CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be a stupid question, but this crime has caused me to wonder about how they "clear" people. LE was able to "clear" the family, and I think that's great. I'm not suggesting that they were wrong, in any way. I just want to know from someone who knows how these things happen, HOW they clear people. For example, Sarah was home sleeping and I presume that no one else was at home to prove that. So then, how can LE "clear" someone like that with certain? If this is done via LDT and since they're inadmissable in court, how can LE then use them to clear someone before going to court? I've been told that when LE interviews people, they are traind to watch body language, which can point to guilt. I think it's probably pretty obvious that Sarah must feel varying degrees of guilt. Any parent in her situation would, but then unfortunately she has the added guilt of having been asleep when the phone rang. So....wouldn't those feelings pop up during the interviews? Are the investigators just trained how to read the difference, and this is what they go by? It's just so curious to me how this process works because unless someone has an outright aliby, and especially since most crimes to children happen at the hands of a family member, I just don't know how they were cleared so quickly (not just her family, but those in other crimes as well). It makes me wonder if they might not have had some other evidence, perhaps something that was found in the backpack or elsewhere, which directed them away from the family.

You will occasionally hear this admitted by LE after the fact.

What often clears family is their distress.

LE are well used to dealing with relatives of the deceased and they know genuine shock and grief when they see it.

It cannot be faked.

This is why parents such as the Celis's, the Ramseys, and the McCanns are looked at so suspiciously. They can try to fake it, but experienced LE know grief when they see it, and most especially, when they do not.

This will be argued about in here no doubt, but it remains true. Genuine grief is tangible and unmistakeable. LE are not stupid (mostly) and the lack of it speaks volumes.

Ok seeing as you asked again.

I'm looking for a statement by LE. That is, the Police. the FBI, or the Colorado Justice Dept.

I am looking for something like -

Confirmation Jessica was murdered.
Confirmation Jessica was dismembered.

We have neither, that I know of.

Chief Burke:

"A mission of justice for Jessica."

"All our efforts now are in search of her abductor."

" I want to stress that we recognize there is a predator at large in our community."

http://www.9news.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=1897554589001

Granted, cause of dismemberment hasn't been confirmed.

I hope this is allowed. This guy lives close to 4th and Santa Fe in Denver, he's a RSO, and I think he looks a lot like the candy man.

Someone posted awhile back that the sketch is deceptive. If you can get ahold of the description, you'll see it is blond or fair haired person, there's no easy way to depict hair color in sketch. But I am only going by what someone else said.

My suspicion is the monster who did this lives very close to JR and/or the park where she was to meet her friends. This was probably planned, this person probably knew her routine, and is very familiar with the area where the backpack was dumped and where her body was found. I think this monster wanted her backpack and body to be found quickly and was toying with LE for the attention. I also wouldn't be the least bit surprised if this person appears very normal to the outside world and hides well in society like a chameleon, that's what psychopaths do best imo.

Of course this just all my own personal speculation and I am by no means an expert.

Regarding naming the person:
We do have updated rules about RSO's which I am unfamiliar with, and going to go read. But it used to be ok if it is an RSO in regards to the case.

Anyhow, just jumping off this post to say good night and thanks for the Twain quote.
I wasn't the brilliant one who posted the Twain quote. :floorlaugh:

What I was saying about RSO's, is that we shouldn't just pick one off of any map in Denver, put their picture up here, with their name and address, unless it's LINKED to this case, and Jessica. Or, am I wrong? :waitasec:

Warning Graphic

Personally, I choose to believe the reporter he was told that. It makes sense, when you consider the 100 officers that searched that area, I suspect we would know if an animal left undigested items here or there. I believe the coroner would have been back on sight. You get the idea, but I understand if others don't feel comfortable making that leap until there is an official announcement.

IF it's the same guy that was attempting to lure in Arvada, what times of day were those? maybe this guy is unemployed? parole? retired vet? works from home or for self/owns a business?

I'm coming out of lurk mode for this.

This case reeks of a perp who pre-planned this assault. Just as a burglar cases his place to rob, the person they are looking for cased this child. He knew her path to school, probably knew her mothers work schedule and knew the father wasn't in the home. That doesn't mean he knew the family personally - just that he is close by. Surely they are concentrating on the path to the park. They also need to question or requestion the other children (and their families) who meet up at the park and walk to school together.

Friday abduction - makes me think of Dave Westerfield, taking Danielle Van Dam. The weekened to do their deviant act, then worry about getting rid of the body. Time of abduction indicates, this person works a 2nd or 3rd shift, has Friday's off, or took the day off, may be unemployed or even retired.

Body not intact - indicates others live close enough around him, that he wouldn't risk moving her whole.

The whole thing is heartbreaking.

Someone posted awhile back that the sketch is deceptive. If you can get ahold of the description, you'll see it is blond or fair haired person, there's no easy way to depict hair color in sketch. But I am only going by what someone else said.

In that case, I think there was one in Westminster that was close too.

Maybe it's the time of night or overload of emotions from the case but I have the strangest feeling right now being on this board. I've followed several cases over the past few years and have never had this experience. Not even sure how to put it into words. Perhaps too many crime shows. Something is so "off" to me about some posts I've read over the last day. Then again maybe it's just a lack of sleep. Am I alone here?

Bessie is here she's a moderator, just ask her about what can be posted and what can't she's here to help.

For anyone that doesn't know how to alert a post that may contain objectionable information or is otherwise against TOS.

At the top right hand corner of every post is a triangle outlined in red. Click on that and a new window will open with a text box for you to type in how the content is objectionable, if it is against TOS or if you would just like a mod to review it and make a decision on it. Keep in mind that mods aren't always online and sometimes when they are they are swamped with alerts.

Just info to keep in mind :)

ETA: if you're on a thread that's very busy like this one, scroll down to the bottom of the screen where the members here is listed. All mods have their names bolded now.

I wasn't the brilliant one who posted the Twain quote. :floorlaugh:

What I was saying about RSO's, is that we shouldn't just pick one off of any map in Denver, put their picture up here, with their name and address, unless it's LINKED to this case, and Jessica. Or, am I wrong? :waitasec:

I can remove it. I think I was supposed to just put a link to it, but I forget things sometimes.

I'm looking for a statement by LE. That is, the Police. the FBI, or the Colorado Justice Dept.

Thank you. That means the news account of "Colorado authorities announced this afternoon that they had positively identified the dismembered body of 10-year-old Jessica Ridgeway, who was last seen Oct. 5 heading to school." is not what you are looking for (posted on page 53), but for something like a video of LE stating that same thing.

I was trying to figure out what exactly you wanted for confirmation since the above didn't do it for you. Just wondering. (seriously, not being sarcastic)

No. No, you are not at all alone.

Some of us were so weirded out earlier that we had to leave.

Maybe it's the time of night or overload of emotions from the case but I have the strangest feeling right now being on this board. I've followed several cases over the past few years and have never had this experience. Not even sure how to put it into words. Perhaps too many crime shows. Something is so "off" to me about some posts I've read over the last day. Then again maybe it's just a lack of sleep. Am I alone here?

Not quite sure what you mean?

that's really good news though. Of course they can't arrest in connection with this case yet, - they need to build their case with all the evidence, but they want this guy off the streets for some reason.
I really thought he'd be more local to Jessica's home though.

Authorities are arresting the person of interest on unrelated warrants and taking DNA per KDVR on Twitter.

Live report in 7 min.

No we do not have either of those. I was hoping for clarification on dismemberment personally.

Simply from LE "There is a predator out there."
Also that they (LE) will not rest till he is caught.

Which leads to the idea that Jessica was abducted and/or murdered. Something predatory.

I actually didn't think about it that way until just now...

But if they could not prove Jessica was abducted...
If animals were responsible for the damage to the body...
and they couldn't determine a cause of death...

I don't think they would have made such strong statements.
They must KNOW something.

I think the something is either proof of murder and/or proof of rape and/or proof of dismemberment. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne