if it had not been her, someone else would have been the victim.

Do we know? It was all very confusing to me...
In the timeline thread, there is an interview with the mother that said she started walking with friends this year. Last year her mom drove her. Previous years she took the bus, but then they started charging for the bus, hence mom drove last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne